I play my music in the sun

I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I sure dont want to hurt no one

You do know that's a Steve Miller song?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Where does the GOP go from here? I'm not expecting them to get any better at all anytime soon 

I don't pretend to know.  What I do know is that the only Republican presidential candidate to win the popular vote in the last 28 years was George W Bush in 2004 who was the antithesis of Trump and Trumpism.   Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million votes in 2016 and by more than 7 million votes in 2020 despite "energizing" his base.  The problem is that Trump's base is the Wacko Trumpists who espouse an American version of fascism, which alienates not only Democrats and left leaning Independents but also Bush style Republicans.

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Hitler became all powerful because he was elected chancellor of Germany in 1932.  Once he came to power his party leveraged their minority position in the Reichstag to change the constructs of the countries "constitution" and to grant him unlimited political power.  Then the SS and the Gestapo rounded up and murdered, imprisoned, or exiled all political opposition.

So lets fast forward to present day America.  As I said earlier the Democrats want to change the construct of our system by granting statehood to PR and DC and stacking the SCOTUS with "liberal activist" judges.  That would most likely result in one party rule forever.  Perpetual control of all three branches of government and eliminate any and all checks and balances and give one party absolute power at the Federal level.  Like a dictator, like Hitler.  So who is following the NAZI script?  Hint: it's not Trump.  A lot of people need to wake up and realize this comparison is spot on and they're following the dictators playbook to the letter before its too late.    

Excuse me, but the only individual who tried to change "the constructs" of the US Constitution was Donald J Trump who sicced his version of storm troopers on the US Capitol in an attempt to overturn the 2020 election which he lost by more than 7 million votes. It was Trump's mob who wanted to lynch Mike Pence for not doing Trump's bidding and assassinate Nancy Pelosi for being Trump's "enemy".   Trump's treason failed because unlike Trump, the Capitol and Metro police, Secret Service, and other federal staffers took their oaths seriously, and the US Congress refused to be cowed by a bully.

Your "expertise" in recognizing Nazis under every cabbage leaf seems to stem from your allegiance to a self-serving would-be fascist dictator.

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Buddo said:

You do know that's a Steve Miller song?

Well I'll be doggone. I always thought it was a Joe Walsh song.  Thought it was on The Smoker you Drink, The Player You Get album.  

Thanks for straightening me out on this.

Evidently I'm not the only one. I copied the lyrics out of a web site to makes sure I had them right.

https://www.justsomelyrics.com/1676472/joe-walsh-midnight-toker-lyrics.html

A tip of the hat to Steve Miller then.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Where does the GOP go from here? I'm not expecting them to get any better at all anytime soon 

I don't know what the GOP is really. 

Yet with Hitler on the ballot, 24/7/365 Orange Man Bad/Russian Agent/Killed Americans with Covid coverage, and complete control over Silicon Valley and the b.s. that comes up on my Google Searches....for over 3 years........that's your political lay of the land.

Which only begs the question.

How awful is the Democrat Party?

The GOP led endless wars.  Economic crash of 2008 worst since 1929.  Public was told it was all the GOPs fault.  

So Obama ushered in 60 Senate seats and a House majority.  Was supposed to be Republicans to the wilderness for 40 years.....like when FDR won.  

And you screwed that all up.  You enjoyed a whole 2 years.  

I think we know what happened.   

You went full on next level identity politics.  

In sum....you go woke....you go broke.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I don't know what the GOP is really. 

Yet with Hitler on the ballot, 24/7/365 Orange Man Bad/Russian Agent/Killed Americans with Covid coverage, and complete control over Silicon Valley and the b.s. that comes up on my Google Searches....for over 3 years........that's your political lay of the land.

Which only begs the question.

How awful is the Democrat Party?

The GOP led endless wars.  Economic crash of 2008 worst since 1929.  Public was told it was all the GOPs fault.  

So Obama ushered in 60 Senate seats and a House majority.  Was supposed to be Republicans to the wilderness for 40 years.....like when FDR won.  

And you screwed that all up.  You enjoyed a whole 2 years.  

I think we know what happened.   

You went full on next level identity politics.  

In sum....you go woke....you go broke.   

:lol:   :lol:    :lol:  :lol:   :lol:    :lol:  :lol:   :lol:    :lol:  :lol:   :lol:    :lol:  :lol:   :lol:    :lol:  :lol:   :lol:    :lol:  :lol:   :lol:    :lol:  :lol:   :lol:    :lol:  :lol:   :lol:    :lol:  :lol:   :lol:    :lol:  

Nikki Haley criticizes Trump and says he has no future in the GOP

"We need to acknowledge he let us down," she told Politico magazine in an interview published Friday. "He went down a path he shouldn't have, and we shouldn't have followed him, and we shouldn't have listened to him. And we can't let that ever happen again."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics/nikki-haley-donald-trump-gop/index.html

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

McConnell tells Republican senators he will vote to acquit Trump in impeachment trial

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/13/trump-impeachment-trial-nearing-final-vote.html

Looks like 14th amendment could be on the table next

This is hardly surprising.  Turtleman only cares about his power, or getting more.  He's looking to the midterms to regain the majority.  He can't do that without Trumps loony base so he put out some BS to assuage the more moderate Reublicons, but never, ever was he going to vote guilty.

Here's what we know — and what we don't know — about the Senate's vote to call witnesses

The vote was bipartisan: The vote was 55 to 45, with five Republicans joining Democrats in voting to allow witnesses. GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham initially voted no, but changed his vote to yes, meaning he changed his vote to allow witnesses. 

What happens next: There needs to be another vote on a simple majority basis to subpoena specific witnesses, such as Herrera Beutler or anyone else. If they vote to subpoena a witness, then the trial will slow down dramatically. They may need to recess and find a time to depose them. 

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-impeachment-trial-02-13-2021/

• Like (+1) 1

Marjorie Taylor Greene 

@mtgreenee

·

24m

The gift that keeps on giving to the Democrats. First voting to impeach innocent President Trump, then yapping to the press and throwing

@GOPLeader

under the bus, and now a tool as a witness for the Democrats running the circus trial. The Trump loyal 75 million are watching.

Looks like she is trying to intimidate  Rep Herrera Beutler  R  who will be a witness to what Kevin McCarthy said about his call to Trump

3 hours ago, ALF said:

McConnell tells Republican senators he will vote to acquit Trump in impeachment trial

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/13/trump-impeachment-trial-nearing-final-vote.html

Looks like 14th amendment could be on the table next

GOP of today are cowards and hypocryts...plain and simple. DT first acquittal emboldened his post election behavior. Nixon resigned because he knew the GOP back then had the courage to do the right thing and would have convicted him for a far smaller offense.Today’s GOP ....mostly pathetic cucks to a traitor.