Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I third the notion of wondering why a thread got locked because someone mentioned the topic in the completely unrelated 60+ page game thread.  I don't want to have to wade through literally dozens of pages to discuss a topic you wouldn't even expect to find there.

Yep it's annoying. Kills the conversation pretty quickly, that's for sure

Also, sort of OT: if the Bills were to win, does anyone know if they would play on next Sat or Sun? Like is there a system to that scheduling?

Looking to take a day off work next weekend and unsure which to choose in the event the Bills win

Edited by Tuel Time

2 minutes ago, Tuel Time said:

Also, sort of OT: if the Bills were to win, does anyone know if they would play on next Sat or Sun? Like is there a system to that scheduling?

Looking to take a day off work next weekend and unsure which to choose in the event the Bills win

Honestly, just assume the early Saturday game.  The 1 seeds are going to have the late games.

Hopefully Duke doesn’t drop an easy touchdown this year and cost us a game. I don’t care that Stills doesn’t know the system, he is lightyears ahead of Duke as a player. Hopefully it won’t be another year where we inexplicably try to throw to this loser in a playoff game.

Just now, MWK said:

Hopefully Duke doesn’t drop an easy touchdown this year and cost us a game. I don’t care that Stills doesn’t know the system, he is lightyears ahead of Duke as a player. Hopefully it won’t be another year where we inexplicably try to throw to this loser in a playoff game.

Hopefully Duke doesn't see a single target tomorrow let alone 10 targets.  Preferably he doesnt take a snap until V Formation.

• Like (+1) 1

I understand where you guys are coming from, but on the same token we don't necessarily need a new thread start every time someone has a good point or post they want bring up for discussion in my humble opinion. 

Just now, TheProcess said:

Ughhhh. Very Nathan Peterman-like by trying to run this back. I have no doubt that Duke is a hard worker and a great teammate, but enough already.

Hmm, I assume by how sure you seem in your post that you've been watching his development at practice and you aren't happy with it. How has he been practicing? How has he looked since the rest of us last saw him?

ty

Just now, Figster said:

I understand where you guys are coming from, but on the same token we don't necessarily need a new thread start every time someone has a good point or post they want bring up for discussion in my humble opinion. 

An older NFL star was seemingly given a box next to the owner of the team. We're not allowed a thread to discuss that?

22 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

I like the crew.

Ian is one of the best in the biz and Charles is a really solid analyst.

Does it not bother you that a guy named Ian pronounces his name as "eye-an"?

I can't get over it. I was kinda hoping for Kenny Albert as I associate his voice with the 2015 Blue Jays and that magical series against the Rangers.

Edited by Boxcar

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

How so? Theres no way the colts game plan changes with duke on the active roster or still on the practice squad

I think they want the Colts to think our Wr's are banged up, or maybe beasley isn't playing. Just playing the psychological game 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Could be a smoke screen, but more realistically its a match up thing.  Colts have a stud slot corner that would match up nicely with Beasley not at 100%.  Having an extra big body non-slot receive matching up against otherwise mediocre corners can cause problems.  My guess is Diboll sees a potential matchup he likes and wants to have the big body available.   Or maybe they just want Williams to get a game check for being a good team guy?

Remember just because he is elevated does not mean he is going to be active.

No doubt Diggs goes, Beasley is 50/50.  

Edited by davspo
  • Like (+1) 1

Hmm, I assume by how sure you seem in your post that you've been watching his development at practice and you aren't happy with it. How has he been practicing? How has he looked since the rest of us last saw him?

ty

Thanks, Jeff. But what does this have to do with anything? I said I have no doubt he’s a hard worker and a good teammate. I hope all of our guys can go out and have an Isiah McKenzie 3 TD day, but if Duke is doing anything more than standing on the sidelines or getting a few snaps on special teams, something hasn’t gone right in this game.