Jump to content

Patrick Mahomes foot surgery


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Mahomes has really taken a beating early in his career. Eventually those take their toll, no matter how gifted you are. 

 

Allen has stayed fairly healthy, as QBs go. Let's hope he can continue to protect himself, which he did a very good job of this season. 

 

I kind of thought Allen had a similar history - concussion, AC joint sprain in his non-throwing shoulder, MCL and ankle sprain

To my observation, especially his first 2 years, he took a lot of hard hits where Mahomes fakes people that he's going out of bounds then scampers down the sideline

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is only one solution here: Amputation.  

I don't know why our defense wasn't more aggressive in the AFC championship game.  Maybe they were and it didn't translate into anything.  I don't think we knocked the guy down once.  Didn't Al Davis

Maybe having a week one Bills at Chiefs would be a good thing then. Good chance it would get either SNF or MNF.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:


the defensive gameplan was just all wrong. I suspect they would have done things much differently in hindsight. 

 

which is they are kicking themselves for now?  Defensive gameplan or Offensive gameplan?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Mahomes has really taken a beating early in his career. Eventually those take their toll, no matter how gifted you are. 

 

Allen has stayed fairly healthy, as QBs go. Let's hope he can continue to protect himself, which he did a very good job of this season. 

Huh?

 

Considering we ran the QB sweep and QB sneak a handful of times a game, I feel Allens already been taking a lot of big hits. 

 

Hes a big strong guy but its eventually going to add up if it continues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eball said:

I say this with peace and love, but this is not a good thing for Mahomes and Chefs' fans.  Ask any orthopedic surgeon about foot injuries and he'll give you a concerned look.  It might heal wonderfully, but feet get the least amount of blood flow and injuries can linger.  I know Mahomes has the best surgeon and he's young...but this is a lot different than even repairing a torn ACL.  If you're a professional athlete you really don't want to injure your feet.

If he's getting surgery it's a severe form of Turf toe.(perhaps he fractured one of the sesamoid bones on the plantar surface of his big toe) 

 

But this is a bit of trolling and exaggeration. His mobility may be limited a bit at first but my guess is he'll be more than fine when it's all said and done. 

Edited by ScottLaw
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

His mobility seemed fine. They were just getting pressure on him fast imo. His active dodging people behind the line and getting out passes was actually pretty impressive 

It did not seem fine to me.  If he was healthy he would have made more plays. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

If he's getting surgery it's a severe form of Turf toe.(perhaps he fractured one of the sesamoid bones on the plantar surface of his big toe) 

 

But this is a bit of trolling and exaggeration. His mobility may be limited a bit at first but my guess is he'll be more than fine when it's all said and done. 


Umm, no, it’s neither. Are you an orthopedic surgeon? Do you actually believe I want Mahomes to be hobbled?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:


both. They got totally outcoached in that game. On both sides of the ball. Not sure what’s so controversial about that. 

 

No argument there.  But that being true, it doesn't follow that they would have beaten an even better team in the Bucs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eball said:


Umm, no, it’s neither. Are you an orthopedic surgeon? Do you actually believe I want Mahomes to be hobbled?

Not an orthopedic surgeon. I’m a physical therapist. I’m not sure what you want. 
 

I believe he’ll be have some initial stiffness and lack of overall mobility in the big toe when the season rolls around but he will eventually be more than fine.....you made it seem like he’s going to have issues playing football again and he’ll never be the same player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not an orthopedic surgeon. I’m a physical therapist. I’m not sure what you want. 
 

I believe he’ll be have some initial stiffness and lack of overall mobility in the big toe when the season rolls around but he will eventually be more than fine.....you made it seem like he’s going to have issues playing football again and he’ll never be the same player. 

 

What part of "he has the best surgeon, he's young, and he may heal wonderfully" did you not understand?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eball said:

 

What part of "he has the best surgeon, he's young, and he may heal wonderfully" did you not understand?

The part where you said “This is not good if your Mahomes and a Chiefs fan”. 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

The part where you said “This is not good if your Mahomes and a Chiefs fan”. 😅

 

I'm sorry I didn't post that obviously Mahomes will recover 100% and this is nothing to worry about.  It seems that's what you were looking for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, eball said:

 

I'm sorry I didn't post that obviously Mahomes will recover 100% and this is nothing to worry about.  It seems that's what you were looking for.

Yea.... guess my point was the chances of his career being derailed due to surgery for turf toe is ridiculously low.....it could take up to a year for a full recovery but he’ll still be the Pat Mahomes we are used to seeing even in week 1 of the season, IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea.... guess my point was the chances of his career being derailed due to surgery for turf toe is ridiculously low.....it could take up to a year for a full recovery but he’ll still be the Pat Mahomes we are used to seeing even in week 1 of the season, IMO. 

 

Yes.  And my point was that orthopedic foot injuries are extremely scary for professional athletes -- particularly skill players.  Trust me, nobody in the Chefs' organization is looking at this procedure the same way they'd view a shoulder scope or even an ACL repair.  That doesn't mean it will end badly.  I'd like to see an Allen-Mahomes rivalry for the next 10 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...