Bills prospect RB Javian Hawkins

YoloinOhio

Both Singletary and Moss are #2s, they aren’t ever going to be #1s,  although he is faster, Hawkins is as mentioned, undersized, we do not need a third #2 RB, it would be okay as Gunner said, as 6th or 7th round pick.  If the offensive line and the RBs can get on the same page, our current talent will look much better, an improvement on the O line will be more beneficial as a whole.  Although a bigger faster RB would be really nice to have...

Like Gunner said, I’d use a throw away pick on him. His 40 time would contribute to my decision. Hawkins, size wise, is comparable to Darren Sproles. I could go into next season with an improved offensive line, Moss/Singletary and Hawkins as my 3rd/accessory back. If he could be half a player Sproles was it would be a win-win situation 

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

[quote]He is exceptionally quick, elusive, and has the speed to take the football the distance from anywhere on the field. What he lacks in size, he makes up in big-play potential. At the next level, Hawkins doesn’t profile as a feature back, but his skill set demands a few chances each week to get involved in the passing game, jet motion, and perimeter runs. The challenge with Hawkins in the NFL is he lacks natural vision, is undersized, and has some ball security issues. Despite his skill set translating well to pass-catching duties out of the backfield, he only caught 21 passes in college, so he must prove his ability to be a reliable receiver. Hawkins is a niche player, but his ability to produce big plays and add a speed dynamic gives him a chance at the next level[/quote]

Projected 5th round 

Where is the Freiermuth piece?!?!:wub:

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

McKenzie = WR

Hawkins = RB

And at this time last year Lynn Bowden was a QB. 🤷‍♂️. If Hawkins had good vision to go along with his elusiveness there’d be a real difference. At this point he’s an elite athlete that runs into his linemen too often. Nothing wrong with spending a late round pick on a developmental player with speed. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

@YoloinOhio

How about one of these threads on Travis Etienne from Clemson?

As I start prepping myself of the mocks, this kid stands out as a Beane guy. He has the quality starts and production we look for, and the comments made in the off-season makes me believe we are going for a home run hitter at either RB or TE somewhere.  

I still feel like it’s going to be DB with our first, Edge second, but I think Travis is a guy worth keeping an eye on

Edited by Virgil

On 2/26/2021 at 1:43 AM, jkx2 said:

No more undersize backs

no new friends...

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

@YoloinOhio

As I start prepping myself of the mocks, this kid stands out as a Beane guy. He has the quality starts and production we look for, and the comments made in the off-season makes me believe we are going for a home run hitter at either RB or TE somewhere.  

I still feel like it’s going to be DB with our first, Edge second, but I think Travis is a guy worth keeping an eye on

@YoloinOhio

I would much rather take someone like Etienne than a defender in round 1...Etienne gives us something we are sorely lacking on offense, which is how this team is built now...I get McD is a defensive coach but I think Etienne gives us more than a defender would

On 2/25/2021 at 9:53 PM, Aaronthebaron said:

Yes yes yes. I really think we need a burner RB, someone that’s a threat to break long runs and take some pressure off the passing game.

I bet that CJ Spiller is still pretty fast...  Speed is only one part of being a good RB.  I'll grant that with the more open NFL offenses of today, that speed is a big advantage - if you can get into the open field.  

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

@YoloinOhio

@YoloinOhio

200.gif

On 2/26/2021 at 7:55 PM, Buffalo Junction said:

And at this time last year Lynn Bowden was a QB. 🤷‍♂️. If Hawkins had good vision to go along with his elusiveness there’d be a real difference. At this point he’s an elite athlete that runs into his linemen too often. Nothing wrong with spending a late round pick on a developmental player with speed. 

Bowden was only playing QB out of necessity. All their QBs got hurt or transferred. He was a WR recruit.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

@YoloinOhio

@YoloinOhio

Has he met with the Bills? I heard mentioned on a podcast that he has but I didn’t see it reported. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Bowden was only playing QB out of necessity. All their QBs got hurt or transferred. He was a WR recruit.

I’m well aware. I posted about him a fair amount this time last year. My point was that what these guys do in college doesn’t necessarily provide a clear view of how they’ll be used in the NFL... Gruden tried to use Bowden as a RB, and bailed on that effort. 

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Has he met with the Bills? I heard mentioned on a podcast that he has but I didn’t see it reported. 

No idea, but didn’t we send everyone to the Clemson Pro Day?

Also, were you making those just for players we’ve had meetings with?  I didn’t realize that if you had

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don't see him on this, but I'm not sure how accurate the list is. I remember seeing somewhere that we had met with RB Kylin Hill of Miss. St., but no mention of him on here either. 

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-bills-prospect-meeting-tracker.html

On 2/25/2021 at 9:53 PM, Aaronthebaron said:

Yes yes yes. I really think we need a burner RB, someone that’s a threat to break long runs and take some pressure off the passing game.

Im a hard pass. This kids got burners but most of his big runs had gaping holes or defense lost of contain. We need a pound it smash it Najee Harris type back not another CJ Spiller.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

We've already got 2 slow backs who can break tackles. Adding another one isn't gonna change much. 

We have 1 slow back that breaks some tackles, the other, not so much. If you would have a CJ Spiller type over a Derrick Henry type deep in the season when defenders are sick of tackling you, then thats your opinion- cheers.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

No idea, but didn’t we send everyone to the Clemson Pro Day?

Also, were you making those just for players we’ve had meetings with?  I didn’t realize that if you had

Yes I was doing that as the virtual 1:1 visits  were reported. it used to be limited to 30 when they physically flew in for visits. I am not sure if it is limited this year.

Edited by YoloinOhio