Trump Impeachment 2.0

7 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I think of abolitionism, the woman's rights movement, the labor movement, the civil rights and lgbt rights movements, but then I'm a retired leftist techie originally trained in American history.

We hear what we want, right?  Objective listening is something we can all work on I think.  

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Anything AOC says is always heard by Republicans in the "GET OUT" voice that a possessed house uses.  She could come up with the most brilliant idea, and they'd hear SOCIALIZM!  

She does get a lot of undue attention by the right. Not sure I have heard a brilliant idea out of her yet though.

5 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

We hear what we want, right?  Objective listening is something we can all work on I think.  

She does get a lot of undue attention by the right. Not sure I have heard a brilliant idea out of her yet though.

If they think giving her attention is a good plan, they're really stupid.  All the voters on the right already hate her.  Why try to fix something that isn't broken, which just makes her more popular on the left.  

14 minutes ago, daz28 said:

If they think giving her attention is a good plan, they're really stupid.  All the voters on the right already hate her.  Why try to fix something that isn't broken, which just makes her more popular on the left.  

I think that it's more that she's an easy target than anything.  

45 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Anything AOC says is always heard by Republicans in the "GET OUT" voice that a possessed house uses.  She could come up with the most brilliant idea, and they'd hear SOCIALIZM!  

Easy example is the green deal or whatever all it was, was a bunch of goals to work toward to fight climate change. GOP response look at these extreme laws she wants to enact. Completely ignoring that they were things to move toward not actual laws.

5 hours ago, daz28 said:

The only rule that changed is they closed Parler, and now more people are in here grasping at straws.  It's real simple, if you wanted peace, you'd have tried to restore it IMMEDIATELY.  Not to mention he took a constitutional oath to do so.

Immediately.  

But no no.....he wanted a coup....and then called it off.

Worst dictator ever.  Loses elections.  Can't keep power.  We're still distancing for life because Amazon waited for Biden to help distribute the vaccine that may or may not work.  

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Exactly.....but.....re educate Trump voters or something 

So we're all the fools, because they weren't good at insurrection?  Tell me, why did they storm the capital?  Am I allowed to say stormed, or would I be over-reacting?  They went in there, because they wanted to stop Biden from being confirmed president.  Their orange coup-laid guy told them the election was rigged, and they weren't going to let it happen.  That's TEXTBOOK insurrection.  Again, it's no ones but their own fault they sucked at it.  

Also, Trumpster fire was watching with glee as, evidenced by his tweet(and as you will hear during the impeachment trial), and after seeing it didn't go well, he decided after much pressure from sane people to tell them that he loved them, they did a great job, but it's time to go home with the L.  Michael Tracey, you sir are a crackhead.  Nothing to see here folks, just a few casual out of towners wanting to see how a joint session of Congress works.  This guy thinks he's Bill Murray talking to the gopher: I'm just a rabbit, not a plastic explosive or anything.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/21/2021 at 9:20 PM, Big Blitz said:

Immediately.  

But no no.....he wanted a coup....and then called it off.

Worst dictator ever.  Loses elections.  Can't keep power.  We're still distancing for life because Amazon waited for Biden to help distribute the vaccine that may or may not work.  

Trump didn't call anything off. He was hoping the Republican Senators and Pence would go along with the plan. They didn't. He's coup failed like most of his business ventures. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Trump didn't call anything off. He was hoping the Republican Senators and Pence would go along with the plan. They didn't. He's coup failed like most of his business ventures. 

Yep.  Anybody who doubts that Trump intended for that crowd to go to the Capitol and terrorize Pence and the Republican Senators into overturning the election results are lying to themselves because his blatant attempts to bribe, bully, and threaten state officials is part of the public record.  Trump's coup attempt failed because Americans who actually love their country and take their oaths to support and defend the Constitution seriously refused to join in his treason.

16 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Yep.  Anybody who doubts that Trump intended for that crowd to go to the Capitol and terrorize Pence and the Republican Senators into overturning the election results are lying to themselves because his blatant attempts to bribe, bully, and threaten state officials is part of the public record.  Trump's coup attempt failed because Americans who actually love their country and take their oaths to support and defend the Constitution seriously refused to join in his treason.

Don’t forget Trump told the people he was going to March to the Capitol with him. Then he didn’t go.

On 1/13/2021 at 2:00 PM, Big Blitz said:

And Mitch just canceled impeachment but got exactly the headline he wanted.....all the Ds had to do was shut up and let the actual removal from office take place next week.  

Instead, the Ds set what's sure to be a lunacy filled term that already began with Amen and Awoman.....Mitch got this

Thank you all for playing like the children you are...

Screenshot_20210113-135427_Chrome.jpg

I thought Mitch cancelled the impeachment? How come the articles are being transferred to the Senate and trial beginning the week of the 8th?

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Don’t forget Trump told the people he was going to March to the Capitol with him. Then he didn’t go.

I thought Mitch cancelled the impeachment? How come the articles are being transferred to the Senate and trial beginning the week of the 8th?

Because he got Chuckie to agree to not end the Republic by killing the filibuster. 

Then, Mitch will let the Ds make complete fools of themselves by trying to claim Trump led an actual insurrection.  Mitch gets the month plus away from the event for reality to set in that everything is stupid (I've always said Libs make the egregious mistake of thinking that just because you see events happen in real time that opinon is also formed in that moment).  A few Rs will vote to impeach the other 46 will not and life goes on.   

But good luck to you all in your quest to not run against a guy in 2024 that you'd think should easily be beaten.  

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Because he got Chuckie to agree to not end the Republic by killing the filibuster. 

Then, Mitch will let the Ds make complete fools of themselves by trying to claim Trump led an actual insurrection.  Mitch gets the month plus away from the event for reality to set in that everything is stupid (I've always said Libs make the egregious mistake of thinking that just because you see events happen in real time that opinon is also formed in that moment).  A few Rs will vote to impeach the other 46 will not and life goes on.   

But good luck to you all in your quest to not run against a guy in 2024 that you'd think should easily be beaten.  

I wouldn’t mind if he ran in 2024. He’s a twice impeached president who was easily beaten by a super old, not always there, terrible past candidate in Biden.

Dems could run a sh*t sandwich in 2024 and beat Trump easily again.

And Dems said no to the filibuster demands: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/535197-democrats-shoot-down-mcconnells-filibuster-gambit

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I wouldn’t mind if he ran in 2024. He’s a twice impeached president who was easily beaten by a super old, not always there, terrible past candidate in Biden.

And Dems said no to the filibuster demands: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/535197-democrats-shoot-down-mcconnells-filibuster-gambit

Yea I think Big Blitz forgot that Trump got beat by Biden of all people.

He will never be allowed to run for president again though.

Edited by TBBills

39 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Oh for real?*  They shot down a promise to maintain the Republic they fake care about?

Fascinating.  

*If you believe they actually did shoot it down and McConnell surrendered the Senate and the Republic away without an actual deal you're an idiot.  They aren't making it public.  How can we prove it?  Wait 6 months.  If it's still there, they made a deal.  

• Haha (+1) 1