The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

Just now, Tiberius said:

Failed? Wasn’t Jeffery Clarke’s home raised by FBI yesterday? 

No, they succeeded in showing Trump tried to have a coup 

And you don’t care. You hate the government. 

Something I've noticed is that some people only see things through the lens of winning or losing, not principles.

You see that with people claiming the Jan 6th committee is a plot to influence the midterms, which would be very dumb because the midterms are too far away. If that was the actual plan, they would have started in September and ran through October.

There's obviously value in creating a historical record of what led to the events on Jan 6th and what happened that day, regardless of whether or not it helps a particular party. But to believe that, you need to value things beyond your side winning.

So when you see posts about the committee failing, or not moving the needle for the election, I think it's just because those people cannot see a reason for action other than personal  or political gain. Who is winning the horse race? That's all that matters to them. If the GOP is still expected to win in the midterms, it must mean the committee is meaningless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Something I've noticed is that some people only see things through the lens of winning or losing, not principles.

You see that with people claiming the Jan 6th committee is a plot to influence the midterms, which would be very dumb because the midterms are too far away. If that was the actual plan, they would have started in September and ran through October.

There's obviously value in creating a historical record of what led to the events on Jan 6th and what happened that day, regardless of whether or not it helps a particular party. But to believe that, you need to value things beyond your side winning.

So when you see posts about the committee failing, or not moving the needle for the election, I think it's just because those people cannot see a reason for action other than personal  or political gain. Who is winning the horse race? That's all that matters to them. If the GOP is still expected to win in the midterms, it must mean the committee is meaningless.

There’s literally nothing that Nancy Pelosi does that isn’t 100% purely political. Nothing. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I am a bit surprised it’s not someone higher up like Pat Cipollone given the urgency. But I’ve also seen reporting that she was facing credible threats so they wanted to lock her testimony in now. 

• Like (+1) 1

And the envelope please. . .

The mystery witness is “Cassidy Hutchinson, an aide to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows”:

Cassidy Hutchinson !

They've got him now !

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

So...I guess the left is admitting that Trump had nothing to do with people breaking into the Capitol.  Well, it was fun while it lasted...

What are you even talking about? Are you high?

We don’t know if Trump or people around him coordinated with the Proud Boys or the other groups. That’s literally what we have an investigation for: to figure things out.

I don’t know if there is a link between them. But I do know that we now have plenty of evidence of Trump himself committing actual crimes. So there’s always that. 

Just now, ChiGoose said:

What are you even talking about? Are you high?

We don’t know if Trump or people around him coordinated with the Proud Boys or the other groups. That’s literally what we have an investigation for: to figure things out.

I don’t know if there is a link between them. But I do know that we now have plenty of evidence of Trump himself committing actual crimes. So there’s always that. 

Sure.  And I'm the one who's high. :lol:

• Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1