The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

10 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I love how you compare this to the summer riots as if they're the same and a gaggle of jackasses jump to agree.  They are not similar, and I'll be the first to say the summer rioters that broke laws should rot in jail too. 

We were one semi delusional man's (Pence I mean) decision away from having much bigger problems.   If he goes with the Orange shart's moronic plan who knows what chaos comes then.  Certainly the left would respond/likely riot.

It's very similar.  People being told (what might be) a lie (election stolen/black people being killed indiscriminately by police) leading to rioting, violence, destruction of property, injury and death.  Both were terrible but J6 was one afternoon while the Summer of 2020 was, well, the Summer of 2020.

The Spin on Real Aim of J6 Committee Begins, as Adam Kinzinger Hits the Height of Hot Takes

0e25cc49-be67-4cb8-8555-e2494b428c70-860

Let’s just be frank here, even if the Democrats will not be.

The Jan. 6 Committee has nothing to do with the truth or “justice.” It’s about trying to do all they can to hurt the Republican position before the midterms, and deflect from the horrible results of the policies of Joe Biden and the Democrats. Just as importantly, it’s about doing whatever they can to block out President Donald Trump from ever becoming president again, so they can hold onto their power.

They don’t get that the more they throw down on this exercise, the more it antagonizes most of the American people, who are concerned with the here and the now of the struggle the Democrats have made it to deal with the present.

But while the Democrats want to paint the Committee as some noble cause, a little bit of the truth about what it’s all about leaked out onto some of the networks on the Sunday shows.

Listen as they talk with a Republican who worked for Paul Ryan and John Boehner, Brendan Buck. Oh, he’s current and relevant. Not.

He tries to suggest that the purpose isn’t to try to influence the public, but to influence US Attorney General Merrick Garland.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/06/19/the-spin-on-real-aim-of-j6-committee-begins-as-adam-kinzinger-hits-the-height-of-hot-takes-n581008

3 hours ago, Doc said:

It's very similar.  People being told (what might be) a lie (election stolen/black people being killed indiscriminately by police) leading to rioting, violence, destruction of property, injury and death.  Both were terrible but J6 was one afternoon while the Summer of 2020 was, well, the Summer of 2020.

Those ARE similarities but yet not at all the same.  I'm not going to through the many ways they differ its redundant and borderline stupid. 

2 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

Imagine actually having principles and being able to condemn ALL political violence as bad, wrong, inappropriate. 

I haven't seen any progressive posters here defend the Summer riots like conservative posters defend Jan 6.  Maybe it happened a lot and I didn't see but I'm doubtful.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Those ARE similarities but yet not at all the same.  I'm not going to through the many ways they differ its redundant and borderline stupid. 

If that’s what helps you believe that one afternoon of one was worse than months of the other…

1 hour ago, Doc said:

If that’s what helps you believe that one afternoon of one was worse than months of the other…

Or he could not worry about teasing out the similarities and differences and just be a principled person and condemn ALL political violence no matter what.

Not only have the people on the right here condemned the violence on J6, as far as I know most have also agreed that the non-violent Capitol selfie taker trespassers should also be charged appropriately.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

Or he could not worry about teasing out the similarities and differences and just be a principled person and condemn ALL political violence no matter what.

Not only have the people on the right here condemned the violence on J6, as far as I know most have also agreed that the non-violent Capitol selfie taker trespassers should also be charged appropriately.

Agree except if they were let-in by the CP, I don't think they should be charged.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Agree except if they were let-in by the CP, I don't think they should be charged.

lmao - they were all let in  - including Miss American Taliban?  Why was she shot?

Anyhow.............................

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/19/2022 at 11:23 PM, L Ron Burgundy said:

I love how you compare this to the summer riots as if they're the same and a gaggle of jackasses jump to agree.  They are not similar, and I'll be the first to say the summer rioters that broke laws should rot in jail too. 

We were one semi delusional man's (Pence I mean) decision away from having much bigger problems.   If he goes with the Orange shart's moronic plan who knows what chaos comes then.  Certainly the left would respond/likely riot.

of course they would have!  I expect They would’ve burned Washington down if Trump somehow won too. 

