Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Got played like a fiddle...

 

oa3pp0s1qhc61.jpg

 

They obviously didn't have enough $$$$ to bribe Trump's fellow grifters to bring their cases to the Grifter In Chief's attention.

 

 

23 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

 

As you 'celebrate' and usher in the TRUE terrorists. At least now you can cozy up and worship MSNBC and watch them spin more and more lies.

 

You are all blind sheep. BOTH sides.

 

 

 

 

 

:lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:    

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope you all ***** pleased with your ***** support of a traitor.   ***** you all. forever.

Law and order party, amirite?

They all should be arrested.    Full stop.     Their actions speak for me about as much as I'm sure Antifas or BLMs actions speak for all Biden voters.     Just don't com

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

 

As you 'celebrate' and usher in the TRUE terrorists. At least now you can cozy up and worship MSNBC and watch them spin more and more lies.

 

You are all blind sheep. BOTH sides.

 

 

 

 

 

When do you move to Saudi Arabia, or North Korea, or whatever country you landed on that holds to your values?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wnyguy said:

New guy? He has been in politics for almost half a century. New guy? He has done nothing in all of that time except line his pockets, his and his family.  He is now just a puppet for the liberal, socialist, left and they will cut his strings soon enough to pave way for their agenda. I almost feel sorry for the "new guy".


I'm sure you were a big fan of the guy that just left office, though? I'm sure HE'D never use the office to line his and his family's pockets! 🙄

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

 It means you brought nothing to the table not a damn thing.

 

I talk about my belief that trickle down economics doesn't work for very foreseeable reasons.

 

You respond saying it's not my money. Which cool one liner bro.:rolleyes:

 

I respond that it is and it's the money of everyone that pays taxes because that's how government works.

 

You respond by saying you won't listen to me because I'm poor despite having no actual knowledge of me.

Trickle down economics? I believe it's understood that tax money should be distributed amongst the population for services rendered for the proportionate good of the whole. The purpose of taxation however is not to play some sort of modern-day Robin Hood.  Is that specific enough for you.  And, yes, if you want to give MORE MONEY than the formulas calculate that you owe, by all means go ahead and do so. Nobody's stopping you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Trickle down economics? I believe it's understood that tax money should be distributed amongst the population for services rendered for the proportionate good of the whole. The purpose of taxation however is not to play some sort of modern-day Robin Hood.  Is that specific enough for you.  And, yes, if you want to give MORE MONEY than the formulas calculate that you owe, by all means go ahead and do so. Nobody's stopping you.

This is all it is, that robin hood crap is just a different way of saying you don't think we should spend more to help people in the lower income group as a way to expand our economy and raise us all up. Another tactic of giving tax relief to people in the upper income group honestly hasn't seemed to of worked that well.

 

1_rss.png

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Trickle down economics? I believe it's understood that tax money should be distributed amongst the population for services rendered for the proportionate good of the whole. The purpose of taxation however is not to play some sort of modern-day Robin Hood.  Is that specific enough for you.  And, yes, if you want to give MORE MONEY than the formulas calculate that you owe, by all means go ahead and do so. Nobody's stopping you.

 

There are no easy answers here. Simply tossing money at issues rarely raises the bar.

 

Tax codes could be more equitable, but just gathering money solves little if the funds are not used strategically.

 

We need better education and infrastructure investment for this country, but better accountability that those investments are managed well and producing the desired results.

 

Our institutions designed to protect those investments need to be purged of their corporate capture, like the insanity of having a coal lobbyist in charge of our EPA, or corporate broadband shill in charge of the FCC.

 

I pay a boat load of taxes where I live and watch the most wasteful mismanagement by well-meaning idiots. It's a bit of a tourist trap area.

 

They recently installed a digital sign to tell folks how fast they are going, but you could drive around for miles and still be looking for a speed limit sign. So you basically just know how fast you are going and no idea whether it is too fast.

 

Well you would, but the battery powering the thing went dead a few weeks ago...and yeah.

 

I am from practical WNY blue-collar stock and I just keep shaking my head as the wasteful stuup is everywhere.

 

 

 

Edited by WideNine
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

GOP congressmen asked for a pardon relating to the coup and were turned down. All people involved in the coup did not get a pardon: https://www.salon.com/2021/01/20/two-gop-congressmen-sought-pardons-for-their-connection-to-capitol-attack-report/

 

Now, why would Gosuch and Biggs seek a presidential pardon unless they had done something significantly illegal?   Baby Trump, Jr and his wife as well as Mo Brooks and Crazy Rudy may all face at least criminal investigations because of their parts in the coup attempt.  Fear of being convicted by the Senate was the only thing that kept Trump from issuing wholesale preemptive pardons to any and all of the domestic terrorists who participated in the January 6 coup attempt.  Once again, Trump demonstrated that he only cares about himself, and everybody else can go hang, including his children.  Even if the Senate doesn't convict Trump, leaving the entire cabal from the Traitor in Chief on down to the lowest and slowest moron who participated in trying to overthrow American democracy open to criminal and civil consequences makes the second impeachment a success. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Warcodered said:

This is all it is, that robin hood crap is just a different way of saying you don't think we should spend more to help people in the lower income group as a way to expand our economy and raise us all up. Another tactic of giving tax relief to people in the upper income group honestly hasn't seemed to of worked that well.

