Voter Fraud Fraud: Postal worker featured by Republicans as evidence of vote tampering admits he made it up; GOP donors gave him $130,000

Richard Hopkins’s claim that a postmaster in Erie, Pa., instructed postal workers to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day was cited by Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) in a letter to the Justice Department calling for a federal investigation. Attorney General William P. Barr subsequently authorized federal prosecutors to open probes into credible allegations of voting irregularities and fraud, a reversal of long-standing Justice Department policy.

But on Monday, Hopkins, 32, told investigators from the U.S. Postal Service’s Office of Inspector General that the allegations were not true, and he signed an affidavit recanting his claims, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation. Democrats on the House Oversight Committee tweeted late Tuesday that the “whistleblower completely RECANTED.”

Hopkins did not respond to messages from The Washington Post seeking comment. But in a YouTube video he posted Tuesday night, he denied recanting. “I’m here to say I did not recant my statements. That did not happen,” he said.

Newman will ensure mail-in vote fraud because... : seinfeld

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Based on past experience we know the FBI is less than trustworthy too.

and this would be what the one guy who got in trouble for changing background information in an email? Clearly that must mean the entire FBI is politically biased. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Looks like wapo it's about to get sued again

He says he recanted nothing, and stands by it

https://mobile.twitter.com/BdieforGOP/status/1326326684635848711

So he's sticking by his hearsay story with no evidence.  I overheard someone said pigs can fly yesterday.  Must be true then, right??  How long are you willing to let this go on without seeing any actual evidence??  A month, 2 months???  Why is your side hiding the evidence from you??  Why would they?? Have you ever asked yourself that question???  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

So he's sticking by his hearsay story with no evidence.  I overheard someone said pigs can fly yesterday.  Must be true then, right??  How long are you willing to let this go on without seeing any actual evidence??  A month, 2 months???  Why is your side hiding the evidence from you??  Why would they?? Have you ever asked yourself that question???  

I'm not here taking anybody side. I read the thread

And he's calling Washington Post out

Saying he has not recanted anything

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm not here taking anybody side. I read the thread

And he's calling Washington Post out

Saying he has not recanted anything

They were just reporting what they were told.  They didn't claim it.  Now, if it turns out he did indeed tell the IG he recanted, then are you ok with him being sued/convicted, or is that the big, bad WAPO taking advantage of the lil guy??  Remember, you're not taking sides.  

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

They were just reporting what they were told.  They didn't claim it.  Now, if it turns out he did indeed tell the IG he recanted, then are you ok with him being sued/convicted, or is that the big, bad WAPO taking advantage of the lil guy??  Remember, you're not taking sides.  

Anybody who lies under oath should be able to be convicted or sued

If he's calling out Washington Post, and it turns out he's lying, then he's no good either, and whatever happens to him he deserves

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Anybody who lies under oath should be able to be convicted or sued

If he's calling out Washington Post, and it turns out he's lying, then he's no good either, and whatever happens to him he deserves

Let's not forget to call out anyone who ran with a hearsay story to begin with.  I want election fraud as little as the next guy.  I just want the proof.  If you claim these things w/o proof you're hurting the USA.  If I was a right-wing nutjob, and the Democrats were doing this, I'd be screaming TREASON

Edited by daz28
  • Like (+1) 1

This guy sounds like the definition of an unreliable witness, but he has stepped in it now. 

Got caught lying, and signed a sworn affidavit, later recanted; I imagine he received a call from a someone on Trumps election attack team that said we know a guy who can pardon anyone...double-down and say you were coerced, so he flops the other way.

Whatever.

Edited by WideNine

5 hours ago, daz28 said:

No going to lie, it would be pretty cool to see the Biden ran USPS sue the Trump campaign, Fox News, Drudge, et. al for libel and slander. Not sure on the logistics and there would probably be a high burden to show that those parties absolutely did not know what they published was not true but it would hopefully stop these kinds of baseless attacks in the future.

6 hours ago, daz28 said:

lmao, you gonna cry ? 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Four years of democrats claiming Russia helped trump steal the election and an insane investigation. Now the democrats suddenly forget that and claim elections are perfect.  

Two wrongs don’t make this right. Trump won. Biden won. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Four years of democrats claiming Russia helped trump steal the election and an insane investigation. Now the democrats suddenly forget that and claim elections are perfect.  

Still not one single ounce of proof... Except for republican fraud which is funny.

On top of that Trump has stopped running the country and is obsessed with this.... He is such a sad human being. 

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Two wrongs don’t make this right. Trump won. Biden won. 

well it’s a little late for that right? The dems called any trump supporter a Russian asset or worse. So the people on the right aren’t exactly gonna act gracious.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Still not one single ounce of proof... Except for republican fraud which is funny.

On top of that Trump has stopped running the country and is obsessed with this.... He is such a sad human being. 

