Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 10/27 - 113th place

Big Turk

On 11/24/2020 at 4:53 PM, Big Turk said:

Going to update this thread every week to list Allen's current place and some notables that Allen will be able to pass in the upcoming game.

EDIT: UPDATED post Fin game

Current Place: 122th

With a 250 yard performance will pass:

• Daryle Lamonica - the mad Bomber!! (30 yards)
  • Chris Miller (196 yards)

With a 300 yard performance will pass:

• Nobody

With a 350 yard performance will pass:

• Brian Griese (316 yards)
  • Sam Bradford (350 yards)

With a 400 yard performance will pass:

• Charlie Conerly (364 yards)

With a 450 yard performance will pass:

• Nobody

Players Allen passed last week(320 yards for Allen) - 1 (Tobin Rote)

Key Look Ahead: Allen is a little under 21000 yards from passing Jack Kemp 

Key Look Ahead #2: Allen is about 3000 yards from entering the top 100 all-time for career QB passing yards

This is not updated. He is at 119. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_career.htm

26 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

Ugh...WTF.  PFR updated his stats before they updated these stats...will have to redo. PFR used to be almost instantaneous with their updates now they are taking a day or two.

Edited by Big Turk

• Big Turk changed the title to Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 10/2 - 119th place
On 11/24/2020 at 4:53 PM, Big Turk said:

Going to update this thread every week to list Allen's current place and some notables that Allen will be able to pass in the upcoming game.

EDIT: UPDATED post Fin game

Current Place: 119th

With a 250 yard performance will pass:

• Sam Bradford (5 yards)
  • Charlie Conerly (44 yards)

With a 300 yard performance will pass:

• Nobody

With a 350 yard performance will pass:

• Nobody

With a 400 yard performance will pass:

• Nobody

With a 450 yard performance will pass:

• Nobody

Players Allen passed last week(320 yards for Allen) - 3 (Brian Griese, Chris Miller, Daryle "Mad Bomber" Lamonica)

Key Look Ahead: Allen is a little under 1800 yards from passing Jack Kemp 

Key Look Ahead #2: Allen is about 2700 yards from entering the top 100 all-time for career QB passing yards

November 13th is the day to mark on the calendar. We play the Broncos defense that day and he should move up the list significantly.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

November 13th is the day to mark on the calendar. We play the Broncos defense that day and he should move up the list significantly.

Maybe...he might be sitting by halftime tho 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

• Big Turk changed the title to Allen's assault on the career NFL passing yards list(ongoing thread) UPDATED 10/27 - 113th place

Updated post Bucs game, sorry for the lack of updates the last few weeks again, I will stay on top of it more...been a crazy 3 weeks. Allen passed 3 more QBs this week including Trent Dilfer.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2023 at 10:58 AM, Big Turk said:

Updated post Bucs game, sorry for the lack of updates the last few weeks again, I will stay on top of it more...been a crazy 3 weeks. Allen passed 3 more QBs this week including Trent Dilfer.

Love the work going into the updates for this thread. Also, the promises of more frequent updates two months ago🙃 But seriously, this is a great thread. Where we at Mr and/or Mrs @Big Turk?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, poo said:

Love the work going into the updates for this thread. Also, the promises of more frequent updates two months ago🙃 But seriously, this is a great thread. Where we at Mr and/or Mrs @Big Turk?

@Big Turkwhat @poo said. And he knows cuz he's the sh!t.

Seriously, this thread idea was/is pretty cool. 

Happy holidays and Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 2

Allen is already # 80 ALL TIME with 164 TD Passes. (Mahomes  is #39).
#103 in Passing Yards. Should be #99 after the Charger game.

IN ADDITION, it’s more than that… much, much more!

# 2 in QB Rushing TDs with 49. Cam Newton is #1 with 75.

# 9 in QB Rushing Yards.

#25 in Passing TDs All Time in the Playoffs. (Mahomes is #8).

#27 in Passing Yards. (Mahomes is #10).

Allen is by far the greatest QB Buffalo has ever seen and by virtue of a lengthy career barring serious injury, should be right there with the GOAT at the end.

• Like (+1) 4

On 10/27/2023 at 11:58 PM, Big Turk said:

Holy crow, hadn't seen this before. 

Wow, what a project you've signed up for!! Impressive! I'll follow with interest.

Good stuff!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

# 9 in QB Rushing Yards.

Allen is by far the greatest QB Buffalo has ever seen and by virtue of a lengthy career barring serious injury, should be right there with the GOAT at the end.

Those rushing stats are crazy!

