Eagles HC Pederson on the hot seat with job status

Greg S

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

With all due respect, you sound like Brian Griese.  Wentz is completely shot.  He can’t process what’s in front of him and can’t get the ball to open receivers (yes, there are plenty of those).  The o-line and WRs aren’t great, but they aren’t any worse than what Herbert has to work with, and they are miles better than what Allen had in 2018. If Pederson deserves criticism, it’s for not playing Hurts.

They’re MUCH worse that what Justin Hebert has... Hunter Henry, Mike Williams, Keenan Allen? 

Wentz has primarily been throwing to Greg Ward, Travis Fulgham and Richard Rodgers this year. Miles Sanders has missed time too. Only one of his offensive lineman have played in over 10 games. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

They’re MUCH worse that what Justin Hebert has... Hunter Henry, Mike Williams, Keenan Allen? 

Wentz has primarily been throwing to Greg Ward, Travis Fulgham and Richard Rodgers this year. Miles Sanders has missed time too. Only one of his offensive lineman have played in over 10 games. 

That’s not who they’ve had for much of the season.  Herbert put up 300 yard games throwing to mostly UDFAs.  And the LA online is worse than philly’s.  

36 minutes ago, mannc said:

With all due respect, you sound like Brian Griese.  Wentz is completely shot.  He can’t process what’s in front of him and can’t get the ball to open receivers (yes, there are plenty of those).  The o-line and WRs aren’t great, but they aren’t any worse than what Herbert has to work with, and they are miles better than what Allen had in 2018. If Pederson deserves criticism, it’s for not playing Hurts.

Mind showing me those open receivers?  3 plays, anywhere - youtube clip, screen capture of Gamepass - wherever.

As for the rest, SMH.  Yes, Herbert has a better O-line than the aging injured hulks Wentz sees before him, and much better WR in Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, and Guyton than Fulgham, Rodgers, Jalen Reagor and Greg Ward.  Alshon Jeffrey is legit, but he's hurt and has been out most of the season.  I'll give you Zach Ertz and Goedert over Hunter Henry at TE, but Goedert was out on IR and 2 weeks before he came back Ertz went on IR.

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s not who they’ve had for much of the season.  Herbert put up 300 yard games throwing to mostly UDFAs.  And the LA online is worse than philly’s.  

Keenan Allen has played every game this season. 

Mike Williams has missed one game

Hunter Henry has played every game

These are the top 3 receivers on the Chargers this year.  Look it up.  "throwing to mostly UDFA"  Give. Me. A. Break.

If you can't tell two top receivers and a top TE from UDFA, I don't think we need to delve into your OL evaluation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, mannc said:

Hunter Henry and Keenan Allen have played in all 11 games. Mike Williams 10/11 games. 

Williams averages ~ 6 targets a game.

Allen averages ~ 11 targets a game. 

Henry averages ~ 7 targets per game. 

Herbert averages 40 attempts per game and 60% of them are in the direction of Williams, Allen, Henry. 

Where exactly are you getting your information from? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Hunter Henry and Keenan Allen have played in all 11 games. Mike Williams 10/11 games. 

Williams averages ~ 6 targets a game.

Allen averages ~ 11 targets a game. 
Henry averages ~ 7 targets per game. 

Herbert averages 40 attempts per game and 60% of them are in the direction of Williams, Allen, Henry. 

Where exactly are you getting your information from? 

Put a little more out there - when healthy (5 games) Ekelar collects 6.  Kellen Ballage (he's pretty good) collects 6.  Joshua Kelley, 4th round rookie RB, gets 2 or 3.

Jalen Guyton is the only UDFA I see who's getting significant targets.  He gets about 3 targets/game.

Far cry from "throwing to mostly UDFA"

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Put a little more out there - when healthy (5 games) Ekelar collects 6.  Kellen Ballage (he's pretty good) collects 6.  Joshua Kelley, 4th round rookie RB, gets 2 or 3.

Jalen Guyton is the only UDFA I see who's getting significant targets.  He gets about 3 targets/game.

Wellllll technically Austin Ekeler falls in the UDFA bucket... UDFA in 2017. 😉

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Mind showing me those open receivers?  3 plays, anywhere - youtube clip, screen capture of Gamepass - wherever.

