Bring me up to speed....Wha Happened?

TH3

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He knew it was really bad, and then down played it to the public. You know that, right? 

And of course the right thing to do is to go running to the microphone screaming "we're all going to die"?

No, instead he got the correct people together and immediately took actions to make masks, ventilators, hospitals....and a vaccine! 

Please tell me you're not or never will be an airplane pilot. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

And there we have it.  Another well placed and perfectly timed Hitler reference.  Well done.  Very creative. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry about going to the extreme....but it is hard to find appropriately strong enough comparison. Did not want to understate.

How about Chavez vs Pol Pot. 

Point is, Cuomo actions have nothing to do with how trump has governed. Coming up to Jan 6....question is...do YOU stand with trump or the country. Trump has no respect for the USA or the citizens.

11 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Sorry about going to the extreme....but it is hard to find appropriately strong enough comparison. Did not want to understate.

How about Chavez vs Pol Pot. 

Point is, Cuomo actions have nothing to do with how trump has governed. Coming up to Jan 6....question is...do YOU stand with trump or the country. Trump has no respect for the USA or the citizens

It never gets old does it? Get over yourself and the hyperbole. I can never figure out what touched off people like you so much.  We had no wars for the last four years and we had a really great economy (some would say we still do) until we had to focus our efforts on a biological enemy of a new kind. You do know we're moving on to good old Joe Biden....right? This oughta be rich. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

19 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And of course the right thing to do is to go running to the microphone screaming "we're all going to die"?

No, instead he got the correct people together and immediately took actions to make masks, ventilators, hospitals....and a vaccine! 

Please tell me you're not or never will be an airplane pilot. 

So there is no middle ground just either everything is fine it's just a hoax go about your day or the end is nigh.

Apparently there is never a situation where pilots flying through heavy turbulence have to tell people things will be okay but they should stay in their ***** seats.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So there is no everything is fine it's just a hoax go about your day and the end is nigh.

Apparently there is never a situation where pilots flying through heavy turbulence have to tell people things will be okay but they should stay in their ***** seats.

Let’s not rewrite history here. The President held DAILY briefings on the virus and the federal response to it for MONTHS! Those briefings included his entire task force of scientists. His message was clear. He told the country to listen to the advise of your individual state leaders while the federal government took on the role of supply chain manufacturing, replenishment and vaccine research/development. That’s a long way from your CNN spun version.

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It never gets old does it? Get over yourself and the hyperbole. I can never figure out what touched off people like you so much.  We had no wars for the last four years and we had a really great economy (some would say we still do) until we had to focus our efforts on a biological enemy of a new kind. You do know we're moving on to good old Joe Biden....right? This oughta be rich. 

I am not a fan of Joe, but he is far and away the lessor of two evils.

Disgusting when a country of 380,000,000 can only find these 2 guys.

But seriously, trump, "the liar", untrustworthy to his core, no respect for any person, institution or friend and switches friends to create his own wild theories at the drop of a hat.

The ONLY two people he has not turned on thus far 1, Rudy G, and 2 Vlady P.

By the way, what touched me off is simple. The world is far to dangerous a place with Putin in charge, with CCP, running lose and the US without any strength. The strength of the US is its focus (now lost) and it's alliances (now broken). You say he makes NATO countries pay more. I say the US stayed in Europe with troops after 1945 to protect its self by controlling the spread of anti democracy so NA was not isolated. Nobody told the US to be in Germany in 2020 with bases, or create Korean war, of jump into Vietnam after France, or expand into Laos or Cambodia. Nobody made US defend Saudi Arabia except US oil companies. 

Trump is no savior, he is the puppet of the Super rich you never heard of and Putin.

Btw, I despise Pelosi, Cortez, Cruz equally.

7 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I am not a fan of Joe, but he is far and away the lessor of two evils.

Disgusting when a country of 380,000,000 can only find these 2 guys.

But seriously, trump, "the liar", untrustworthy to his core, no respect for any person, institution or friend and switches friends to create his own wild theories at the drop of a hat.

The ONLY two people he has not turned on thus far 1, Rudy G, and 2 Vlady P.

