Jets may also be shopping Q Williams.

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Buffalo would need to over pay making a trade in the same division, lets face it, won't happen

Not necessarily. The Jets are tanking, no? Losing Williams would HELP the Jets, not hurt them. 

If the Jets lose out and draft 1st, they will make untold money by drafting Lawrence. Seriously.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Hard to say. I will state point blank that I am SURE that he is a very good football player. About this I have no doubt. Still in all, I think that he went a bit early in the draft and remember saying so on this board with @BADOLBILZ.

Now, what would be the cost? That is clearly the deciding factor under any conditions. A late 1st? A 2nd and a 4th? I suppose it would depend on how much Beane (notice I said Beane, not McDermott) thinks that we need him.

That said, would the Jets trade him in the division? Normally I would say no way, but I make the case that they are CLEARLY tanking. I said this before I heard anything about this article. I think that the possibility exists that we could get him. 

As I said in another post, Lawrence in NY (NJ) would be the next Joe Namath in terms of hype, etc. He would make the owner of the Jets untold millions and increase the value of the franchise by a billion or so.

As always, jmo.

Very measured take, @Bill from NYC, Thanks!

I think your point is well-taken that while Frazier and McDermott say they have the personnel they need, it is ultimately Beane who is evaluating the roster and making decisions about where we need to improve.

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I’d give them a 2nd plus Cody Ford for him.

Yeah, No.

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would really like calling AZ and see if Haasan Reddick is available 

Isn't Arizona trying to be competitive?  Why would they trade their starting OLB?

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Very measured take, @Bill from NYC, Thanks!

I think your point is well-taken that while Frazier and McDermott say they have the personnel they need, it is ultimately Beane who is evaluating the roster and making decisions about where we need to improve.

Yeah, No.

Isn't Arizona trying to be competitive?  Why would they trade their starting OLB?

He isn’t getting playing time I think he is depth this year. and just drafted Simmons who is a very similar player. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/snap-counts?year=2020&team=ARI&week=ALL&position=LB&op=Submit&form_build_id=form-vWpKbaQFrdc5UhXGsJO3cBcoYqKyg7aOd7AitCfTLuA&form_id=fo_stats_snap_counts_form

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He's been getting half the snaps, but Chandler Jones was just IR'd so unclear what will happen - not that he's a Chandler Jones replacement, but the Birds may need to platoon to replace Jones.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

The most interesting part of this, and we may see similar, is that there is really no college football this year. We are running on 2019 tape for most of these guys. Depending on cost, there is more value to making a move like this than there is to going after guys in the draft. 

Curious what the cost is. It may even be worth while for Buffalo to jump a round or add the additional pick because it is in the division. Maybe not with Williams, but any other opportunities that might arise. 

Cheers!

What are you talking about?! I will say there is better college football this year. Teams playing conference only schedules don’t get to take weeks off, well at least in the SEC. 

1 hour ago, Whkfc said:

Supposedly the asking price is a second rd pick dude is still just 22 yrs old and on a rookie deal. 

If it is a second rounder only I would go for it. He is a great talent and contract is reasonable now- would be possibly hold out for more money is my only concern of investment

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can’t see jets trading in the division 

True but we have a chance at a SB, we need to get this defense back to last years level . Our run offense is garbage too , all the strengths from last year are gone and all we have now is a passing game , it would be nice to actually have everything hitting on all cylinders.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

True but we have a chance at a SB, we need to get this defense back to last years level . Our run offense is garbage too , all the strengths from last year are gone and all we have now is a passing game , it would be nice to actually have everything hitting on all cylinders.

Sure but it takes two, and I don’t even think they are that dumb to trade their 2019 1st rounder to a division “rival” 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Sure but it takes two, and I don’t even think they are that dumb to trade their 2019 1st rounder to a division “rival” 

Its the jets man, anything can happen, im more confident now than ever 😀

5 hours ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Would he help fill the Star role?

Can he come back or does he have to sit out all year?

9 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If it is a second rounder only I would go for it. He is a great talent and contract is reasonable now- would be possibly hold out for more money is my only concern of investment

Second round pick for a guy who sits in the bench for 50% of their snaps?

No way. He’s worth a tire kick but the rate is a lot lower than a 2.  

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It wouldn't be so dumb if they lost out, got the first pick, and the franchise value increased by hundreds of millions of dollars.

I think that at this point, losing is clearly what the Jets are striving for this season.

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How about a top ten pick for a guy who sits on the bench 50% of the snaps?

Oliver had a great year last year. The bills now have 3 starters gone from last year’s line and I know a lot of focus is on the interior of the line but our run D is better than most think. Our pass D is atrocious. Our ends get zero pressure and when we do get beaten on big runs, they come when our ends consistently  have no seal. They’ve been terrible. 

I can’t judge Oliver harshly when only he and Addison are doing anything. 

• Like (+1) 1