Eagles HC Pederson on the hot seat with job status

Greg S

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, between you and the Baldy's Breakdowns linked above then Kollman (linked above but here), I've changed my view.  It's quite true that the Eagles OL is poor and that Wentz doesn't have the high-quality WR he has had when successful.

But I've seen the point that you and others are also quite correct that Wentz has outlets and open WR short that give him plays he simply isn't taking.  His cast has changed and he's failed to adapt.

It inspired me to make that "what's in your head?" post about Josh because listening to Kollman's breakdown Josh does have some of the same tendencies and I don't want to see him get entrenched in that "push ball down field at all costs" habit.

Wentz reminds me of Josh. Rookie Josh. That is who he is playing like. Josh is about 20 times more advanced at this stage and while he enjoys a bit of hero ball from time to time there is no way he is making these sort of mistakes routinely.

• Like (+1) 3

On 12/2/2020 at 7:19 AM, SoTier said:

There's a serious lack of talent on the Eagles, especially on the offense.  They simply haven't drafted very well in the last 5 or 6 years.  For example, Wentz is their only Pro Bowler that they've drafted during that period.   Their OL, once the best in the league, gave a remarkable facsimile of some of the Bills' worst OLs from the Jauron era against the Seahawks. 

I think the FO needs to be held at least if not more responsible for the Eagles failures as Pederson.

Their offensive line is basically shredded.  They had peters come out of retirement when Dillard got hurt.  Brooks missed the entire season at RG.  Johnsons been banged up all year and now hes done for the year.  Peters missed time.  Seumalo missed half the season at LG.  They legit have only had Kelce start 11 games.  There's talent along the line, they just haven't played.

Buffalo's had a lot of moving parts on the line, but you have to remember how incredibly top heavy Philly is with all those big contracts given out.  The drop off is huge.

I think the front office gave out some contracts that they shouldn't have, and now they're hamstrung cap-wise.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Wanna see the worst 41-yard completion in history?  Carson Wentz should not see the field again this year...

I think I said that yesterday in the shoutbox. It was the easiest touchdown in the world if Wentz just threw the damn ball on time from a proper base and where it needed to be. 

Edited by GunnerBill

On 12/1/2020 at 4:44 PM, foreboding said:

They won't fire him, if they do he's probably a HC somewhere else, this year. I think they have a talent problem (maybe QB) and he is not the GM and it wasn't that long ago he was toast of the league.

Dude won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles.

On 12/1/2020 at 5:01 PM, Buffalo619 said:

Bring the Schwartz back to Buffalo. Fire Leslie. 

Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!