By the way, what touched me off is simple. The world is far to dangerous a place with Putin in charge, with CCP, running lose and the US without any strength. The strength of the US is its focus (now lost) and it's alliances (now broken). You say he makes NATO countries pay more. I say the US stayed in Europe with troops after 1945 to protect its self by controlling the spread of anti democracy so NA was not isolated. Nobody told the US to be in Germany in 2020 with bases, or create Korean war, of jump into Vietnam after France, or expand into Laos or Cambodia. Nobody made US defend Saudi Arabia except US oil companies. 

Trump is no savior, he is the puppet of the Super rich you never heard of and Putin.

Btw, I despise Pelosi, Cortez, Cruz equally.

Thanks Niagara

At least now I have a bit better idea of where you’re coming from, even if I don’t agree with much of what you said. (Except the Pelosi, AOC and Cruz part! We agree there.) With that said, I can’t see how reinserting Biden (or any other DC career hack) into the equation makes a single thing better, anywhere in the world though.

16 hours ago, Tiberius said:

He knew it was really bad, and then down played it to the public. You know that, right? 

I watched like every one else and really didn't know what exactly the truth of the matter at that time none of us did but haters placed blame any & all ways.

I believe he did what you and a lot of others are saying (down playing the virus) as to not invoke shear panic across the country i'm guessing and as i stated previously he honestly believed that given the best country along with the people of that country and it health care professionals we could defeat it quickly .

Most all disease such as the ebola thing a few years back shoot even if you go back to the AIDS scare as huge as that was the American health community found a way to get it under control sure it took time but they did it so given our American health reaction history in that respect to our past then why would a Pres. want to invoke possible hysteria if it would be a further detriment .

Hell every body freaked at first and the hoarders went out and you couldn't find toilet paper, cleaning supplies and other every day items (because ALL previous Presidents allowed most manufacturing to go to China) and most is still there so we as a country to stay independent are screwed we are at China's mercy if they would decide to put the total screws to us . That's NWO crap .

But the W.H.O and China has down played their negligence with other life long politicians (for what ever reason) and if the truth be told i IMHO totally 100% if allowed a independent investigation i believe that the virus was no accident and if any one person 1) believe a life long politician is telling the truth your a fool but if you believe anything that comes from the Chinese gov't about how the virus got out your more than a fool your just plain ignorant .

The Chinese gov't have killed their own people for hundreds of years that if they didn't comply with Chinese gov't rules and now have killed hundreds of thousands more around the world due to what's happening (but in the US that was Trumps fault) now but nothing can be done because they hold us hostage in usable goods and if there could be independent investigations again which there will never be and the truth came out it could be a WW3 type offense .

If anything comes from this entire virus thing it should show all Americans how every day usable goods and the manufacturing of those goods along with medical and health goods manufacturing should be brought back here as to not be at the mercy of any other country . I believe the US should be able to take care of Us first then once we (our country and it's people) are taken care of first and fore most then help the others .

Hell if we weren't paying out all this freaking money to all these other countries we could have "FREE" health care - SS wouldn't be on the brink of going broke or a lot of other things but because of all that goes to NATO and every other tom , dick & harry that comes with their hand out we can't take care of our own first and the USA, it's people should be the top priority for any & all Presidents ! JMHO 

16 minutes ago, T master said:

I believe he did what you and a lot of others are saying (down playing the virus) as to not invoke shear panic across the country 

As you admit below, down playing the virus did invoke, panic though. It also opened up avenues for conspiracies to flourish.

16 minutes ago, T master said:

Hell every body freaked at first and the hoarders went out and you couldn't find toilet paper, cleaning supplies and other every day items

Probably should have been honest from day 1

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

As you admit below, down playing the virus did invoke, panic though. It also opened up avenues for conspiracies to flourish.

Probably should have been honest from day 1

Maybe he should have been more forth coming i can see where that could be a good thing but i'll take his positive out look over invoking panic and take his action as i believe it was given rather than interject biased thought into his thought process and think it was total incompetence like some that's just me . Glass half full !!

Plus that is a hard act to juggle and given recent US presidential history gov't transparency hasn't been a priority for a really long time which is for another rant !!

I think too if any regular every day American citizen were able to be with the Pres. and first hand here all of the information that he has to decipher in just 1 normal given day let alone what he was hearing during the beginning of this pandemic any one would be over whelmed 😰 talk about crazy !!