 

1_rss.png

Has there been a study done that showed giving people money has raised them out of poverty in real life? I am all for protecting people and ensuring food, clothes, and shelter and education but this past year pretty well shows if the government gives funds the rich get richer (bezos and Musk) and the poor stay the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Has there been a study done that showed giving people money has raised them out of poverty in real life? I am all for protecting people and ensuring food, clothes, and shelter and education but this past year pretty well shows if the government gives funds the rich get richer (bezos and Musk) and the poor stay the same.

We are given the illusion that America is a fair, level playing field.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

We are given the illusion that America is a fair, level playing field.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.

So you put back into office the guy who has been at the controls for 50 years to change it? 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So you put back into office the guy who has been at the controls for 50 years to change it? 

He has never been president, and a president alone does not wield the power to change wealth inequality by himself.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So you put back into office the guy who has been at the controls for 50 years to change it? 

Well, we do know that Mr. Level Playing Field Trump issued pardons to the following levelers:

- Jared Kushner's dad. One of his minions was starting to talk to investigators so old man Kushner set him up with a hooker to blackmail him

- Steve Bannon. Swindled well-meaning but incredibly gullible people to donate to his private Mexico wall fund, which turned out to be a personal enrichment fund

- One of the parents involved in the Varsity Blues scandal, who paid a guy to make it look like his daughter (woefully unqualified to get into USC) was a top crew athlete, thereby depriving some hardworking and bright kid from getting in and having a chance to get ahead in life.

- The ex-husband of Fox's Judge Jeanine Pirro, who swindled the government by taking $1.2 million in federal tax deductions for clearly personal expenses

- an eye doctor who committed the largest Medicare fraud in history

- a real estate Ponzi scheme operator

 

Now that's the way to make sure the common man gets a fair shake!

  • Like (+1) 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, we do know that Mr. Level Playing Field Trump issued pardons to the following levelers:

- Jared Kushner's dad. One of his minions was starting to talk to investigators so old man Kushner set him up with a hooker to blackmail him

- Steve Bannon. Swindled well-meaning but incredibly gullible people to donate to his private Mexico wall fund, which turned out to be a personal enrichment fund

- One of the parents involved in the Varsity Blues scandal, who paid a guy to make it look like his daughter (woefully unqualified to get into USC) was a top crew athlete, thereby depriving some hardworking and bright kid from getting in and having a chance to get ahead in life.

- The ex-husband of Fox's Judge Jeanine Pirro, who swindled the government by taking $1.2 million in federal tax deductions for clearly personal expenses

- an eye doctor who committed the largest Medicare fraud in history

- a real estate Ponzi scheme operator

 

Now that's the way to make sure the common man gets a fair shake!

Let's not forget Trump and his family were caught swindling charities themselves.  Real cool we live in a country where mega-rich swindlers get to pardon fellow swindlers.  Gawd Bless America!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, we do know that Mr. Level Playing Field Trump issued pardons to the following levelers:

- Jared Kushner's dad. One of his minions was starting to talk to investigators so old man Kushner set him up with a hooker to blackmail him

- Steve Bannon. Swindled well-meaning but incredibly gullible people to donate to his private Mexico wall fund, which turned out to be a personal enrichment fund

- One of the parents involved in the Varsity Blues scandal, who paid a guy to make it look like his daughter (woefully unqualified to get into USC) was a top crew athlete, thereby depriving some hardworking and bright kid from getting in and having a chance to get ahead in life.

- The ex-husband of Fox's Judge Jeanine Pirro, who swindled the government by taking $1.2 million in federal tax deductions for clearly personal expenses

- an eye doctor who committed the largest Medicare fraud in history

- a real estate Ponzi scheme operator

 

Now that's the way to make sure the common man gets a fair shake!

 

 

The bad man is gone. He can't hurt you anymore. As a nation let's focus on healing instead of poking at old wounds. 

 

The in-fighting between us average American citizens is what's wearkening our country. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TSOL said:

 

 

The bad man is gone. He can't hurt you anymore. As a nation let's focus on healing instead of poking at old wounds. 

 

The in-fighting between us average American citizens is what's wearkening our country. 

Lindsay Graham just today is telling everyone he is still the leader of the Republican party, so he's still going to be doing damage.  Also, a wound will never heal, unless you look at it, and give it proper treatment.  It's never a good idea to hope a disease goes away if left alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Has there been a study done that showed giving people money has raised them out of poverty in real life? I am all for protecting people and ensuring food, clothes, and shelter and education but this past year pretty well shows if the government gives funds the rich get richer (bezos and Musk) and the poor stay the same.

I wouldn't just give people money I absolutely think you need to put into programs to increase education, improve health care, and so people don't have to worry about their next meal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...