Jets may also be shopping Q Williams.

MAJBobby

10 hours ago, without a drought said:

I think they might already be bad enough to get the first pick.

You make a very solid point. I totally agree but remember, there is stiff competition. 

In all my years watching football I don't really recall this particular scenario. Watching these teams (Jets, Falcone, Giants, etc.) happily go down the tubes at the same time is fascinating, no? 

,,,and in other Jets news, Greggie says porous D is not his fault........7 teams still have him on speed dial??..................

Gregg Williams: Jets allowing 32 points a game is not all on the defense

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 16, 2020, 2:21 PM EDT

The Jets have allowed 161 points through five games this season, the second-most in the NFL. But Jets defensive coordinator says that’s not all his defense’s fault.

Asked today about the fact that the Jets are giving up 32.2 points a game this season, Williams acknowledged that statistic does not reflect well on his defense but said it’s not entirely about his defense.

“It’s not a very good number and a lot of it’s not all defensively,” Williams said.

Asked to clarify what he meant by that, Williams declined.

“You’d have to figure it out,” Williams said.

It sure sounds like Williams was deflecting some blame toward the Jets’ offense and special teams, and he wouldn’t be wrong: Bad play by the other units has given the Jets’ opponents good field position. But the Jets’ defense has been bad, too. With a team as bad as the Jets, there’s plenty of blame to go around.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/16/gregg-williams-jets-allowing-32-points-a-game-is-not-all-on-the-defense/#comments

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You think he’s a better prospect than Luck?

Yes, and I was very high on Luck. Lawrence is bigger, moves better, and has twice the arm. Is he as smart as Luck? Probably not but this kid is looking like he is all world. 

Edited by Bill from NYC

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes, and I was very high on Luck. Lawrence is bigger, moves better, and has twice the arm. Is he as smart as Luck? Probably not but this kid is looking like he is all world. 

So much about drafting a QB is about where they land, what franchise, how good the scheme fit is, how good the coaching staff is, how good the talent is around them etc.. This is why Lamar Jackson went 32 overall yet still won a MVP and Sam Darnold will likely be a backup QB next year.. Going to the wrong franchise can absolutely break the best QB even if he is the #1 overall pick..

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

So much about drafting a QB is about where they land, what franchise, how good the scheme fit is, how good the coaching staff is, how good the talent is around them etc.. This is why Lamar Jackson went 32 overall yet still won a MVP and Sam Darnold will likely be a backup QB next year.. Going to the wrong franchise can absolutely break the best QB even if he is the #1 overall pick..

All of this is true.

I was responding to the question which was how much I think of TL as a prospect. I happen to think that he is the best I have seen come out in almost 40 years.  Btw I am not thrilled by this. I'm an Alabama Fan and he beat us handily. :( Either way, I think the kid is freaky good.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

All of this is true.

I was responding to the question which was how much I think of TL as a prospect. I happen to think that he is the best I have seen come out in almost 40 years.  Btw I am not thrilled by this. I'm an Alabama Fan and he beat us handily. :( Either way, I think the kid is freaky good.

Yes my friend, he’s good but if he goes to the Jets he’ll get ruined.

20 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Yes my friend, he’s good but if he goes to the Jets he’ll get ruined.

Good chance, but if a team is willing to bring him along slowly and has a few good drafts, the sky could be the limit for this kid. 

Edited by Bill from NYC

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I spend my time in Atlanta and Greenville, SC (Clemson’s alumni city) so all I’m exposed to is Clemson and UGA...

Trevor is worth the hype.  His leadership qualities are off the charts.   

That said... better than Luck?... Maybe.  Luck didn’t have Clemsons talent, and that’s my only (albeit small) concern.   Trevor did not play well at all against LSU in the Championship Game last year, and so far this year, I see a lot of wide open WR’s, jump balls and Etienne doing supercharged Alvin Kamara type stuff. 

12 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

All of this is true.

Roll Tide! The UGA game tonight was fantastic!!

As for Trevor...he’s the real deal in college. I hope it transfers to the pros as that males the league that much more fun to watch. I’m happy watching Josh: we always have a chance if the ball is in his hands. 

• Like (+1) 1