I would bet no one person could make the "perfect determination" of exactly how to handle what was going on sure hind sight is 20/20 and given the hate there is for the Pres. there is no way he could have done any thing to make the haters happy let alone every one with any decision he makes  ! 

Look at it this way...he tried to keep panic from ensuing and we STILL ran out of toilet paper all across America! Can you imagine what would have happened had he told everyone we were going into a ‘forever’ lockdown? It’d have been a real mess. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Look at it this way...he tried to keep panic from ensuing and we STILL ran out of toilet paper all across America! Can you imagine what would have happened had he told everyone we were going into a ‘forever’ lockdown? It’d have been a real mess. 

It was a mess with people dieing while the president lied to everyone and did not even believe in the virus.

2 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Must be talking about Cuomo again.

You think Trump cares about who dies? 

I really wish you guys could just go away with Trump to some country and he could be your dictator. I'd love that. He'd enjoy being your ruler and you guys would love him. Then he'd probably just steal everything you have and it would be funny 

• Like (+1) 2

Great leaders create an "atmosphere"  around a subject or a cause.  The fact that we are all still fighting about this pandemic 10 months out should tell you all you need to know about how it was "handled" at the top.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks Niagara

At least now I have a bit better idea of where you’re coming from, even if I don’t agree with much of what you said. (Except the Pelosi, AOC and Cruz part! We agree there.) With that said, I can’t see how reinserting Biden (or any other DC career hack) into the equation makes a single thing better, anywhere in the world though.

The abuse of power, the disrespect of your national agencies, and the attempted coup that is going to occur on Jan 6 are reasons to put trump at the very bottom of my list to run anything. 

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And, the reality is that there has been no rhyme or reason to lockdowns beyond the consistency of inconsistency.

As near as I can tell, according to some here, DJTs statement should have been something like this:

We're entering an unprecedented time in American history, where a novel virus has arrived at our nation's doorstep.  For some, especially those with underlying health issues and the elderly, the virus will be devastating.  For many of us, the virus will make you sick but you'll recover, and for the vast majority the impact will be negligible.  In order to protect the most vulnerable, tens of thousands of our citizens must be willing to sacrifice their freedom and their livelihood.  Businesses will fail by the scores.  Many of you without a safety net will be cast into a pit of despair, but rest assured it will be for the greater good. 

Along the way, many will thrive.  Big Box retailers like Home Depot and Lowes will enjoy unprecedented prosperity as despite the pandemic, it is vitally important that Americans be able to buy their petunias in the spring.   Amazon will thrive.  The list of winners will include workers in the public sector asked to sacrifice by doing less than ever before at salaries guaranteed by decree; without a hint or irony I suggest the losers will include the millions of citizens mandated by law to contribute what little money they will have left to "Government first" under threat of seizure of property.  Rest assured that your suffering will be appreciated, though not alleviated in the form of suspension of tax obligations or a temporary suspension of penalties for those who need just a bit more time.  Please understand...the Government must be fed, and the beast must thrive.  

Along the way, mistakes will be made.  We will find that the leaders of many of our States were woefully--some will say criminally--unprepared for this pandemic.  Our elderly and those most at risk will die in large numbers.  Severe restrictions that limit freedom will need to be enforced under threat of imprisonment and massive civil penalty.  We will hear that small family gatherings, and gatherings at your house of worship must be eliminated, but that gatherings at strip clubs and liquor stores  must not.  We will be witness to great hypocrisy as those that follow the guidelines watch as elected officials and leaders in medical field do not.  

We will be told by some that gatherings in the tens of thousands are miraculously/probably/maybe immune to the virus,  but a Thanksgiving gathering with 3 people from 4 different addresses will likely kill someone you love.  

This virus will test our will, test our strength and test our belief in our elected leaders. Our faith in media will be shaken, our economy destroyed and people will suffer and die by the scores due to depression, suicide, and overdose.  Through it all, just remember these words "If you question anything, you'll be branded a heretic.".  

God Bless you all, and may God Bless what is left of America in 2021.

1 hour ago, LDD said:

Great leaders create an "atmosphere"  around a subject or a cause.  The fact that we are all still fighting about this pandemic 10 months out should tell you all you need to know about how it was "handled" at the top.  

Hahahahaha! You really have to be kidding me! 

