Uh-oh...Diggs DNP with Oblique injury...Beasley out at practice...McKenzie limited w Ankle(Diggs says "I'm fine" Wednesday)

Big Turk

Thank goodness we are deep at WR.  Any plays off or time off from top 2 or 3 and we can still function.  

Assume diggs will play.  Brown good.  And we can roll out stills if needed. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This was one of the reasons I figured Beasley was done because he would've likely said he's good by now. I got suspended from this message board for saying Beasley is done though so be careful what you say here. Lol. 

I'm happy Diggs came out and said he's good. I figured he was. 

They would IR him if he was done 

Does anyone really believe the colts are spending any time on game planning for a diggs-less bills? Especially when he comes out and says don't believe what you hear and that he's fine?

Mcdermott getting way too cute with this.

Just now, Process said:

Does anyone really believe the colts are spending any time on game planning for a diggs-less bills? Especially when he comes out and says don't believe what you hear and that he's fine?

McDermott going NHL playoff level of hiding injury info...

3 minutes ago, Process said:

They would definitely still prep for Diggs. I wonder, as a defensive minded coach, if he’s going off of his own experience if maybe not knowing for sure which personnel to prepare for is a disadvantage so he’s creating that by making them look at potential packages without Diggs, which there is very little film on. Maybe make them go back to last year 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

no, but let them burn time studying Stills too and speculate what other guys they need to pull film on. Even if It’s one hour of wasted film study, it’s still that. 

16 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Thank goodness we are deep at WR.  Any plays off or time off from top 2 or 3 and we can still function.  

Assume diggs will play.  Brown good.  And we can roll out stills if needed. 

They would IR him if he was done 

NO.

This year in PO you have all the player from your practice squad avialable to play (unlimited elevations).

Even if he is done, the best thing you can do is dont IR him, make him in a week to week or even day to day status and make your rival prepare for a player with unique skills like beasly.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They would definitely still prep for Diggs. I wonder, as a defensive minded coach, if he’s going off of his own experience if maybe not knowing for sure which personnel to prepare for is a disadvantage so he’s creating that by making them look at potential packages without Diggs, which there is very little film on. Maybe make them go back to last year 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

no, but let them burn time studying Stills too and speculate what other guys they need to pull film on. Even if It’s one hour of wasted film study, it’s still that. 

If we’ve learned anything from McD is he gives as little info to the opponent as possible. It may frustrate fans and media but he greatly values any potential competitive advantage. Can’t say I disagree with that strategy. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So I just listened to the presser

John Wawrow asks about Beasley as his lead off question: "Cole Beasley, do you expect him to practice and is there any idea whether he can play on Saturday?"  McDermott says "still not sure, we'll just have to see, and I can tell you the same with Diggs, and we'll see what it is as well". 

Wawrow appears taken aback and says: "Stefon told us he's fine yesterday and don't believe the injury report, is this something of concern?"

McDermott says: "Yeah, you know, Listen (unintelligible) I appreciate where he's coming from.  At the end of the day, I'm always concerned whenever guys are in the training room no matter who it is."

We do know that sometimes our players are so competitive that they want to try to play and contribute even when they're really hindered (John Brown in the KC game, Matt Milano against the Jets and NE).  So the coaches and trainers need to tread a fine line between keeping a player out if he really could contribute vs. making a judgement call when is a hampered John Brown less contributory than activating someone else?

17 minutes ago, Process said:

Maybe playing Beasley in garbage time in a blowout, and diggs in a relatively meaningless week 17 game, wasn't a smart idea?

he injured running alone.

was a bad luck