Jump to content

Wow. This schedule...looks harder than we thought!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean other than just now, right?  

I think when you looked at the schedule before the year and you do now it's much tougher than expected.  Almost every team is playing better than expected or getting hot before they play us.    

This is usually when Bills teams poop their pants...

15 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

The Bills won a game they were supposed to win yesterday.  That counts for something. They should beat the Pats. 

Agreed.  But they’ll need a better effort than we saw yesterday to do it.  Cam looks awful, but NE will still be a lot better than the Jets.  Hell, everyone will be a lot better than the Jets. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

Honestly, except for Miami, they've all been basically what I thought. Arizona was only getting better with Hopkins and that Defense was going to improve with the players they added, Seattle has been a good team since Carroll arrived, Titans were in the AFC Title game and added Clowney and didn't lose anyone substantial so not sure why you thought that wasn't going to be tough, Steelers got Big Ben back along with spending resources on the likes of Claypool and re-signed a couple of their premiere Defense players and conversations with people that in my mind they were / are the second best team in the AFC, and the 49ers pre-injuries were a Super Bowl team. So, except for the Chargers, there's not a team on that list that I didn't think would be a hard win. Even Miami, with the improvement they'd shown last year and all of the talent they infused on that roster, I thought would be a much improved team and they are.....or were, with Fitzy - now, we have to wait and see. 

 

Exactly. If you actually watch the other 31 teams it really isn't as hard as some people out to work our before a season who is good, who is okay and who is bad. There are always one or two who over / under perform but for the most part teams are who we thought they were.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:


It’s his groin so they don’t want to rush him back but it could be this next week or week after.

 

I expect him back then. Everyone this year seems to get healthy just as the Bills appear on the schedule....

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TAinLA said:

This game won't be easy.., Patriots will be ready.  Can't think of the last time Patriots lost 3 game in row.

 

Can't think of the last time the Patriots just looked like a bad team.  If this roster was literally on any other team, we would be talking about how easy this game should be.  Because it's the Patriots and they have tortured us for 20 years, we still treat them like they are the SB Champs with Tom Brady and are unbeatable.  

 

They suck. Treat them like the bad team they are and slap them around.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

 

But that defense......

Oh yeah, I agree. However, their offense puts a ton of pressure on the opposing offense to keep up. And atm, the Bills offense is underperforming and would likely lose a shootout with Rus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:


 

Maybe, but who is beating us out in the division?  The Dolphins have played the easy part of their schedule and are only 3-3 - they have maybe 3-4 more wins - so 6-10 or 7-9.

 

The Pats if things get corrected have 5 more wins potentially on their schedule - that gets them to 7-9.

 

I still see the Bills as a 9 win team just as I did at the start and I do not see any other AFC East team getting more than 7 wins and therefore we should lock in a #4 seed.

 

Dolphins will be tougher that the Pats IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

 

Can't think of the last time the Patriots just looked like a bad team.  If this roster was literally on any other team, we would be talking about how easy this game should be.  Because it's the Patriots and they have tortured us for 20 years, we still treat them like they are the SB Champs with Tom Brady and are unbeatable.  

 

They suck. Treat them like the bad team they are and slap them around.

 

Even their secondary fell apart yesterday. Looked like one of those let downs when a defense has finally go to the "WTF is the point?" stage. On offense their oline is decent now everyone is back healthy. Their "skill" position players, however, are a stretch of the use of the word "skill". And Cam is being asked to run an offense he is completely ill suited for. They actually seemed to run more of a Cam scheme against the Seahwaks early on but that might have just been because of how bad the Seahawks D is. Cam is not a read the defense pre-snap and throw guys open on option routes Quarterback. He never has been. Honestly I said it pre-season and I repeat it now even with how badly he is failing in Dallas..... Andy Dalton was the vet to go and get to run this scheme. In fact if you swapped Dalton and Cam I think both would be better fits in what they are being asked to run.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This looked like a tough schedule at the start of the season, but it does look even tougher now.  Other than the AFC East teams and Denver, there are no soft touches.  The Bills task is to sweep the East, which will allow them to finish in 1st place.  Finishing 11-5 overall will be an accomplishment and likely give them a home playoff game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VirginiaMike said:

This looked like a tough schedule at the start of the season, but it does look even tougher now.  Other than the AFC East teams and Denver, there are no soft touches.  The Bills task is to sweep the East, which will allow them to finish in 1st place.  Finishing 11-5 overall will be an accomplishment and likely give them a home playoff game.

