The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

What I don’t understand is how anyone who speaks a word against Trump is immediately labeled a rino. Any deviation from total support of Trump is not allowed. If you are a public official, you can then expect piles of death threats from Trump supporters. This pattern has been repeated over and over with anyone who dares speak against the orange guy. Now there is a R candidate airing an ad busting into a house to kill rinos. Where does the insanity end? The glorification of guns and violence in political advertising is part of the problem. Some nut job is going to follow the hint.

Within the dem party, people speak out against Biden all the time, but they are not ostracized from the party. 

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Politicians used to be more reserved and understated types before our discourse resembled WWF promos.  I preferred it the old way.  Now we have members of congress who call their opponents the Jihad Squad in public forums and no one bats an eye.  Hogan vs. the Iron Sheik on the floor of congress.  

You can be strong and confident without beating your chest and throwing your own feces around like a gorilla.  I don't need fake bravado from my elected officials.  Biden's dementia tales of knife fighting behind the shed with corn pop and Trump's bully act do nothing for me.  I'll choose UFC all day for bravado and watch guys talk ***** and actually put it on the line.

To the larger point, I agree.  It would be nice if the bs was eliminated. 

I do think the view that politicians of old were above it all is hyper-glamorized.  That is to say, I don’t think such animals roamed the earth in anything approaching large numbers.  It’s a nasty, ugly business and has been since before the infamous Burr-Hamilton duel.  

15 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

What I don’t understand is how anyone who speaks a word against Trump is immediately labeled a rino. Any deviation from total support of Trump is not allowed. If you are a public official, you can then expect piles of death threats from Trump supporters. This pattern has been repeated over and over with anyone who dares speak against the orange guy. Now there is a R candidate airing an ad busting into a house to kill rinos. Where does the insanity end? The glorification of guns and violence in political advertising is part of the problem. Some nut job is going to follow the hint.

Within the dem party, people speak out against Biden all the time, but they are not ostracized from the party. 

Okie Dokie…..now do Obama 

15 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Manchin and Sinema have been treated ummm slightly less than friendly by their dem brethren.

• Agree 1

Yes Manchin is not liked. He is trying his best to steer the party towards moderation (which is would be a better course for them to follow). I don’t know what’s up with Sinema. The sane dems know that if Manchin isn’t holding office and doing his thing, a Trumper will take his place. While neither are stars of the party faithful, there is no where near the hatred and anger towards them as there is towards the dissenters in the Rep party. There are now many, many good solid republicans who have supported the party all their lives who are banished into no man’s land because they disagree with Trump. 

The dems are also not glorifying assault weapons in political ads. Guns in politics is a horrible combination that is not going to help our democracy.

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s interesting.  I find differences in perspective pretty cool, and find people to be pretty relatable if I hold myself accountable to being open-minded.  

This isn't that, bud. I know when a d-bag is a d-bag. It's pretty cut-and-dry. I don't need to be "open minded" for that. See Jauronimo's post above.

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Politicians used to be more reserved and understated types before our discourse resembled WWF promos.  I preferred it the old way.  Now we have members of congress who call their opponents the Jihad Squad in public forums and no one bats an eye.  Hogan vs. the Iron Sheik on the floor of congress.  

You can be strong and confident without beating your chest and throwing your own feces around like a gorilla.  I don't need fake bravado from my elected officials.  Biden's dementia tales of knife fighting behind the shed with corn pop and Trump's bully act do nothing for me.  I'll choose UFC all day for bravado and watch guys talk ***** and actually put it on the line.

Yeah, this is the age we live in. Just look at this forum with people constantly calling each other names like children.

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

Ok - let’s hear it - lol

Reading comprehension is your friend. Someone said only Republicans fall in line behind a specific leader and that if you openly criticize Trump, you’re an outcast. The same is 100% true of the Democrats with Obama….clear enough for you? The two major political parties are very much alike….even for those like you who choose to live in your DNC party line hypnotic fantasyland. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Reading comprehension is your friend. Someone said only Republicans fall in line behind a specific leader and that if you openly criticize Trump, you’re an outcast. The same is 100% true of the Democrats with Obama….clear enough for you? The two major political parties are very much alike….even for those like you who choose to live in your DNC party line hypnotic fantasyland. 

I don’t think that’s regularly true of either party. Hillary had detractors in the Dems and Biden can’t go a week without being called out by the far left for something. 

I don’t think the GOP had a cult of personality around Bush or Romney, but there is something about Trump that ignites a fanatical base. The current party seems to be that you’re either fully supporting Trump or you’re a RINO. There is no actual policy, there is only Trump.

It’s definitely not true of all Republican voters, but it is with enough of them to drive the party and I don’t think it’s healthy. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

False

11 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

This isn't that, bud. I know when a d-bag is a d-bag. It's pretty cut-and-dry. I don't need to be "open minded" for that. See Jauronimo's post above.

I didn't suggest you needed to be open-minded, I just replied to a post where you offered your views on character and such.  In my experience, if I start shunning people with d-bagish tendencies I have to cut out many folks, including actors, musical artists and the occasional professional football player. It's not that I don't ever shun, I just selectively manage according to things that interest me, and try not to judge those who may have a different perspective.  In many cases, I find discussions with people who disagree with me enlightening or at a minimum, interesting. 

As for Jauronimo's post, I read and replied to it. 

As an observation, in reading your last two posts, this beloved television character came to mind:

11 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, this is the age we live in. Just look at this forum with people constantly calling each other names like children.

It's a shame when it gets nasty.  

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I didn't suggest you needed to be open-minded, I just replied to a post where you offered your views on character and such.  In my experience, if I start shunning people with d-bagish tendencies I have to cut out many folks, including actors, musical artists and the occasional professional football player. It's not that I don't ever shun, I just selectively manage according to things that interest me, and try not to judge those who may have a different perspective.  In many cases, I find discussions with people who disagree with me enlightening or at a minimum, interesting. 

As for Jauronimo's post, I read and replied to it. 

As an observation, in reading your last two posts, this beloved television character came to mind:

It's a shame when it gets nasty.  

Do you think Trump acted in a criminal manner in this episode? 

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Do you think Trump acted in a criminal manner in this episode? 

What episode are you referring to, Tibs?  Holding the rally?  Suggesting the election was fixed?  Attempting, and failing, to use the legal system to review the outcome of the election? 

If you can be specific, I'd be happy to respond.  

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What episode are you referring to, Tibs?  Holding the rally?  Suggesting the election was fixed?  Attempting, and failing, to use the legal system to review the outcome of the election? 

If you can be specific, I'd be happy to respond.  

No specifics. Just did you see anything that is criminal in your eyes?