As for the rest, SMH.  Yes, Herbert has a better O-line than the aging injured hulks Wentz sees before him, and much better WR in Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, and Guyton than Fulgham, Rodgers, Jalen Reagor and Greg Ward.  Alshon Jeffrey is legit, but he's hurt and has been out most of the season.  I'll give you Zach Ertz and Goedert over Hunter Henry at TE, but Goedert was out on IR and 2 weeks before he came back Ertz went on IR.

Keenan Allen has played every game this season. 

Mike Williams has missed one game

Hunter Henry has played every game

These are the top 3 receivers on the Chargers this year.  Look it up.  "throwing to mostly UDFA"  Give. Me. A. Break.

If you can't tell two top receivers and a top TE from UDFA, I don't think we need to delve into your OL evaluation.

7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Fair.   I think Wentz has had some hero-ball mentality take hold of him where he won't take the short stuff and move the chains.  And in that second clip, Wentz is hit right after he throws.  But he does clearly overlook two receivers he has time to hit. 

So how common is that, though?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Against Tampa in week 4, Herbert threw TD passes to three different UDFAs.

Edited by mannc

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fair.   I think Wentz has had some hero-ball mentality take hold of him where he won't take the short stuff and move the chains.  And in that second clip, Wentz is hit right after he throws.  But he does clearly overlook two receivers he has time to hit. 

So how common is that, though?

It is easy to remember that Wentz had that MVP season and has been battling through injuries, both to himself and his team, and think that he shouldn’t be shouldering so much of the blame. 

But the dude looks clueless out there. No pocket presence, missing open receivers (this has been an issue all season), just looking lost and defeated out there. 

I'm not sure why Owners/GM's always go after the hot Coordinator......I mean...I understand why....but really as a HC, you need a smart football guy who is a leader of men.  You have to know what you want to do and know how to make that happen.  Too many coordinators don't have that kind of personality or force of will along with the credibility that comes with being a successful coordinator.

In Pederson's case....that magical super bowl came too soon/easy if you can udnerstand what I mean.....I think he might have gotten a little too full of himself and isn't quite sure what do now that there are problems.....the big one being his QB.....and that QB's insane cap number.

As far as the Andy Ried tree.....Matt Nagy had the one good year....with a stud D, and Trubisky playing OK.  He hasn't been able to do much else.....Pederson....won the SB...but struggling now...because QB.

In Nagy's case....the dude was out there publicly saying he wanted to draft Trubisky and they he could coach him up....

If you are looking at Bienemy as HC....I wouldn't really go into an interview and ask him if he can replicate what KC does...I'd ask him if he could lead a staff and a roster...competently....could he manage the personalities AND the clock.

As a Chiefs fan, I wouldn't want to see Bienemy in Houston and especially not in LA if they fire Lynn. I think EB knows what it looks like to have a high end QB and how that can work and how to build a team around that.

If I were a HC candidate....Jobs I would not want.  Detroit - Philly - Chicago.  No QB, and not much hope that you'd get one.  

Zero, with those teams, I would add the Jets and Philly if the coach is fired.  The Jets owners would need to give a lengthy contract to anyone of substance as. They are in a long term rebuild, and Philly is so far over the cap, and Wentz has regressed with an aging team.  It’s why I just don’t see a high end talent who is able to take his pick, would to you’re point Zero, want Houston, or LA.  A head coach is so far ahead when they have a solid QB,and cap space especially next year with. The cap almost assured dropping to $175 mil.

14 hours ago, foreboding said:

They won't fire him, if they do he's probably a HC somewhere else, this year. I think they have a talent problem (maybe QB) and he is not the GM and it wasn't that long ago he was toast of the league.

There's a serious lack of talent on the Eagles, especially on the offense.  They simply haven't drafted very well in the last 5 or 6 years.  For example, Wentz is their only Pro Bowler that they've drafted during that period.   Their OL, once the best in the league, gave a remarkable facsimile of some of the Bills' worst OLs from the Jauron era against the Seahawks. 

I think the FO needs to be held at least if not more responsible for the Eagles failures as Pederson.

• Like (+1) 1