Looks like we're shorthanded tomorrow - Covid-19

QB Bills

3 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

This "Carolina Connection" has to stop. It was kinda cool for a while, when it felt like we had some "inside information" on hidden gems on the Panthers. But now it just feels like we've been getting conned by players and their agents, trying for one last contract before the league learns they don't belong anymore.

I love you, McBeane. You're the reason we're knocking on the door right now. But do us all a favor and stop taking calls from Charlotte!

These guys are free agents, for the most part.

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, he’s describing how contract tracing works and it’s not based on being a foot away from someone 

I think he's hoping to get called into Mrs. P's office. "You're banned for a week, now turn around and bend over." 😳

52 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Just laying around, flies buzzing around. This stinks. 

Make them binge watch a season or two of the 'Walking Dead' franchise? 🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don’t know why some are overreacting to these Covid hold outs.  Wallace and Norman have been out for weeks, Marlowe is a back up, and Kroft, ok, but Knox was going to get back in there anyway.  You’d think by some reactions, it was Diggs, Allen, Poyer, and Tre.  In that scenario, ok the sky is falling, but not these guys.

I think any blows to the secondary in this game are just not good as the passing game is how Arizona can beat us. Wallace just as depth is a loss if someone goes down during the game. Plus white tends to struggle against Hopkins,,,,see the playoff game and other prior games as Hopkins has stated he likes matching up against white , and also throw a rookie in there with a Hof Fitzgerald and a hot Murray and this is a set up for us giving up some explosive plays.   Hyde has a gimpy ankle as well.   Murray is amazingly quick , and I have some doubt we will keep him as locked down as Wilson was concerning the run.   Kroft has made some clutch catches , something Knox seems to avoid this year.

Not saying we can’t overcome this if Josh has a great day, but the margin for error is tightened.   Norman has proven thus far to be a huge waste. One decent game out of 9 , posterized by the Titans, and now being possibly lax with his own health / protocol adherence resulting in a net negative for the team. Year is not over but this guy is getting harder to appreciate. 🤔😀. And he sure has made some easy money.  Wish they would just IR or cut bait with him imho. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The only time they will list Norman as a positive this season....

Oooh 🔥🔥

Again, be fair - that fumble.

I will say, I wasn't looking forward to him starting ahead of Wallace if they did that.  In theory he could be better, but in practice he got toasted.

But I can't call it a positive to take out Wallace and Marlowe and Kroft.

9 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Was anyone able to identify how in the world Tyler Kroft was grouped in as a close contact with Josh Norman? 

In a word: No. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oooh 🔥🔥

Again, be fair - that fumble.

I will say, I wasn't looking forward to him starting ahead of Wallace if they did that.  In theory he could be better, but in practice he got toasted.

But I can't call it a positive to take out Wallace and Marlowe and Kroft.

LOL...he's this year's Kelvin Benjamin.

Norman has appeared in 3 games all year--hasn't played in a month.  Now his team contribution is as a superspreader.  

6 million for 1 play.  At least Beane won't have to sweat out this bum's incentive bonuses...

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Norman has appeared in 3 games all year--hasn't played in a month.  Now his team contribution is as a superspreader.  

6 million for 1 play.  At least Beane won't have to sweat out this bum's incentive bonuses...

Except that he signed as a FA, we didn't give picks for him

And we're paying him way less money

But no question, the contribution has not been there

I doubt we'll see a "superspreader" off him, given what he said about testing positive and negative.  I shut up now.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Was anyone able to identify how in the world Tyler Kroft was grouped in as a close contact with Josh Norman? 

He was one of the very few NFL receivers Norman was ever close enough to bother contact tracing...

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yep, what happened with Norman is exactly what Beane thought bringing him in.

#hindsightmakesyousmart

50 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yep, what happened with Norman is exactly what Beane thought bringing him in.

#hindsightmakesyousmart

lol...hindsight?? He was benched.....in WASHINGTON!!!  And then they cut him.  Snd this is after signing him to top money for CB.

yeah, no one could have seen this coming

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

hes a very smart guy no doubt.  

I was pointing out the error in your post.  

Beane thought he was worth the chance of becoming a one year 2a/2b CB and the injuries/covid didn't allow to fully see if it worked or not.

I would bet that in "hindsight" Beane would agree with that.

That's what I was pointing out.  I take no pleasure in that fact so far.  I do hope he can get well and help out some later in the season.

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Beane thought he was worth the chance of becoming a one year 2a/2b CB and the injuries/covid didn't allow to fully see if it worked or not.

I would bet that in "hindsight" Beane would agree with that.

That's what I was pointing out.  I take no pleasure in that fact so far.  I do hope he can get well and help out some later in the season.

The wisdom of this signing was discussed here extensively at the time. Without injury or COVID, his play had deteriorated in DC to the point he was benched week 13 and cut at the end of the season.  Lots of posters guessed he was likely done at that time, so your insistence on calling this prediction as “hindsight” is simply incorrect.  He is the guy Washington gave the boot to.