How do we support Duke?

JimBob2232

The Williams comments although tasteless is not worth getting even remotely upset.  Let’s not have the skin of a grape.  He’s meant to be in the PS.  Nice guy, but can’t hold a candle to what we have now in Diggs, Brown, Beasely, Davis, and McKenzie.  I can’t believe I’m saying this, but it’s the strength of our team.  

Maybe next year in the draft we get another TE.  I know Smith had a couple of catches between his buffet (my god, I kept thinking about the Fat Bastage clip from how much for the babie), and Knox with some mistakes also made some nice catches.

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Don’t they know that only we can disparage Bills practice squad receivers? And only after they have been weirdly built up as the answer to all our prayers by other TBD posters? The nerve of Griese/Levy!

Surely there could have been a more gentlemanly way to describe the improved WR core.

and no need to call out anyone by name. Kinda uncool to put someone else down. That's just my principles though.

But those guys gotta talk all game long. 

just an oops moment imho 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JimBob2232 said:

Unnecessary shade last night.   Let’s show our love Buffalo.   What can we do?  

Let it go...just color commentary trying to fill the dead air with exaggeration, hyperbole, or just plain bad information.

Duke played hard for us when his number was called. Allen has made an unprecedented leap this year in his accuracy, reading defenses, knowing where all his options are on plays, and results on the field. End of story.

24 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Putrid take.  Do you really think the practice squad players do nothing?  

Nope But ill do what they have to do on PS for the week compared to what the average joe does in the same time period.. This love for Duke is getting old.. he's MAYBE the 5th best WR on our squad... MAYBE

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

Nope But ill do what they have to do on PS for the week compared to what the average joe does in the same time period.. This love for Duke is getting old.. he's MAYBE the 5th best WR on our squad... MAYBE

Fair enough.  If I was skilled I'd also do the job for 84k, but his job involves a lot more than showing up for a few plays a year.  And I'm not one of those guys who's rooted for Duke to be a big part of the offense but I also try to remember that PS players are still in the top-200 or so players at their position in a business where tens of thousands of guys aspire to the same.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Halloween Land said:

Seriously? You want to donate money to him? I was called Satan in middle school, should I set up a GoFund Me page? 

So you're Tom Donahoe's dad then?  How did you start him on babies' blood?

Donahoe is the Son of Satan - Page 5 - The Stadium Wall Archives - Two Bills Drive

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Fair enough.  If I was skilled I'd also do the job for 84k, but his job involves a lot more than showing up for a few plays a year.  And I'm not one of those guys who's rooted for Duke to be a big part of the offense but I also try to remember that PS players are still in the top-200 or so players at their position in a business where tens of thousands of guys aspire to the same.  

that's the thing though. This is the NFL   stands For Not For Long and its a "what are you doing for me now" business. There's a reason why no one else tried picking him off our practice squad.

I get it.. what I am saying sounds harsh to some people... As a fan I wish the best for him in his adventures.. here or else where. As a Fan Rooting for this team? We have 4 Dominant WR better then him and a gadget speed receiver that because what he does might be considered better. I don't want to see him out on the field much cause of the better options we have to throw too.. This doesn't even include our RB's or TE's

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

that's the thing though. This is the NFL   stands For Not For Long and its a "what are you doing for me now" business. There's a reason why no one else tried picking him off our practice squad.

I get it.. what I am saying sounds harsh to some people... As a fan I wish the best for him in his adventures.. here or else where. As a Fan Rooting for this team? We have 4 Dominant WR better then him and a gadget speed receiver that because what he does might be considered better. I don't want to see him out on the field much cause of the better options we have to throw too.. This doesn't even include our RB's or TE's

I think what you're describing is a residue from when we were really bad and almost every position group needed an upgrade, so naturally any 7th rounder or UDFA who made some good plays in training camp was the next big thing.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I think what you're describing is a residue from when we were really bad and almost every position group needed an upgrade, so naturally any 7th rounder of UDFA who made some good plays in training camp was the next big thing.

key word here though. was lol. I think we understand each other lol.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MWK said:

I’m sure Del Reid and the donation dumbass crew will set something brilliant up to make poor Duke feel better about himself. Or maybe donate to something to make Griese feel bad about himself like they did to the Ravens guy. The Oishei donations are great, donating over bad comments like this is stupid. Stop being so sensitive and enjoy our success.

2 hours ago, MWK said:

People need to be careful about joking about this, because Del Reid and the #DonationMafia might just start some stupid thing to make poor misunderstood Duke feel better.

You apparently hold a grudge against this Del Reid person.

No one cares.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

$8200 a piece. Bless you and bless Bills Mafia #bestfansintheworld