Postgame Thread: Bills at Raiders

Don't want to make a thread for every article, but this analysis of the Raiders game by TBN columnist Jim Kubiak is worth a read.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/jim-kubiak-you-can-see-josh-allens-growth-every-game-heres-the-raiders-edition/article_9ce13e7e-0771-11eb-afa1-1736e86d9b05.html

It may be paywalled, you may be able to get to it with a private browsing window or sign up for a free trial.

I really like Kubiak's stuff, he's a former Navy QB and "cup o coffee" professional player who coaches HS QBs now, so he knows his stuff.

He's very positive about things casual fans miss (like good decisions to throw the ball away) , but also points out areas where Josh can still improve.

Some of his takes on the 3Q, right after the drive where the Bills punted.  Love his description of Brown's catch: 😂

Perhaps the two best throws of the game from Allen came on consecutive plays as the Bills marched into Raiders’ territory. Beasley was lined up in the slot to Allen’s right and ran an out route that Allen drilled. Beasley did a masterful job of getting his defender to commit to the inside. Allen was decisive and put the football on Beasley’s facemask, showing smooth and seamless timing versus an outside leveraged defender. 

The next throw was even more powerful and accurate as John Brown was breaking across the field on a cross. Raiders defenders Harris and Joyner were draped on Brown’s back as he flattened his route across the field and came back to the football as it was in the air. This completion was not ruled a touchdown but Brown had possession, both feet in bound, and held ball across the plane of the goal line. 

There might not be another player in the NFL who can make that throw with that amount of velocity.

He also calls Daboll out for drawing up a play that has Allen lead blocking on a reverse. I agree!  Especially now with the shoulder injury, Daboll better take that play OUT of the playbook. 

23 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Both of these stills are hilarious:

Just seeing this... freaking amazing. 

There’s also a hold on Brown.

Unfortunately it seems all but certain that Daboll will be leaving us after this year. (Fingers crosses he sucks at interviews)

On 10/5/2020 at 4:27 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Allen snapped the ball with 17 seconds left. They could have knelt out that last series, even with a time out by the Raiders.

Hope that is addressed. My son coaches CFB and has told me how amazed he is these coaches are so bad @ time Mgmt. Last year his team was up 3 pts with less than a minute to play and got a defensive TD, giving them a nine point lead. One of his duties is time/timeouts etc. strategy and got the HC to call timeout as they were going to kick the (meaningless) extra point. Instead they just sat on the ball, avoiding any chance of losing because  of a defensive score on the XP. They took out all the risk of losing.  JA could have easily fumbled the handoff at the end.   PUT a HUGE SCARE IN ME. Go Bills !

On 10/4/2020 at 6:26 PM, Buffalophil1948 said:

I'm not worried about Bass. More worried about Bojo, they showed a replay on Bass's only miss. It was directly behind them, you could visibly see the laces on the ball.

Ya after listening to the locked on podcast, they discussed this, interesting both of Bass's misses were laces in. Thats unacceptable