So how did you act the last four years with the Russia investigation?   Cause Based on how you act in here it’s the same as the typical democrat who threw ***** left and right at republicans.  Sad

7 hours ago, daz28 said:

It’s been less than 10 days. Why are you carrying water for the Washington Post?  This is one of the mist important stories of our time any way you slice it— 

If the election was clean, you win and trust is restored in the system, at least to the level that existed the night before the election when prominent dem leaders screamed “Concede nothing!”. If all the allegations of fraud are exposed as shenanigans, we can all have faith that all politicians are in fact noble public servants.  

On the other hand, messing with the US Mail at election time is an issue that raises serious concerns about our trust in the political system specifically and yet another government institution.  

Why would the Washington Post publish a story that is false?  Was it incompetence or designed to further a narrative that shapes public opinion?  

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

So how did you act the last four years with the Russia investigation?   Cause Based on how you act in here it’s the same as the typical democrat who threw ***** left and right at republicans.  Sad

I didn't give a ***** about Russia and still don't. Yet you right wingers cannot stop talking about it.

You act no different, so do not try and pretend like you are. Trump's corruption has made his own bed and it's being shown just how bad he is since this election. Trump in 2024? Yea, sure.

Edited by TBBills

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

well it’s a little late for that right? The dems called any trump supporter a Russian asset or worse. So the people on the right aren’t exactly gonna act gracious.

Trump was never going to act gracious, his temper tantrum over the election were predicted and it seems to be getting worse as he loses cases in court over the "Fraud" in which the only thing that comes out is republicans commiting fraud which is hilarious.

16 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

When you’re ruled by emotion, you’re easily manipulated by emotional content.  We can go back to the day before the election—literally one day prior— to find people they put their faith in expressing concern about the fairness of the election process.  

It’s fascinating, really. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The guy who relied on Russian help is now falsely claiming voter fraud. Trump is just being consistent. 

21 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s been less than 10 days. Why are you carrying water for the Washington Post?  This is one of the mist important stories of our time any way you slice it— 

If the election was clean, you win and trust is restored in the system, at least to the level that existed the night before the election when prominent dem leaders screamed “Concede nothing!”. If all the allegations of fraud are exposed as shenanigans, we can all have faith that all politicians are in fact noble public servants.  

On the other hand, messing with the US Mail at election time is an issue that raises serious concerns about our trust in the political system specifically and yet another government institution.  

Why would the Washington Post publish a story that is false?  Was it incompetence or designed to further a narrative that shapes public opinion?  

Because the Washington Post and the New York Times for that matter are acting as extensions of the Democratic Party and the resistance since Trump came to office.  Most of the reporters working for them are not journalists or newspaper people in the classical sense.  They are political activists.  

30 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Two wrongs won't make it right if the Dems try to pack the Supreme Court either. Rule holds. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

The guy who relied on Russian help is now falsely claiming voter fraud. Trump is just being consistent. 

nothing was ever found.   But here’s the point.  Years of investigations and constant Russia crap is now going to turn into a good while of voter fraud.  What exactly do you expect?  Don’t think from a democrat point of view.    

Just now, Tiberius said:

Let's push to de-classifiy and release all the unredacted Russia intel and information from the alleged interference and collusion investigations so we all know the truth.  Wouldn't you agree it would be in the best interests of everyone to know the complete truth? 

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I didn't give a ***** about Russia and still don't. Yet you right wingers cannot stop talking about it.

You act no different so do not try and pretend like you are. Trump's corruption has made his own bed and it's being shown just how bad he is since this election. Trump in 2024? Yea, sure.

If you didn’t give a **** about the Russian issue, it’s odd that you’d give a **** about investigations and litigation surrounding the election results. 

Seems to me you’re a big part of the problem.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Because the Washington Post and the New York Times for that matter are acting as extensions of the Democratic Party and the resistance since Trump came to office.  Most of the reporters working for them are not journalists or newspaper people in the classical sense.  They are political activists.  

Agreed.  I’ve had this argument with Transplant for 3 years. He’s a partisan liberal and works very hard to support Bezos and his people, and that’s fine.  

I generally like to get a sense of another poster’s opinion on an issue like this.  I don’t know @daz28 political ideology, he could be in the same boat as Transplant, so I ask.  

In this case, a liberal poster linked to an article that was flat out untrue.  The article was published in one of the large MSM outlets, and the subject of their erroneous reporting came out quickly and refuted the story. It’s yet another story quickly disproven that sows division among the electorate.  There is no reason to run this story without accurate fact checking and source verification.  A simple call to the guy they have decided to target resolves the issue.  It’s very similar to the false story written on the young man vilified for wearing a red hat and treating a crazy man with respect. 

Daz’s response is to take a shot at the subject of the erroneous report, not the publication that used National Enquirer tactics to create a false narrative. This is an extremely important issue, certainly an issue of our times, and so vitally important that the Washington Post fact-checked and ran with it.  

I would like to hear his reasoning.  Obviously, I think it’s deliberate misrepresentation to shape a narrative to those easily molded. I’m not certain why he’s blaming what appears to be the victim here.  

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Trump was never going to act gracious, his temper tantrum over the election were predicted and it seems to be getting worse as he loses cases in court over the "Fraud" in which the only thing that comes out is republicans commiting fraud which is hilarious.

Trump knows there is something very serious waiting for him at the Southern District of NY.