Titans NOW 20 positive Covid tests and Impacts ] updated 10/3

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please keep discussion in this thread narrowly focused on football and directly football-related issues.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t feel strongly about anything. The teams are aware they signed up for what might not be a smooth season. The only way they will need to move it to later in the season is if a whole position group is impacted beyond the team’s ability to substitute for a game situation. Think 3 Olinemen. That’s not the case. There are still more days of testing to go, but at this time the contingency plan of Monday or Tuesday is what makes the most sense - no one claimed it was ideal. 

Yes

Apparently you do feel strongly about something. If a position group gets impacted then you are amenable to changing the schedule. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes they did everything remotely from iPads. Closed or not they couldn’t get there 

“The Lions’ practice facility will be available to the Bills on Friday, and moving the game to Monday night will enable the Bills to practice on Friday and Saturday and have their walk-through on Sunday,” the N.F.L. spokesman Michael Signora said.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2014/11/21/sports/football/bills-home-game-against-jets-will-be-relocated.amp.html

So iPads were used at Ford Field?

12 minutes ago, iinii said:

One or two days of practice is going to make up for normal preparedness?  And it looks like another Titan has tested positive which is more to my point. At this point no one knows how many Titans may be infected. If the Bills’ facilities were closed until Saturday or Sunday and they were given two days to prepare, I bet the song around here would be quite a bit different. Would you still feel so strongly if the shoe was on the other foot? 

We did it before during the snow storm - no complaints- we had to accept it and move forward.

Just now, Warcodered said:

yeah I'm sure they won't be able to figure it out in a week.🙄

It's because ESPN's contract likely includes a clause that games can't be televised nationally (outside of Sunday Ticket plus local market affiliates) on a Monday. Similar to our snow game in 2014.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I’m sure someone will swoop in and grab it. I’m guessing CBS has the call now? Makes sense to keep it as they are already doing the ground work.

I doubt ESPN would allow that on Monday opposite their games.  Maybe the Tuesday could be shown, but I doubt they want competition on Monday.

22 minutes ago, iinii said:

I will ask you once again, you won’t sing a different song if the Bills are forced into a scenario such as this? 

No, i will continue state the facts. I expect bumps in the road. I don’t have an opinion on what the nfl should or shouldn’t do regarding Covid and even if did it doesn’t belong here. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3