House votes to decriminalize marijuana, remove it from Schedule 1

PromoTheRobot

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Of course the Senate will smother this in its crib.

Red states are like 46% for legalization. 
already done in Montana and a neighboring state IIRC

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I'd say DC is your best bet.

thought you had to have a DC address to get seeds 

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Red states are like 46% for legalization. 
already done in Montana and a neighboring state IIRC

thought you had to have a DC address to get seeds 

I thought they can't legally sell but can "give it away" (nudge nudge, hint hint.) Also I thought even in red states it had +50% support?  I know in purple NH it's 61% in favor.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Huge distinction between legalization and decriminalization.  Also big difference between legal for recreational use and legal for medical use.  

This was less about legalizing pot, and more about the failed “war on drugs.”  Interesting that it even made it to a vote in the house, but yes, sure to get shot down in the senate.

Here in Vermont is is legal for recreational and medical use.  Dispensaries are scheduled to open by fall 2021.  The “private market” dealers here in VT, it seems, has gone to a delivery system.  You pay a fee for handling and delivery, but the cannabis is on the house!  😂

You see cars with signs advertising cannabis delivery all over the place.  Nothing the police can do about it here.

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Huge distinction between legalization and decriminalization.  Also big difference between legal for recreational use and legal for medical use.  

This was less about legalizing pot, and more about the failed “war on drugs.”  Interesting that it even made it to a vote in the house, but yes, sure to get shot down in the senate.

Here in Vermont is is legal for recreational and medical use.  Dispensaries are scheduled to open by fall 2021.  The “private market” dealers here in VT, it seems, has gone to a delivery system.  You pay a fee for handling and delivery, but the cannabis is on the house!  😂

You see cars with signs advertising cannabis delivery all over the place.  Nothing the police can do about it here.

And yet New Hampshire stands alone again reefer madness! Our guv gets too much support from law enforcement to risk going against their wishes. Meanwhile Mass opens pot shops right on our border while the state is having a huge Covid-induced deficit.  

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And yet New Hampshire stands alone again reefer madness! Our guv gets too much support from law enforcement to risk going against their wishes. Meanwhile Mass opens pot shops right on our border while the state is having a huge Covid-induced deficit.  

I can’t believe NH hasn’t gone rec legal yet.  Especially with Maine, Mass, & Vermont (I think NJ too?).  Seems like they’re leaving a ***** ton of tax revenue on the table.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

So, .............    

when can I start growing it and how do I get seeds?

I can’t even grow tomatoes! I go to the Farmers Market. I think this might make the Farmers Market far more fun, though! 

27 minutes ago, boater said:

Of course, federal decriminalizing  does mean making fully legal.

Ganja will still be illegal at the Peace Bridge. Sorry pot heads.

Not fully legal, I suspect.  There would likely be limits imposed (e.g., 2 ounces of flower and 4 plants).  This is how most states have done it.  I expect the Feds would do it similarly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.