Man I hope this is not true... article alleges PS&E denying use of facility to hold memorial service for fallen Service members

Bob Lonsberry has a checkered past.  Google his comments about a former Rochester mayor.  

I don’t care for his act, and I won’t read what he posts on his station website.  That said, a bit of perspective here: the Pegulas didn’t turn down a military memorial service.  They turned down an indoor event to be held during a pandemic that happened to be a military memorial service.  Everyone needs to take a deep breath.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBorn1960 said:

No.... it appears they pretty much did turn down a memorial service that was cleared by the state and would be run by volunteers... so,there that

According to Lonsberry, that's what went down.  Maybe there's another side to this, is all some of us are saying. 

And there's this upthread:

Agree, here’s some. additional perspective... not a good look for our owners.. would be nice for them to issue a statement..

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york-news/controversy-erupts-over-location-of-memorial-ceremony-for-3-guardsmen-who-died-in-helicopter-crash/6018472/

Edited by BuffaloBorn1960

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBorn1960 said:

Agree, here’s some. additional perspective... not a good look for our owners.. would be nice for them to issue a statement..

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york-news/controversy-erupts-over-location-of-memorial-ceremony-for-3-guardsmen-who-died-in-helicopter-crash/6018472/

I mean they did.

"While we were engaged in the planning process, the National Guard informed us that due to time constraints and additional planning needs, it would be best for their personnel to hold the memorial at a National Guard facility."

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

A “National Guard official” would be one arranging, on behalf of the survivors (of which the woman quoted is one), a memorial.  It is simple to assume that that official (or others in the Guard directly involved in this endeavor) would be the one(s) telling the survivors the reason why, after all this planning, their would not be a BCA event.

Im just pointing that out, while you are redefining “disingenuous”.

Simply clearing this bit of bad publicity up with their side of the story could lead to “harm” and “BS lawsuits”?

you lost me

your pushing the stories agenda instead of looking at the bigger picture. I have said my piece in this topic of what I know by fact and the unknowns none of us will now... 

done with this conversation

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I haven’t been approached to sponsor such an event in my empty arena with most of the costs covered by the local police and national guard... but I would happily contribute to any such memorial in any other way.

Cheer up,  these brave soldiers will have their day of remembrance after all—-not in some run down bandbox, but in the very building from where they departed on that fateful flight that day.  

I'm sorry you are the way you are. I hope things get better for you. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well, sure, I guess one of the widows who has been anticipating a memorial for her husband and 3 others at the BCA could have been told that the plans were not going to happen after all, and over money by........just about anyone, right?  Why would we think it would most likely be by the National Guard officials (first hand) who were trying to put it together?  Crazy right?

Accomplish?  I'm just pointing out the obvious:  because one might not like Lonsberry (in this instance) doesn't mean he is fabricating the facts of this case (which have not been disputed by anyone on record--posters don't count).   

Why suggest that the wife, who is a beneficiary of this tribute, is so far removed from primary fact that we can easily question her public statement of the topic?  You think she did not hear what she said directly from the Guard?  My first question to the people who told me they were putting together a memorial at the BCA for my dead soldier spouse and others, with the special involvement of the Governor, the County, the Health Department that weeks in to discussions suddenly fell apart would be:  What happened?   And I wouldn't be asking "some guy who heard something from someone".  

I guess we will have to wait for the PSE to provide their side of the story to correct what is a "bad look", right?  If it wasn't about COVID/health issues and it wasn't about staffing and it wasn't about money in any way.....maybe they will tell us what the reason they won't host this event is.

Ever hear the phrase consider the source? Bob Lonsberry has posted so much garbage in the past and removes it weeks later. He puts crap out on twitter then removes in weeks later. Bob Lonsberry is not a good source but you continue your love of good old bob.. Bob has slammed PSE in the past for stupid reasons then removed posts.

Here is what I know, Picking this up second hand. 

There were multiple scheduling changes on this event. When they settled on a time the slot was full. 

I am a no BS person.. I call it as it is,, Again take my words for what its worth.

your putting to much effort in trusting one side thinking the other side owes us an explanation.

The fact is they owe us.. The Military or the family 0 explanation as it was a business decision.

But again you keep following ole Bobbie O'

You talk about fact? 

There were talks back and forth 

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york-news/controversy-erupts-over-location-of-memorial-ceremony-for-3-guardsmen-who-died-in-helicopter-crash/6018472/?cat=565

here is another clue.. BOB is the only one complaining about this. The families are ok with it they were on time constraints times dates changed back and forth talks

National Guard decided against it in the end... 

know your facts before ranting about stuff your clueless about

TIME CONSTRAINTS...  

Edited by PrimeTime101

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I haven’t been approached to sponsor such an event in my empty arena with most of the costs covered by the local police and national guard... but I would happily contribute to any such memorial in any other way.

Cheer up,  these brave soldiers will have their day of remembrance after all—-not in some run down bandbox, but in the very building from where they departed on that fateful flight that day.  

This is pretty pathetic

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBorn1960 said:

No.... it appears they pretty much did turn down a memorial service that was cleared by the state and would be run by volunteers... so,there that

NIce qualifier.  By "pretty much" you mean they didn't turn the event down because of its military component.  Again, this is an indoor event that they chose not to hold.  Don't wanna have to make wedding cakes for gay people?  Don't complain about this.  Take a breath and get over it. 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Bob Lonsberry has a checkered past.  Google his comments about a former Rochester mayor.  

I don’t care for his act, and I won’t read what he posts on his station website.  That said, a bit of perspective here: the Pegulas didn’t turn down a military memorial service.  They turned down an indoor event to be held during a pandemic that happened to be a military memorial service.  Everyone needs to take a deep breath.  

That's not why they turned int down.

• Haha (+1) 1

The news in that video reached out to Pegula and asked. This was the response.

"While we were engaged in the planning process, the National Guard informed us that do to time constraints, it would be best for their personel to hold the memorial at national guard facility" 

again... Business decisions are not for us to frown on.. 

Bob blew this up 

this whole thing is stupid

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Ever hear the phrase consider the source? Bob Lonsberry has posted so much garbage in the past and removes it weeks later. He puts crap out on twitter then removes in weeks later. Bob Lonsberry is not a good source but you continue your love of good old bob.. Bob has slammed PSE in the past for stupid reasons then removed posts.

Here is what I know, Picking this up second hand. 

There were multiple scheduling changes on this event. When they settled on a time the slot was full. 

I am a no BS person.. I call it as it is,, Again take my words for what its worth.

your putting to much effort in trusting one side thinking the other side owes us an explanation.

The fact is they owe us.. The Military or the family 0 explanation as it was a business decision.

But again you keep following ole Bobbie O'

You talk about fact? 

There were talks back and forth 

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york-news/controversy-erupts-over-location-of-memorial-ceremony-for-3-guardsmen-who-died-in-helicopter-crash/6018472/?cat=565

here is another clue.. BOB is the only one complaining about this. The families are ok with it they were on time constraints times dates changed back and forth talks

National Guard decided against it in the end... 

know your facts before ranting about stuff your clueless about

TIME CONSTRAINTS...  

Oh man...lol

And in a WROC article the same day, the family member quoted was not OK with it.

58 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm sorry you are the way you are. I hope things get better for you. 

I'm so close.....

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh man...lol

And in a WROC article the same day, the family member quoted was not OK with it.

The close family was fine with it.  it was one family member that quoted and not a close family member. Again I stated all the facts in this including the Pegula response and your still beating the bush.