Week 2 Bills @ Dolphins PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

One thing I will say, and I am an Allen backer and I think his play has progressed nicely since the start of the titans game last year, but I would like to see him throw receivers open a bit more than he has been as opposed to almost exclusively throwing to open receivers.

It’s a little bit of an M.O. of the really good QBs.  

Most of you know what I am talking about.  For example, if you freeze the video right when he throws and you don’t see anyone, or the primary receiving, even open when he throws, but becomes open when the ball gets there.

Did you watch last weeks game? He had a number of throws where he threw with anticipation. It’s a marked improvement over last year and I hope it continues in this game

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

So I watched the pregame stretch and most guys don’t actually stretch. I know they’re professionals but with all of the soft tissue injuries, why not do it properly?

it's been a while since I read it, but I do remember seeing a study that showed there was no correlation between stretching and injury rates.  It was not specific to football or any particular sport though. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

So I watched the pregame stretch and most guys don’t actually stretch. I know they’re professionals but with all of the soft tissue injuries, why not do it properly?

They might be following the modern sports medicine theory.  There's apparently a thing that stretching does not prevent injury

The modern thing is apparently to warm up the muscles that will be used in a functional (but light or no load) way.

• Like (+1) 2