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

It was a mess with people dieing while the president lied to everyone and did not even believe in the virus.

So, the President who shut down travel from the largest nation on earth, and then a couple weeks later from our closest allies in Europe didn't believe in the virus?  Really?  You can't have it both ways. Your position doesn't work.  If he lied to everyone, then he must have actually believed in the virus....but that sort of logic might be too complicated for your over-enraged intellect to work through. 

Hahahahaha! You really have to be kidding me! 

HAHAHAHA!!!!.    

No, not kidding. 

Pick a topic of national importance that was "handled correctly"  and you'll see that there was a concerted effort by the leadership in charge at the time (dems, repubs, military, local, whatever) to create a specific atmosphere around the handling of the crisis and that it was consistent from the beginning and lasted throughout the duration.  When you are the leader of a nation as large, powerful and great as the United States you must be consistent in your messaging and actions.  This is one of Donald Trump's greatest failures.  He is highly inconsistent with his messaging and actions.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LDD said:

HAHAHAHA!!!!.    

No, not kidding. 

Pick a topic of national importance that was "handled correctly"  and you'll see that there was a concerted effort by the leadership in charge at the time (dems, repubs, military, local, whatever) to create a specific atmosphere around the handling of the crisis and that it was consistent from the beginning and lasted throughout the duration.  When you are the leader of a nation as large, powerful and great as the United States you must be consistent in your messaging and actions.  This is one of Donald Trump's greatest failures.  He is highly inconsistent with his messaging and actions.  

FYI You are talking to the dweeb who said Covid would be over the day after the election. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So, the President who shut down travel from the largest nation on earth, and then a couple weeks later from our closest allies in Europe didn't believe in the virus?  Really?  You can't have it both ways. Your position doesn't work.  If he lied to everyone, then he must have actually believed in the virus....but that sort of logic might be too complicated for your over-enraged intellect to work through. 

totally under control

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LDD said:

HAHAHAHA!!!!.    

No, not kidding. 

Messaging isn't even close to the list of this guy's greatest failures.  Fighting a 100-year pandemic with magic, Lysol, and aspirational repetition tops the list.  And there's plenty more after that before we get even close to messaging. 

10 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

FYI You are talking to the dweeb who said Covid would be over the day after the election. 

This is what most of those morons said. I heard it from my father in law, too.

"Watch, everything will start opening back up on November 4th!"

People are stupid... and fickle in smaller opinions that directly impact larger opinions. It's that simple.

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is what most of those morons said. I heard it from my father in law, too.

"Watch, everything will start opening back up on November 4th!"

People are stupid... and fickle in smaller opinions that directly impact larger opinions. It's that simple.

So let me get this straight. ‘You guys’ control the states where your guys are continuing these worthless lockdowns and restrictions and I’m the moron.... right! President Trump marshaled the forces to provide those states with masks, PPE, hospitals, ventilators, toilet paper and now vaccines, and he’s the incompetent one....right? Your people have done NOTHING but yell (unopposed mind you) for hand washing, social distancing and mask wearing for almost a year, and they’re the ‘leaders’....classic! Truly classic. Brilliant plan. 

8 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Messaging isn't even close to the list of this guy's greatest failures.  Fighting a 100-year pandemic with magic, Lysol, and aspirational repetition tops the list.  And there's plenty more after that before we get even close to messaging. 

For sure, my point is that it was particularly important for this specific crisis because of the importance of masking and distancing, which was only going to be effectively achieved for portions of the population with strong messaging from the top.  It was an abject failure, especially in rural areas where Trump is popular, masks are not, and the effect of covid is great.  

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So let me get this straight. ‘You guys’ control the states where your guys are continuing these worthless lockdowns and restrictions and I’m the moron.... right! President Trump marshaled the forces to provide those states with masks, PPE, hospitals, ventilators, toilet paper and now vaccines, and he’s the incompetent one....right? Your people have done NOTHING but yell (unopposed mind you) for hand washing, social distancing and mask wearing for almost a year, and they’re the ‘leaders’....classic! Truly classic. Brilliant plan. 

