Bring back A. Lynn for OC!

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills system might be best left as it is

Yeah, that's pretty much the only reason I don't feel any compulsion to bring him back here.

He's not ever going to have the natural chops to manage a game as a head coach, but I'd never be unhappy with him calling my offense.

The folks ragging on him either don't understand those are two separate jobs or have even worse issues with short-term memory than I do.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Yeah, that's pretty much the only reason I don't feel any compulsion to bring him back here.

He's not ever going to have the natural chops to manage a game as a head coach, but I'd never be unhappy with him calling my offense.

The folks ragging on him either don't understand those are two separate jobs or have even worse issues with short-term memory than I do.

The Bills don't have to knee jerk to bring back old personnel (coaches, players, etc) anymore.  Should there be a change at OC, they will have their pick of the litter of candidates.  I could not be less worried, and this isn't to say that they shouldn't interview Lynn -- but it's just that they don't have to, and will almost certainly end up in great shape.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah Herbert had the most successful rookie season EVER by a QB.

Chargers gonna' charge.

But in this case I think it might be more about Tom Telesco getting to HIRE Brian Daboll rather than fire Lynn.    

GM Telesco and Daboll are HS buddies from St. Francis..........I'd be surprised if Daboll went anywhere else..........only issue is that, as you certainly know,  the Chargers ownership may be even worse than 2000's Ralphy.

Lynn did a great job early with that sh*t show organization but being a black HC without a long history of coordinating success he would seem to have very little chance of getting hired outright by an unfamiliar franchise as a HC again.

His best shot to get back to a HC position is to go somewhere that the HC is on his last chance and maybe he can get an interim gig and win a HC job.

LOL!  Still riding that ALynn pony.  He went to a franchise LOADED on both sides of the ball, then got his a$$ handed to him in the playoffs by Belichick in one of the worst showings I’ve ever seen.  His special teams and game management have been among the worst in the league.  I know you still think the 2016 Bills were “on the cusp” and Lynn would have been the perfect choice but it’s time to own up to a horribly bad take.  If ALynn gets another HC job I’ll be very surprised.

11 minutes ago, eball said:

LOL!  Still riding that ALynn pony.  He went to a franchise LOADED on both sides of the ball, then got his a$$ handed to him in the playoffs by Belichick in one of the worst showings I’ve ever seen.  His special teams and game management have been among the worst in the league.  I know you still think the 2016 Bills were “on the cusp” and Lynn would have been the perfect choice but it’s time to own up to a horribly bad take.  If ALynn gets another HC job I’ll be very surprised.

I never banged the drum for the Bills to hire Anthony Lynn as their HC.

Was I greatly disappointed in the Rick Dennison hire and did I want to retain the very successful 2016 offensive playbook they had?    

Yes and that opinion angered you and many others.

McD did the right thing admitting the mistake immediately and firing Dennison after just one woeful season(including the worst QB'd game in NFL history).

Lynn appears to be a Wade Phillips level HC.

Initially inspiring and capable of getting production by adapting his schemes to the personnel like few can.

But the message falls on deaf ears after a while when it's clear that the HC isn't next-level prepared.

His mistakes this year were like a mirror image of bad-Wade.

Some of you loved Wade as a HC.   When things went wrong for Wade they went REAL wrong.    But ultimately he was a hell of an assistant coach and so is Lynn.

6 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

For Christ's sake, no. We don't need to change offensive philosophies with Josh now. If Daboll goes, we promote from within.

Amen, Dorsey next man up. Continue running the basic Daboll system. Maybe eventually Chad Hall? This organization continues to beef up an already ridiculous wr room. Adding Stills & Gentry is great. Sorry Duke but your days are numbered. No way I want Lynn back.