Jets may also be shopping Q Williams.

MAJBobby

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What if I told you our rush D is currently #14 and just severely limited Jon Jacobs (#7) and Derrick Henry  (#2) in back to back games? (We were #10 last year vs rush)

That's not to say our D doesn't need a serious improvement if we're going to get anywhere, but there's a difference between needs improvement, and "garbage"

One thing though, we truly need better depth at some key spots because injuries do happen.  We are thin as boardinghouse PB at LB and CB.

Stats shmats our lineman are getting blown off the ball i dont care what are rankings are the defense is not good enough.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Stats shmats our lineman are getting blown off the ball i dont care what are rankings are the defense is not good enough.

I completely agree with that last statement: Defense is Not good enough

My point is, there's a significant difference between "not good enough" and "garbage"

One difference is, when you have a solid unit but it's not good enough...adding one elite player can make a huge difference.

When you have a garbage unit, adding one elite player will only help so much.

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This front office thinks a guy who's on the bench 50% of snaps is worth a top 10 pick, whether Coach Tuesday likes to admit it or not.

Well, that's what does happen when you have a defensive coach and a HC who both believe firmly in rotation on the DL

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My point is, there's a significant difference between "not good enough" and "garbage"

One difference is, when you have a solid unit but it's not good enough...adding one elite player can make a huge difference.

They need more than one elite player, the whole front four should be backups/rotational players. Losing star, Phillips, Liuget , Lawson and Alexander is showing how valuable they were, they weren't superstars but collectively they made that unit much better.

And i dont want to hear how Phillips was some liability on run plays , he could hold the point of attack when needed and we don't have a pass rush and we could really use those sacks he had  while he was " freelancing ".

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, that's what does happen when you have a defensive coach and a HC who both believe firmly in rotation on the DL

Exactly my point.

Why wouldn't they take a look at the guy if he's being offered?

29 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

We can't trade any of our guys to the Jets, can we??

In World War II Stalin sent his eldest son to the front lines, and then refused to negotiate for his release when he got captured by the Germans and put in a brutal POW camp.

Are we going to be Stalin now?!?!?

We could trade a pick....which is what they need right now

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Interesting that Leslie Frazier said this week, the coaches met and are not going to rotate as much on the DL

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Agree there is more to that stat.

We are stopping the run by committing more men to the box, which leaves Taron and other not-so-good-at-coverage guys on an island.  So guys are running free all over the place.

Because we do not have that 1 tech impact DL player, we are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Our team may be able to do some things schematically to help with this, but an impact DLineman would make it a lot easier to solve these issues.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

It wouldn't be so dumb if they lost out, got the first pick, and the franchise value increased by hundreds of millions of dollars.

I think that at this point, losing is clearly what the Jets are striving for this season.

Right but the Bills are not the only team who will be interested in him.  Being in division our offer will likely need to be significantly better than anyone else's and I would think he would probably fetch a 2nd from at least a handful of teams.

• Like (+1) 1

I hope they do all this and Trevor Lawrence pulls a Manning/Elway and stiffs them. Who in their right mind wants to go to the Jets and that dysfunction? 

BUT, Trevor Lawrence has already done everything there is to do in college. Especially with COVID, no way he returns to school. Doesn’t mean he can’t still spurn the Jets. 

Unless, of course....Dabo comes with him 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, without a drought said:

I think they might already be bad enough to get the first pick.

They better hope the giants win a game at some point. Apparently a bunch of simulations were done with both teams at 0-16 and giants got the 1st pick 10/10 times 

40 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I hope they do all this and Trevor Lawrence pulls a Manning/Elway and stiffs them. Who in their right mind wants to go to the Jets and that dysfunction? 

BUT, Trevor Lawrence has already done everything there is to do in college. Especially with COVID, no way he returns to school. Doesn’t mean he can’t still spurn the Jets. 

I think Atlanta will make a hard push for him, but either way tanking is not a bad plan for the Jets even if they plan to pass on Trevor if he is really giving them the cold shoulder.

Collect as many draft picks as possible by jettisoning marketable players ala Miami, if you land at #1 you can shop that Trevor pick to a lot of teams willing to sell their soul and the Jets have another draft pick haul.

Rebuild with a ton of draft capital in full progress.

Now, how well teams have been able to scout college players this season.....meh.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/15/2020 at 6:18 PM, Whkfc said:

Supposedly the asking price is a second rd pick dude is still just 22 yrs old and on a rookie deal. 

it is a 2nd the answer is YES.  

2 hours ago, TheProcess said:

I cant see Lawrence coming out if the Jets have the top pick.  Would be such a terrible idea. Or he could pull an Eli Manning, although no one would blame Lawrence for doing that. 

5 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

I would absolutely love this if it happened, but there's no way he gets traded within the division and I'm sure the jets would want too much.

I tend to agree, but there is always hope, because it’s the Jets.  

11 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Right but the Bills are not the only team who will be interested in him.  Being in division our offer will likely need to be significantly better than anyone else's and I would think he would probably fetch a 2nd from at least a handful of teams.

You are making perfect sense and are probably correct. I do not make the Bills a favorite in the race for Williams. That said, imo the only reason we are still perhaps even in the conversation is because the Jets are clearly tanking. Another divisional loss to us would actually be good for the Jets. Sounds crazy, no?

Again, I think that there are hundreds of millions of dollars at stake. If the Jets could land Lawrence, he will own the town before he takes a snap. He would revitalize a weather beaten fan base. The already high price of their franchise would go through the roof. Now, imagine if he plays well. 

Remember wrt Lawrence, we are looking at the top qb prospect since John Elway, who I think came into the league in 1982. I don't know for sure that he will be great, or even good. What I do believe is that almost every team in the NFL covets this kid. 

Also, for the record lol, I am almost always against trading away first round picks. Trading up almost always sucks imo (Whaley), and even trading down can bite a team in the ass (Mahomes). As much as i like Williams, I would not want the Bills to pay an unreasonable price.

Jmo.

Edited by Bill from NYC