Nobody is without sin in this whole thing.  But calling Trump an effective leader . . . wow.  Bungled COVID.  MIA when Russia hacks our military-industrial complex.  I'm curious why he's fighting so hard (and lying so much) to keep a job that he doesn't actually, you know, do. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Nobody is without sin in this whole thing.  But calling Trump an effective leader . . . wow.  Bungled COVID.  MIA when Russia hacks our military-industrial complex.  I'm curious why he's fighting so hard (and lying so much) to keep a job that he doesn't actually, you know, do. 

Trump didn’t bungle Covid. He told everyone to listen to their Governors. While he didn’t agree with many of their approaches to the health crisis, he still didn’t intercede. He let them impose their own restrictions and got them supplies when they asked for them. If he had been more heavy handed you’d have screamed he was a DICTATOR! That dog doesn’t hunt anymore. Tick, tick, tick.. your guy is in charge in two weeks! 

• Haha (+1) 1

While he didn’t agree with many of their approaches to the health crisis, he still didn’t intercede. 

LIBERATE!': Trump goads Michigan, other states to lift virus restrictions

https://abc7chicago.com/michigan-governor-gretchen-whitmer-kidnapping-plot-militia/8079861/

CHICAGO (WLS) -- There is new and disturbing information in the alleged militia plot against the governor of Michigan.

The 14 men charged had far more violent plans than just a kidnapping, according to federal and state authorities.

New filings claim there was a Plan B the militiamen had drawn up, that involved a takeover of the Michigan capitol building by 200 combatants who would stage a week-long series of televised executions of public officials.

And, according to government documents now on file in lower Michigan court, there was also a Plan C -- burning down the state house, leaving no survivors.

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA
  • Like (+1) 1

Trump didn’t bungle Covid. He told everyone to listen to their Governors. While he didn’t agree with many of their approaches to the health crisis, he still didn’t intercede. He let them impose their own restrictions and got them supplies when they asked for them. If he had been more heavy handed you’d have screamed he was a DICTATOR! That dog doesn’t hunt anymore. Tick, tick, tick.. your guy is in charge in two weeks! 

Hoax.  I wouldn't have screamed dictator.  I would have commended him for relying on scientists, not on magic and bleach.  He belittled those who wore masks.  He didn't invoke the DPA until, what, August?  And now he's MIA as more people die in America each day from COVID than died on September 11 as a result of the terrorist attacks in New York City.  

30 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  I wouldn't have screamed dictator.  I would have commended him for relying on scientists, not on magic and bleach.  He belittled those who wore masks.  He didn't invoke the DPA until, what, August?  And now he's MIA as more people die in America each day from COVID than died on September 11 as a result of the terrorist attacks in New York City.  

Tick, tick, tick.....every 2021 death is on Uncle Joe.

27 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Now he is changing his prediction again b.c he was wrong...

Wrong...I am not an expert in infectious diseases nor did I ever claim to be.  My issue all along has been how the virus was being covered by the Media.  Now, as for that, I'll be interested to see if I'll be proven wrong after the inauguration. Just this morning I saw a story of still more gloom and doom with viral mutations. We'll all have to see if the 'spin' changes once Biden takes control.  It'll be interesting for sure to see if the Media is more addicted to clicks than they are to being a Public Relations arm of the DNC.  I guess we're all going to find out together.  Tick, tick, tick.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Edited by SoCal Deek

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Tick, tick, tick.....every 2021 death is on Uncle Joe.

No it's not.  Even if you were to put all the culpability on him when he takes office, that's 20 days into the year.

By then there might be another 50,000 people dead.

This has been an absolute dereliction of duty by the idiot who is currently our President.

in 2021 we aren't losing 350,000 Americans to Covid-19 and the economy will at least slowly start coming back.  2020 was a difficult year, but the perfect opportunity for Donald Trump to assert himself in just a single year as one of the best Presidents in our history.

He failed miserably.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wrong...I am not an expert in infectious diseases nor did I ever claim to be.  My issue all along has been how the virus was being covered by the Media.  Now, as for that, I'll be interested to see if I'll be proven wrong after the inauguration. Just this morning I saw a story of still more gloom and doom with viral mutations. We'll all have to see if the 'spin' changes once Biden takes control.  It'll be interesting for sure to see if the Media is more addicted to clicks than they are to being a Public Relations arm of the DNC.  I guess we're all going to find out together.  Tick, tick, tick.

I'll save you the suspense.  Clicks.