Diggs has what others don't

Might Rather

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, I'm Ok with it too.

Remember one of our TEs fighting for yards when surrounded and he literally got picked up in the air by four or five Steelers so he couldn't end the play by going down? And they just held him up and had their way with him till he fumbled? Happened five or ten years ago and I still remember it painfully.

Plenty of times going down is smart. It's not as if he's not excellent at YAC. He is. He's great at it.

Against the Ravens in OT.  One of Fitz' first starts so it was maybe 2010 ish.  They were big underdogs and really deserved the win.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Jlee120419 said:

Shawn Nelson. David was a wr

Yeah, was Shawn.  But David did play TE for at least part of a season with the Bills.

38 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Against the Ravens in OT.  One of Fitz' first starts so it was maybe 2010 ish.  They were big underdogs and really deserved the win.

Yeah, 2010.

5 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

wait until your in your 40’s and you chest day takes 4 days to recover from. Unless you are trying to become a pro athlete I would recommend more reps and light weigh.  Less joint pain when you get older

Off topic but Gotta disagree a bit. I’m in my 40s and just got my pro card. Recovery is directly related to nutrition and sleep. Higher reps/light weight can hurt your joints just as much as lower reps/higher weight if your form isn’t good or exercise selection is not right for your body. Not everyone can or needs to squat/deadlift etc. I do agree that avoiding injury as you get older is key as it takes a lot longer to recover from moderate/serious injuries.

On 12/23/2020 at 10:29 PM, JESSEFEFFER said:

Wherever I read it recently I don't recall, but, Diggs is the only player with 1300+ yds from scrimmage not to have lost a fumble.  When he gives up on a play there are multiple defenders involved, he has gotten the key yardage to be gained and by doing so he protects both himself and the ball.  I am totally ok with it.  He is not pulling a Kyle Orton.

I was just thinking about this i was watching the Bills 1st drive vs Denver and Diggs went out of bounds after the 1st down at about the the the 15 I think but he could've cut inside towards the middle of the field and probably scored. I wonder if this is one of the reasons hes never had more then 6 tds in a season 

9 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I was just thinking about this i was watching the Bills 1st drive vs Denver and Diggs went out of bounds after the 1st down at about the the the 15 I think but he could've cut inside towards the middle of the field and probably scored. I wonder if this is one of the reasons hes never had more then 6 tds in a season 

It would have been hard for him to cut back inside and I think just getting the 1st was the priority.

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

It would have been hard for him to cut back inside and I think just getting the 1st was the priority.

Maybe but I just double checked and he went out at the 9 yard line so I think you're right but I also think if it was DK or Hill they would've found a way to get in 

On 12/24/2020 at 6:16 PM, Doc said:

Yeah, was Shawn.  But David did play TE for at least part of a season with the Bills.

I do not recall him ever playing TE for the bills. People would mistakenly call him a TE or suggest he switch to TE because of his height like we do with every tall player (cough Kumerow cough) but I can’t find anything that says he played the position. 

David Nelson was only like 210-215. Very small for a TE. Him and Marcus Easely used to work out at the gym I went to. 

On 12/23/2020 at 5:20 PM, Warcodered said:

I'm not sure how much of that is on Diggs I think he only ever does that after he's gotten the first down and well away from the endzone. Seems like maybe a team message/plan that if you've got it and are surrounded get down and don't take the big hit we need you down the stretch.

Sliding in that situation also prevents fumbles, which often happen when a receiver takes on tacklers to get an extra yard or two.  Never seen

Diggs give himself up when there were any real YAC to be gained.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/23/2020 at 7:49 PM, Might Rather said:

Cards' Hopkins defends practice habits in rant https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30589237/arizona-cardinals-deandre-hopkins-defends-practice-habits-rant
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

We got the best WR in the NFL and I'm glad we got the right one last spring.

They are different receivers.  Last Spring I would have wanted Hopkins but I think Diggs is the better fit in a lot of ways on this team. 

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I do not recall him ever playing TE for the bills. People would mistakenly call him a TE or suggest he switch to TE because of his height like we do with every tall player (cough Kumerow cough) but I can’t find anything that says he played the position. 

David Nelson was only like 210-215. Very small for a TE. Him and Marcus Easely used to work out at the gym I went to. 

I remember at the time he was moved to TE for a little bit and then I looked at pro-football-reference and in 2011 he was listed as a TE.  But the player was actually Shawn Nelson who fumbled, and he was always a TE.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I remember at the time he was moved to TE for a little bit and then I looked at pro-football-reference and in 2011 he was listed as a TE.  But the player was actually Shawn Nelson who fumbled, and he was always a TE.

I did just find this. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2012/7/19/3169453/david-nelson-tight-end-wr-buffalo-bills

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Good catch.  I still recall that with his height, people were talking about moving him to TE.  And I could have sworn it was he and not Shawn who fumbled.  But whatever.  Glad those days are gone!

• Like (+1) 1