The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Hoax

You love yourself some BLM and Antifa riots.  How many cops got injured in those?  You guys didn't care about them one bit.  How many 40 month sentences got handed out for attacking police, firebombing federal facilities?  Like none!  You cheered when liberal businesses refused to serve law enforcement people.  You supported defunding police in crime infested cities.  And my oh my, how that worked out so well!  Now you're friends of the cops?  I call bullsheet on that.  Its just a convenient yet contradictory position to take because it suits the situation.  Admit it.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You love yourself some BLM and Antifa riots.  How many cops got injured in those?  You guys didn't care about them one bit.  How many 40 month sentences got handed out for attacking police, firebombing federal facilities?  Like none!  You cheered when liberal businesses refused to serve law enforcement people.  You supported defunding police in crime infested cities.  And my oh my, how that worked out so well!  Now you're friends of the cops?  I call bullsheet on that.  Its just a convenient yet contradictory position to take because it suits the situation.  Admit it.

No D's that I know of loved the riots.  Pretty confident that none here did.  There were plenty of rioters arrested and prosecuted.  And the left didn't make them into heroes and campaign with a group of them singing patriotic songs.  You want sick and twisted?  There you go...

https://apnews.com/article/records-rebut-claims-jan-6-rioters-55adf4d46aff57b91af2fdd3345dace8

The AP found that more than 120 defendants across the United States have pleaded guilty or were convicted at trial of federal crimes including rioting, arson and conspiracy. More than 70 defendants who’ve been sentenced so far have gotten an average of about 27 months behind bars. At least 10 received prison terms of five years or more.

The dissonance between the rhetoric of Capitol rioters and their supporters and the record established by courts highlights both the racial tension inherent in their arguments — the pro-Donald Trump rioters were largely white and last summer’s protesters were more diverse — and the flawed assessment at the heart of their claims.

“The property damage or accusations of arson and looting from last year, those were serious and they were dealt with seriously, but they weren’t an attack on the very core constitutional processes that we rely on in a democracy, nor were they an attack on the United States Congress,” said Kent Greenfield, a professor at Boston College Law School.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You sound really desperate.

VICTORIA TAFT: And Just Like That, It’s No Longer an Insurrection. 

“And just like that, the January 6 insurrection is no more. And the deconstruction story is really something.

At the center of this narrative switcheroo is none other than Ray Epps.”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2023/07/13/and-just-like-that-its-no-longer-an-insurrection-n1710334

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

VICTORIA TAFT: And Just Like That, It’s No Longer an Insurrection. 

“And just like that, the January 6 insurrection is no more. And the deconstruction story is really something.

At the center of this narrative switcheroo is none other than Ray Epps.”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2023/07/13/and-just-like-that-its-no-longer-an-insurrection-n1710334

Epps’ life has been turned upside down by all of the attention. Still, his life hasn’t been ripped apart as much as the J6 Gulag internees still awaiting trial or the others who have been convicted and now spend their days making little rocks out of big rocks. Indeed, Ray Epps is currently a free man. Other J6ers did much less than Epps did. His treatment is the exception, not the rule.

LOL!  I just said that the Ray Epps thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 6:26 PM, redtail hawk said:

No D's that I know of loved the riots.  Pretty confident that none here did.  There were plenty of rioters arrested and prosecuted.  And the left didn't make them into heroes and campaign with a group of them singing patriotic songs.  You want sick and twisted?  There you go...

https://apnews.com/article/records-rebut-claims-jan-6-rioters-55adf4d46aff57b91af2fdd3345dace8

The AP found that more than 120 defendants across the United States have pleaded guilty or were convicted at trial of federal crimes including rioting, arson and conspiracy. More than 70 defendants who’ve been sentenced so far have gotten an average of about 27 months behind bars. At least 10 received prison terms of five years or more.

The dissonance between the rhetoric of Capitol rioters and their supporters and the record established by courts highlights both the racial tension inherent in their arguments — the pro-Donald Trump rioters were largely white and last summer’s protesters were more diverse — and the flawed assessment at the heart of their claims.

“The property damage or accusations of arson and looting from last year, those were serious and they were dealt with seriously, but they weren’t an attack on the very core constitutional processes that we rely on in a democracy, nor were they an attack on the United States Congress,” said Kent Greenfield, a professor at Boston College Law School.

Put down the bong.  Most D's loved the riots. These three #######s in Rochester, Congressman Joe Morelle, Mayor Malik Evans, and County Supervisor Adam Bello rioted with them.  And Bello's brother is a cop. 

When does the Biden corruption impeachment trial start?  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.com%2Fpolitics%2F2023%2F09%2F30%2Fexclusive-capitol-sources-jamaal-bowman-threw-signs-warning-door-was-emergency-only-on-floor-before-pulling-fire-alarm%2F

Exclusive — Capitol Sources: Jamaal Bowman Threw Signs Warning Door Was Emergency Only on Floor Before Pulling Fire Alarm

exact same crime - i'm guessing  zero punishment.

