Friday night lights TX HS player attacks ref.

Beerball

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

I remember some crazy mother ***** that were on the roids in highschool.

The “best” kid on my son’s HS team (LB and RB when needed) was on roids......that apparently he got from his father who was also on roids. It was one of those “all you need is a glance to know” situations. The dad was banned from the campus for getting into nasty and crazy physical altercations with “normal people” at basketball and football games. EVERYBODY knew about it, but the kid got a full ride and chose Virginia Tech. He eventually washed out there, of course. 

In many ways I miss the days of attending youth sports, and in many ways they are terribly depressing. The parents are often more crazy than the kids with their delusions of grandeur.  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Augie said:

In many ways I miss the days of attending youth sports, and in many ways they are terribly depressing. The parents are often more crazy than the kids with their delusions of grandeur.  

My brother used to coach Little League and high-school baseball. He also umpired in leagues in which he wasn't coaching. He told me that the parents are the worst. Also, the school principals who asked him to "bend" the academic requirement rules for student athletes. (My brother was also a teacher.)

Is it any wonder that some of these kids turn out to be entitled brats?

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure if posted yet?  The whole team is kicked out of the playoffs:

https://nypost.com/2020/12/04/edinburg-high-school-booted-from-playoffs-after-emmanuel-duron-attack/amp/

“The district has decided to remove the Edinburg High School football team from the playoffs after an unexpected incident involving a student that occurred during a football game on December 3, 2020,” the Edinburg CISD said in a statement, according to CBS 4 in Texas. “We extend a sincere apology to the referee and his family. On behalf of the Edinburg CISD Board of Trustees and administration, we apologize to the athletes, staff, and our school community...."

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.