Only 6 seasons into his career, Josh is already ranked 86th in career rushing touchdowns for the regular season…a list that includes ALL PLAYERS and that is (not surprisingly) dominated by running backs.

Pro Football Reference only shows the top 250 career rushing yards leaders for the regular season. The 250th player has 3,833 rushing yards. Our Josh is up to 3,485 yards and counting, so we should see him appear on that list too by next season.

When all is said and done, I believe that Josh is going to go down as the greatest dual-threat QB in NFL history. Maybe Lamar Jackson or Jalen Hurts can disrupt that narrative, but neither has his passing game talent. If Patrick Mahomes ends up as the GOAT, then Josh’s legacy can be augmented by being the GOAT's greatest adversary. Oh yeah, and that whole “first QB to lead the Bills to a championship” legacy too…ugh, too excited to sleep now…

Edited by ComradeKayAdams
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

# 9 in QB Rushing Yards.

Wtf... Mahomes is already #39 all time passing TDs?!

I get that it's more of a passing league now, but with all the countless QBs to play over the many, many decades, I guess I'm surprised anyone would crack the top 40 in 6 seasons as a starter. 

Josh at #2 in QB rushing TDs is awesome though! It's crazy that he actually hasn't had that many rushing yards this season, but already has his most rushing TDs (11) with 3 games to go. Just needs to average 9 TDs for 3 more years & he'll beat Cam's record!

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Wtf... Mahomes is already #39 all time passing TDs?!

I get that it's more of a passing league now, but with all the countless QBs to play over the many, many decades, I guess I'm surprised anyone would crack the top 40 in 6 seasons as a starter. 

Josh at #2 in QB rushing TDs is awesome though! It's crazy that he actually hasn't had that many rushing yards this season, but already has his most rushing TDs (11) with 3 games to go. Just needs to average 9 TDs for 3 more years & he'll beat Cam's record!

It’s astonishing really, how fast and far both will rise- of course, barring seriously injury. At a ‘modest’ 30 Passing TDs/ year for the next decade, Mahomes will be #4 behind only the GOAT, Breese & Peyton at about 527 TDs! Josh will be #6 at about 475 TDs… with the above and Favre ahead of him! 

The GOAT is the limit today, because of the no contact rules for QBs.
Of course, you MUST have God given Matrix like talent! 

BOTH DO! 

They will be filling up the Record books for Canton. We hope for 17- with Roman Numerals. 

I use Pro Football Reference as my go to site. It has virtually everything you would want for Career and individual year. For the QB Rushing TDs- an essential part of Allen’s game, you need to dial up something more specific.

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

Those rushing stats are crazy!

Only 6 seasons into his career, Josh is already ranked 86th in career rushing touchdowns for the regular season…a list that includes ALL PLAYERS and that is (not surprisingly) dominated by running backs.

Pro Football Reference only shows the top 250 career rushing yards leaders for the regular season. The 250th player has 3,833 rushing yards. Our Josh is up to 3,485 yards and counting, so we should see him appear on that list too by next season.

When all is said and done, I believe that Josh is going to go down as the greatest dual-threat QB in NFL history. Maybe Lamar Jackson or Jalen Hurts can disrupt that narrative, but neither has his passing game talent. If Patrick Mahomes ends up as the GOAT, then Josh’s legacy can be augmented by being the GOAT's greatest adversary. Oh yeah, and that whole “first QB to lead the Bills to a championship” legacy too…ugh, too excited to sleep now…

No ***** way Kermit ends up GOAT...not with Josh Allen breathing:wub:

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

# 9 in QB Rushing Yards.

Thanks for stepping in and keeping this alive.  J Allen is #103 now in passing yards, which should be your lead (since the OP is about passing yards). 

Today Josh can reasonably make a claim for spot 100!  Needs a little over 200 yards to pass Danny White, J Winston, and Carson Wentz (who both were on teams on Thursday).  

53 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

It’s astonishing really, how fast and far both will rise- of course, barring seriously injury. At a ‘modest’ 30 Passing TDs/ year for the next decade, Mahomes will be #4 behind only the GOAT, Breese & Peyton at about 527 TDs! Josh will be #6 at about 475 TDs… with the above and Favre ahead of him! 

The GOAT is the limit today, because of the no contact rules for QBs.
Of course, you MUST have God given Matrix like talent! 

BOTH DO! 

They will be filling up the Record books for Canton. We hope for 17- with Roman Numerals. 

I use Pro Football Reference as my go to site. It has virtually everything you would want for Career and individual year. For the QB Rushing TDs- an essential part of Allen’s game, you need to dial up something more specific.

I think the bigger thing will be Josh finishes at least top 3 in total touchdowns. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.