• Like (+1) 3

if anyone is interested in this tid bit of info. the capital had been actually attacked with guns and bombs on several occasions.  

the last few were pardoned by DEM presidents' way before the terms expired. as the attackers were lefty Marxist. 

Puerto Rican nationalists attack Congress — March 1, 1954 - pardoned by carter.

Bombing in protest of U.S. military in Laos — March 1, 1971 - weather underground (Obamas mentor)

Armed Resistance Unit bombing — Nov. 7, 1983 - Clinton

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Now There is Evidence the FBI Planned the January 6 Operation and Planted Documents
Days Earlier That Were Later Used Against Innocent Americans

by Jim Hoft

In February of this year, Cara Castronuovo wrote about a shocking development in the US government’s case against the Proud Boys. it was discovered that the Government itself was the author of the mysterious “1776 Returns” document. The 1776 Returns document is the title of a 9-page paper that outlined strategic plans for the takeover of US government buildings on January 6, 2021. It was confirmed in court that the FBI was behind the document and and FBI operative was the author of the document.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/10/now-there-is-evidence-fbi-planned-january-6/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

lol.

Calling everyone not on team blue, maga doesn't mean anything.

Wouldn't want to publish the faces or identities of assets involved in other cases.

Like Ray said, there are a lot of threats right now.

Pathetic.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Because they are state assets.

He LITERALLY says, "to not be charged by the DOJ", so even if your 'theory' is correct, that's not what his public statement said.  This is as clear a case of obstruction of justice as could possibly be presented, and claiming that the DOJ has other copies doesn't matter, because his intent is CLEAR.  Also, why does his doctrine of "Let the American people see, and make up their own minds" not apply to Hunter Biden testifying publicly???  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Do you or Mr. Benson Johnson know what the definition of colluding is??  Ironically, he uses the correct word, "coordination" afterward.  If anyone needs a brush up on what collusion means, they can simply google, 'Manafort' or 'Flynn'.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Republicans, until this week: they're hiding hundreds of hours of videos of January 6! Release them now so the public can see for themselves that these poor Americans were nothing more than peaceful protesters!

Republicans now: but blur their faces so Americans can't identify their neighbors and co-workers engaging in a riot, and maybe send in a tip to the FBI!

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Republicans, until this week: they're hiding hundreds of hours of videos of January 6! Release them now so the public can see for themselves that these poor Americans were nothing more than peaceful protesters!

Republicans now: but blur their faces so Americans can't identify their neighbors and co-workers engaging in a riot, and maybe send in a tip to the FBI!

It's silly.  It's not like the FBI didn't already have the videotapes...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It's silly.  It's not like the FBI didn't already have the videotapes...

This has already been covered.  There are security concerns, much akin to why we don't give guided tours of Fort Knox.  So let's again ask why their faces are being concealed, and the answer was already plainly and clearly cited, "to protect them(the insurrectionist) from the DOJ".  This poses a new question for those who actually read and follow the Constitution, does this disqualify Mike Johnson(et al involved).  Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office:  No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or GIVEN AID OR COMFORT to the enemies thereof.       

If you have no argument against this, a simple laughing emoji will suffice.   

3 hours ago, daz28 said:

This has already been covered.  There are security concerns, much akin to why we don't give guided tours of Fort Knox.  So let's again ask why their faces are being concealed, and the answer was already plainly and clearly cited, "to protect them(the insurrectionist) from the DOJ".  This poses a new question for those who actually read and follow the Constitution, does this disqualify Mike Johnson(et al involved).  Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office:  No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or GIVEN AID OR COMFORT to the enemies thereof.       

If you have no argument against this, a simple laughing emoji will suffice.   

How is he giving aid or comfort?

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

How is he giving aid or comfort?

He is concealing the identity of people who were alongside the people who have already been convicted of seditious conspiracy for the sole purpose of evading justice.  I would imagine any attempt to keep them free/hidden would include comfort, not just simply hiding them in your basement/attic.  

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, daz28 said:

He is concealing the identity of people who were alongside the people who have already been convicted of seditious conspiracy for the sole purpose of evading justice.  I would imagine any attempt to keep them free/hidden would include comfort, not just simply hiding them in your basement/attic.  

Which gets me back to what I said originally: the FBI/law enforcement has had these tapes, uncensored, for the past almost 3 years.  Are you actually suggesting that this is the first time they've seen them?

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

Which gets me back to what I said originally: the FBI/law enforcement has had these tapes, uncensored, for the past almost 3 years.  Are you actually suggesting that this is the first time they've seen them?

No, I'm not suggesting anything.  I'm clearly saying and repeating exactly what Mike Johnson himself said, that he's waiting to release the tapes until after he can conceal the faces, so that the public watching the videos can't identify and report to the DOJ the people that the FBI has been unable to identify/locate.