 

Winning the division gives them a home playoff game.

 

That's all they really need to do

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Even their secondary fell apart yesterday. Looked like one of those let downs when a defense has finally go to the "WTF is the point?" stage. On offense their oline is decent now everyone is back healthy. Their "skill" position players, however, are a stretch of the use of the word "skill". And Cam is being asked to run an offense he is completely ill suited for. They actually seemed to run more of a Cam scheme against the Seahwaks early on but that might have just been because of how bad the Seahawks D is. Cam is not a read the defense pre-snap and throw guys open on option routes Quarterback. He never has been. Honestly I said it pre-season and I repeat it now even with how badly he is failing in Dallas..... Andy Dalton was the vet to go and get to run this scheme. In fact if you swapped Dalton and Cam I think both would be better fits in what they are being asked to run.

I think Kyle Brandt said it well back in August when he was skeptical Cam would be able to "Edelman and white" his team the whole way down the field.... He was right. Even more so now that it seems Edelman has bricks for hands.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

I think Kyle Brandt said it well back in August when he was skeptical Cam would be able to "Edelman and white" his team the whole way down the field.... He was right. Even more so now that it seems Edelman has bricks for hands.

 

Edelman is a shadow of his former self too. Banged up 34 year old slot receivers...… not exactly "weapons" in the modern NFL.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Edelman is a shadow of his former self too. Banged up 34 year old slot receivers...… not exactly "weapons" in the modern NFL.

Problem is that might be all it takes against Johnson 🙄

 

 

The real kicker in all of this is IF we win the division we would play whomever doesnt win the north most likely.... UGH..... Then theres the waiting 25 years for a home playoff game only to not have fans.

 

This squad will be much more battle tested and ready for the dance though. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this team at 9 wins at best looking at the schedule at the beginning of the year. 

 

The teams we play are STRONG. 

 

Dunno why anyone thought this would be a cakewalk. Good thing the rest of our division practically plays the same opponents. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, I think the teams have been pretty close to what I originally expected.

 

The Bills still have 5 games against teams who are .500 and under (Patriots x2, Chargers, Broncos, Dolphins).  Two of those will be against rookie QBs.

So even if we struggle against the top teams in the NFL, there will still be opportunity to finish with double-digit wins and take the AFC East.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

I think when you looked at the schedule before the year and you do now it's much tougher than expected.  Almost every team is playing better than expected or getting hot before they play us.  

 

Arizona is better than expected.  

Seattle is better or at least Russ is

Chargers with Herbert is better...at least a tough game

San Fran...playing great all of a sudden 

Miami is better than expected.  

Titans...better than expected. 

Pittsburgh...better than expected. 

 

Its been a damn gauntlet already and ain't getting any easier.  :)

 

The only two from your list that I've changed and looking around the boards seem to agree are Miami and Arizona. 

 

Seattle and Russ have always been good so I'm not sure why that game would be any tougher than it has been in any other year. 

 

Chargers game I've always been more worried about their D but with Herbert playing well it might put more pressure on our offence. 

 

San Fran you're selling short because of the injuries. This is a team that was just in the Super Bowl last year.

 

Miami - They were looking really good last year and IMO the move to Tua right now is curious but I guess a Bye week isn't a bad time for extra reps.

 

Titans - Playoff contender that we've always played tough. Before the game this year the last 5 or so games were decided by 7 points or less. 

 

Pittsburgh - Again always tough and last year was an anomaly since they were running with 3rd string QBs

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I had this team at 9 wins at best looking at the schedule at the beginning of the year. 

 

The teams we play are STRONG. 

 

Dunno why anyone thought this would be a cakewalk. Good thing the rest of our division practically plays the same opponents. 

Show me someone that though this would be a cakewalk. Literally NOBODY said this schedule was a cakewalk. Our difficult schedule was talked about ad nauseam.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...