Black Monday is coming (UPDATE: is here!).....

GunnerBill

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

I think he'd fire McCarthy if a big name becomes available. I couldn't see Urban Meyer or Jim Harbaugh being a Cowboys coach, but somebody like that. 

McCarthy didn't learn from what went wrong in GB. He's just doing what he's always done. 

I don’t think so.

I think much like Garett - Kellen Moore is the HC in waiting.  That is who will be the next coach - it just depends on when.

On 12/2/2020 at 10:48 AM, dave mcbride said:

I just don't see Doug Pederson going. Not only did he win a SB, he has been in the playoffs three straight seasons. They won a playoff game in 2018 and got screwed last season because of Clowney's kill shot on Wentz (and Wentz played well down the stretch last season). I have to think a good head coach is allowed one down season by any sensible owner. 

Re McCarthy, he has been terrible, but on top of the game day stuff, his hiring of a tired retread for DC speaks of an inability to build a good staff. Nolan has been terrible and looks like a guy just cashing a paycheck now.  

Kinda disagree with the gist of what you are saying here. The Eagles were actually pretty good the last two seasons and this year have suffered a truly crazy number of o-line injuries. Their skill players are bad too, and they've also been decimated by injuries (Ertz, DeSean Jackson, and a hobbled and mostly absent Jeffries). It's such a bad personnel situation that I don't think any coach can fix it. They line can't block and the receivers can't separate.  

I don't know why Eagles GM Howie Roseman gets a pass. Their roster is terrible

4 hours ago, stuvian said:

I don't know why Eagles GM Howie Roseman gets a pass. Their roster is terrible

I don't think it is. I think they have issues at receiver and corner but it is not a terrible roster. Howie Roseman is a guy who prioritises the trenches and the have been obliterated with injuries on the oline to their two starting tackles and their best guard. But they are deep and talented on the Dline, I like their safeties, they have a good oline when healthy, good backs, two good tight ends..... you know what makes a decent roster look awful very quickly? A Quarterback doing the basics badly. The two biggest problems in Philly are injuries and Carson Wentz. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/2/2020 at 1:35 PM, Captain Hindsight said:

I've read people in the NFL are not as high on Bienemy as the media is. I wouldnt be shocked if he didnt get a job

If he doesn't he needs to prove himself elsewhere as an OC to get out of Andy Reid's shadow.  You know Josh Allen and this offense would intrigue the hell out of him if Daboll leaves.

36 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Bienemy is most likely getting a job.  Pederson received his Philly job after following under Reid, and he won a SB.  He also didn’t call plays as their OC.  There will be one of these owners who will want to have a part of the KC tree.

NFL gonna give KC 2 3rd round picks

unlikely anyone from AFC, if anyone at all

Has Richie Kotite put wheels on his walker yet?  That phone might be a ringing!  🤔

For that matter, I wonder if a soon to be unemployed head of a major North American nation ever gave professional football coaching a thought...😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

12 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Pederson, Lynn and Nagy all moved up a group today.

I think Lynn definitely moved into the "on the brink" category. I wouldn't have been totally shocked if it had happened today. He is now a dead man walking IMO unless they run the table the last 4 weeks and even that might not be enough to save him. 

Nagy and Pederson I think remain "in trouble" but Philly still has a playoff shot in that bonkers division (though a rapidly diminishing one). Pederson in particular is walking a tightrope with management in dealing with the Wentz situation. I think there is a bit more sympathy in the building in Chicago for Nagy, but the reality is they have lost 6 straight and they do not have a Quarterback. The GM is almost certain to be out and I don't see them handcuffing a new GM to Nagy. His might be one of those firings though where they want to hire a GM first and then take a view on Nagy. 

On 12/6/2020 at 7:55 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Bienemy is most likely getting a job.  Pederson received his Philly job after following under Reid, and he won a SB.  He also didn’t call plays as their OC.  There will be one of these owners who will want to have a part of the KC tree.

I hope he doesnt come to the Jets, his success is because of Reid, we need to stay away from him

3 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Brady out of Carolina. He adjusted very well when CM was out. We need a fresh, young mind. Someone who knows todays game.

Hmm. I  like Joe Brady. Think 31 years old with one year as an NFL OC it is a big gamble though, especially as his offense is only 20th in the league. Personally I think the Jets need a leader first and foremost rather than chasing an Xs and Os guy. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Hmm. I  like Joe Brady. Think 31 years old with one year as an NFL OC it is a big gamble though, especially as his offense is only 20th in the league. Personally I think the Jets need a leader first and foremost rather than chasing an Xs and Os guy. 

I dont want a retread coach, example=McCarthy

1 minute ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I dont want a retread coach, example=McCarthy

No I wouldn't go the retread route either. Just think they need someone who is going to come in and establish a culture not just someone who is going to draw up nice gameplans.