Postgame Thread: Bills at Raiders

9 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Allen’s shoulder should be a big worry. He didn’t look right even making some great throws after coming back in. 

Gameday thread, some of you are sickening. I hope it was day drinking before the 4:30 start. But I’m gonna have to bust out the block button you guys are sick in the head. 
4-0, lead the whole game, and you cried like we’re the dang Jets. Control your emotions kids I know you’re not used to being in the elite category 

Spot on. I didn't whole thread (this one), but level of overreaction in GTD is insane. People are acting like kids. After each bad play somebody sucks. Edmunds sucks, Poyer sucks, defense sucks, fire Frazier, I HATE this defense (wtf?), pass rush sucks, White sucks. I think everybody sees that defense is somehow worse than last year but we are also playing better offenses this year. Raiders O came to play. Carr is playing like top7 QB this year and was great yesterday. Yes sometimes tackling is poor, sometimes gaps are missed, sometimes coverage is bad but I don't know why people feel need to express their hate when it is clear that opponent came to play too and we are still winning.

I for one love that even if our defense is not great right now we are winning games. And I really think defense will get better.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Spot on. I didn't whole thread (this one), but level of overreaction in GTD is insane. People are acting like kids. After each bad play somebody sucks. Edmunds sucks, Poyer sucks, defense sucks, fire Frazier, I HATE this defense (wtf?), pass rush sucks, White sucks. I think everybody sees that defense is somehow worse than last year but we are also playing better offenses this year. Raiders O came to play. Carr is playing like top7 QB this year and was great yesterday. Yes sometimes tackling is poor, sometimes gaps are missed, sometimes coverage is bad but I don't know why people feel need to express their hate when it is clear that opponent came to play too and we are still winning.

I for one love that even if our defense is not great right now we are winning games. And I really think defense will get better.

Agreed.  The competition is different this year compared to last years stack of wins.  And it only gets tougher as the season continues....We will be seeing 

Last years comeback player of the year  Tannehill

The super bowl MVP Mahomes 

Current MVP board leader  Russel Wilson

Last years Rookie of the Year Kyler Murray

Garapalo

Ben Rothelisberger

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

no— but it is a risk. It’s a much higher risk because we are contending this year. If this were a rebuilding type year, I would say— absolutely, go for it. But if I were the GM

of this team, I would be looking for a veteran I can trust. Maybe not a guy who can make 55-yard bombs. But someone who is reliable under pressure from under 50 and has experience making pressure kicks.

you have to admit that Bass is not inspiring confidence thus far. I don’t know if McDermott would feel comfortable sending him out now for a long FG attempt, let alone a GW FG attempt. 

At this moment I believe you are making it a bigger deal than it is. 

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

People's expectations are getting ridiculous. Watch the Chiefs or Seahawks or any "elite" team. They all have bad plays. No team is perfect.

• Like (+1) 5

Great win yesterday but I couldn't understand why the Bills would hand it off after they recovered the onside kick. Take a knee 4 times and go home. The famous Giants - Eagles game from 1978 when the Giants ***ed up the end and Herm Edwards scooping the ball up and running it back for a winning TD came to mind. Allen stumbled as well on that handoff which made me really nervous on that play. Anyway great to be 4-0. I know the Bills started 5-0 in 1980 so it would be nice to do it again 40 years later.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Allen snapped the ball with 17 seconds left. They could have knelt out that last series, even with a time out by the Raiders.

The Bills running the ball with 5:21 - 4th to "eat the clock was bad play calling IMO.  

It didn't kill the Bills but not ideal IMO.   

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The Bills running the ball with 5:21 - 4th to "eat the clock was bad play calling IMO.  

It didn't kill the Bills but not ideal IMO.   

I get the reasoning for doing that but between the success passing and the defense struggling, a more aggressive approach was called for.