Bills franchise record for points in jeopardy this year and on pace to be broken...

Big Turk

Bills franchise record for points is 458 set back in 1991. Currently Bills have 407 through 14 games and are averaging 29.1, and if they maintain that pace they will end up with 465...

Might depend on if we are resting starters or not in week 17, but this is a historic offense we are seeing and should easily finish no worst than 2nd in franchise history, only needing 22 points over the next 2 games to do that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I'll be interested to see when they start resting guys. My guess is the Dolphins game but they'll be cautious with anyone injured and won't rush them back vs Pats. I agree that the record would be in jeopardy but the urgency might not be there in the last weeks to get them over the top

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

I'll be interested to see when they start resting guys. My guess is the Dolphins game but they'll be cautious with anyone injured and won't rush them back vs Pats. I agree that the record would be in jeopardy but the urgency might not be there in the last weeks to get them over the top

If they are playing for the 2 seed then I don't think they are resting guys. Only if they are locked into a seed going into that game and that seems doubtful based on how things will play out.

Bills would have to lose to NE next week and have Pittsburgh win the next 2 games for week 17 to be meaningless in terms of seeding. I don't see either of them happening. 

The most likely scenario is the Bills play week 17 in a situation where it is win and they get the #2 seed because they will be tied with Pittsburgh heading into the game and a win automatically gives them the 2 seed due to head to head win.

Edited by matter2003

Wow...that is awesome about the offense challenging the team's single-season total for points.

More so, it illustrates how dominant the 1991 Bills team was to score that many points 30 years ago when compared to the rest of the NFL at that time.

This year's team is definitely special. Hope we keep the current trajectory that the Bills of 1989-1995 did; however, admittedly, it will be tougher with today's salary cap rules, free agency flexibility, and the exponential growth in salaries. With that said, this 2020 Bills team very well could be a dangerous #2 seed.

Agree that Bills need to play both games to win and not rest the starters for Week #17 unless the first two seeds are already sown up.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Bills franchise record for points is 458 set back in 1991. Currently Bills have 407 through 14 games and are averaging 29.1, and if they maintain that pace they will end up with 465...

Might depend on if we are resting starters or not in week 17, but this is a historic offense we are seeing and should easily finish no worst than 2nd in franchise history, only needing 22 points over the next 2 games to do that.

Meh.

The NFL record is 606 points in a season set by Denver in 2013.

The forgettable Ravens scored 531 points last year.

Historic in the same way that winning the AFC East was......but not even remotely in a league-wide scope.

1 hour ago, LewPort71 said:

My favorite stat is that Corey does not have enough punts to qualify as an NFL leader in punting.

2 punts in the last two games and each was 60+ yards.

What do you mean? He’s listed as the longest average on NFL.com

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Meh.

The NFL record is 606 points in a season set by Denver in 2013.

The forgettable Ravens scored 531 points last year.

Historic in the same way that winning the AFC East was......but not even remotely in a league-wide scope.

Who said it was? Reading comprehension is needed. I said franchise. Bills team record.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Who said it was? Reading comprehension is needed. I said franchise. Bills team record.

First.......learn to write better.

You literally said  "this is a historic offense we are seeing" which is to imply that is also relative beyond the scope of just the franchise.

It's not.

Forget the Packers or Chiefs...........the Titans are going to easily surpass 458 points this year...........even the friggin' Colts might!

And btw.......if you think you are some kind of team historian........think again!

The highest scoring offense in Bills franchise history were the 1975 Bills who averaged 30 points per game..........which projects out to 480 over 16 games.......not 458.......so the bar is a little higher than you think if you are talking "Bills franchise history".

Edited by BADOLBILZ

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

First.......learn to write better.

You literally said  "this is a historic offense we are seeing" which is to imply that is also relative beyond the scope of just the franchise.

It's not.

Forget the Packers or Chiefs...........the Titans are going to easily surpass 458 points this year...........even the friggin' Colts might!

And btw.......if you think you are some kind of team historian........think again!

The highest scoring offense in Bills franchise history were the 1975 Bills who averaged 30 points per game..........which projects out to 480 over 16 games.......not 458.......so the bar is a little higher than you think if you are talking "Bills franchise history".

come on.... if they played 16....   meh is right.  The fact of the matter is the franchise record is 458 period.  And it would be historic for the franchise to set a record. 

Edited by gordong

2 minutes ago, gordong said:

come on.... if they played 16....   meh is right.  The fact of the matter is the franchise record is 458 period. 

The "franchise" didn't begin in 1978.

You don't like projecting out to 16 games?  

Fine.

Neither the 1991 or 2020 teams reached 420 points thru 14 games.

In fact the 1975 team scored 407 points thru just 13 games.:lol:

If you don't have perspective don't try to "put it in perspective".

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The "franchise" didn't begin in 1978.

You don't like projecting out to 16 games?  

Fine.

Neither the 1991 or 2020 teams reached 420 points thru 14 games.

In fact the 1975 team scored 407 points thru just 13 games.:lol:

If you don't have perspective don't try to "put it in perspective".

The franchise didn’t start in 1978.... you don’t  say really.  

The franchise record for one season is 458 point don’t know why it so hard for you to understand that....  but here a link so maybe you can understand if you are a visual learner...https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/index.htm

my perspective is 458 is the franchise record for points in one season....as indicated by the link provided... there is no if they played 16 games or if that year they played 13 games...   it black and white 458 in 1991.    

9 minutes ago, gordong said:

The franchise didn’t start in 1978....  

Yes that is correct.

In other news the lowly Tampa Bay Bucs scored 458 points last year and current New Orleans 3rd string QB Jameis Winston threw for over 5,000 yards..........1200 more yards than HOF'er Jim Kelly's best season!

Ya' Diggs?

The numbers of today aren't apples to apples comparisons to the 1970's or 1990's.

So if you are going to try to make such a comparison at least have some perspective.

8 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

My favorite stat is that Corey does not have enough punts to qualify as an NFL leader in punting.

2 punts in the last two games and each was 60+ yards.

This is awesome.  Honestly we were similar last year.   Obviously not as good but we had the fewest 3 and outs in league last year.  Dabs knows how to move the chains. 

20 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah, I was looking at it before this last game and thought getting 100 points in 3 games was a long shot. I never expected 48 points in Denver.  

On 12/20/2020 at 2:19 PM, Mango said:

What do you mean? He’s listed as the longest average on NFL.com

You are correct.  The 5 punts in the Pittsburgh game gave Corey enough punts to 

qualify for punting awards  He now has enough.  My statement forgot to consider the

"punt fest"  in the first half of the Pitts game.

Either way I feel good about the Bills kicking game, punting and kicking for points.

Corey and Bass are young talents who I hope have long and successful careers in Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1