Titans player test positive today 10/7

BillsMafi$
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please narrowly restrict discussion in this thread to the NFL and NFL-related covid policy and issue.  It is acceptable to provide links to NFL policies and explanations of NFL policies provided they come from high-factual sources.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

As much as I wouldn't like a win without testing the other team there is no way the NFL lets this game happen on Sunday. Two weeks of games being rescheduled seems like it would be a issue so a forfeit might be in tow

Bummer. Looks like there will probably be no Bills football this Sunday.

I’m wondering if they’ll move the game to the end of the season and only play it if it’s necessary (like if the game has playoff implications). 

It would kind of piss me off if the Bills are the only team playing a week 18 game though and all the other playoff teams get (basically) a bye week.

Also doesn't seem fair if they change the playoff formula from wins to winning percentage if the Titans end up not having to play the Bills at all.  Nice getting to skip playing an undefeated team when you are going for the highest winning percentage possible. Especially when you're team may have been at fault in not following league protocol which is being investigated by the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

Screw the moron titans. They should have to forfeit every game they can't field a team for. This was completely preventable and these idiots decided to violate the no-contact rules and meet on their own for "informal" practices and now over a third of the team is infected. I've seen all these players online getting defensive about "making a living" and that's asinine selfish thinking. These guys know they are putting other players and by extension their families at risk and it doesn't matter to them. Titans just rocketed to the top of my "can't stand this team" list.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

So now the question will become, is it a bye week or do the Titans start forfeiting? Not sure what the NFL will do with the Titans scheduling if they cant keep a healthy team. They cant have weeks of byes then finish up their season in January....

The NFL needed to have a league wide bye week in the middle and at the end of the season. It would have allowed for up to 3 games per team to be rescheduled into those weeks and the individual team's bye. I think that it might just be easier for them to forfeit these two games and try to make it against their opponent in week 6.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

The NFL needed to have a league wide bye week in the middle and at the end of the season. It would have allowed for up to 3 games per team to be rescheduled into those weeks and the individual team's bye. I think that it might just be easier for them to forfeit these two games and try to make it against their opponent in week 6.

Yes. But can they? No or little crowd makes it easier, but rescheduling 100s of games (as this what amonuts to)... think of hotel expenses, booking, travel arrangements, etc. Not as easy as it seems

23 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Yes. But can they? No or little crowd makes it easier, but rescheduling 100s of games (as this what amonuts to)... think of hotel expenses, booking, travel arrangements, etc. Not as easy as it seems

They will do everything they can for billions in TV revenue. A little overtime for scheduling and figuring out details is peanuts compared to the money involved. They can handle the details, but I’m not sure they can handle the virus.