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

of course they would have!  I expect They would’ve burned Washington down if Trump somehow won too. 

They said exactly that. 

Biden better win, and win comfortably or else the ***** is REALLY gonna hit the fan!

But, but that's different!

Edited by DRsGhost

22 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

They said exactly that. 

Biden better win, and win comfortably or else the ***** is REALLY gonna hit the fan!

But, but that's different!

I didn’t run a simulation, but I did read the tea leaves.  Major players in the dem arena raised the concern of election security a year before the election.  Sens Warren and Klobuchar are not low level players in the game.  To boot, the election came 5 years after the constant drumbeat of Trump being an illegitimate president propped up by Russia. 

It was a highly effective strategy in spite of the fact that the nebulous claims of collusion were disproven.  

The only question was which side was making the claim.  

19 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I haven't seen any progressive posters here defend the Summer riots like conservative posters defend Jan 6.  Maybe it happened a lot and I didn't see but I'm doubtful.  

Please point to the conservative posters defending 1/6.  

You actually have it backwards. There appear to be a lot more conservatives condemning 1/6 than progressives condemning the summer of 2020. Maybe that’s why one was an afternoon and the other lasted a summer. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

You actually have it backwards. There appear to be a lot more conservatives condemning 1/6 than progressives condemning the summer of 2020. Maybe that’s why one was an afternoon and the other lasted a summer. 

Refusing to call it an insurrection is not defending the events of J6.

We already know the FBI had informants there on J6. Questioning just how many FBI CHSs were among the crowd on J6 and what role they might have played is also not defending what happened on J6.

Questioning why people with no prior criminal record are being held pretrial without bail for 18 months in squalid conditions at the DC jail is also not defending what happened on J6.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Refusing to call it an insurrection is not defending the events of J6.

We already know the FBI had informants there on J6. Questioning just how many FBI CHSs were among the crowd on J6 and what role they might have played is also not defending what happened on J6.

Questioning why people with no prior criminal record are being held pretrial without bail for 18 months in squalid conditions at the DC jail is also not defending what happened on J6.

None of your BS matters.

Conald had his goons there for a reason.

And don’t forget: voter fraud:

"I just want to find eleven thousand seven hundred and eighty votes." 

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

They are consistent though, you have to give them that. 

One of the additional sad realities of the summer of 2020 was the abject disregard of COVID protocol with massive gatherings across the country, and the spread that surely followed.  Tens of thousands of people were coming together week after week--traveling to/from all across the country and bringing the virus home with them.  Still, it was hard to find a liberal or a dem in leadership who spoke in favor of common sense, and in reality encouraged the behavior and the spread.  

So, while huddled in bunkers of their own choosing, supporting shut downs and lockdowns for the masses, they watched in blissful ignorance as the virus spread. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

One of the additional sad realities of the summer of 2020 was the abject disregard of COVID protocol with massive gatherings across the country, and the spread that surely followed.  Tens of thousands of people were coming together week after week--traveling to/from all across the country and bringing the virus home with them.  Still, it was hard to find a liberal or a dem in leadership who spoke in favor of common sense, and in reality encouraged the behavior and the spread.  

So, while huddled in bunkers of their own choosing, supporting shut downs and lockdowns for the masses, they watched in blissful ignorance as the virus spread. 

I will distill your post down to three words which I used recently

Masters of Hypocrisy.  

EDIT:  And before someone comes back with some whataboutsims we're all hypocrites at some level.   That's why I used the words Masters Of......

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

They blatantly encouraged it out in the open.  These people are NEVER to be taken seriously again.

https://time.com/5848212/doctors-supporting-protests/

Positions like Boyd’s, which are widely shared in the medical community, may strike some people as hypocritical. Why, in the middle of a pandemic, after months of telling people to stay indoors to stop the spread of COVID-19, are doctors encouraging thousands of people to gather?

The answer, for many in health care, is simple: Racism is a public-health issue that long predates coronavirus. Without action, they say, it will postdate it, too.

• Awesome! (+1) 1