Week 2 Bills @ Dolphins PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

So who will be inactive today?

Milano, Edmunds, Phillips (LB), Fromm, Yeldon, Boetkger, Epenesa?

Only 6 needed. I would say those you have listed minus Epenesa 

22 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Good thing he gets Fitz, he might have an INT today.

Even I might have an INT today 

• Like (+1) 1

There is this notion on WGR that if your throwing it means you’re aggressive.

Jeremy White just said this coaching staff trusts Allen more than anyone. 

I think the opposite. I think last year was the start of how this coaching staff wants to manage and structure the offense. Shorter throws, quicker releases, WRs that win off the line.

Last year a constant theme on the radio was Allen is going to break out the deep ball at any minute, and they mentioned it again this morning.

There is no deep ball. It’s high percentage passes. An occasional intermediate throw. 

They have put a structured offense around Allen, that has more passing in it then we have been accustomed to in ours years of socially conditioning to accept a run-first offense. So it looks much more aggressive. But they know Allen isn’t a sandlot QB in this league. He’s not going to play that way. Heaving passes 50 yards down the field.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

On my way to take communion and pray for our guys.

Seriously, GOD is pretty busy this year.

Perhaps the Bills will have to learn to win on their own in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

There is this notion on WGR that if your throwing it means you’re aggressive.

Jeremy White just said this coaching staff trusts Allen more than anyone. 

I think the opposite. I think last year was the start of how this coaching staff wants to manage and structure the offense. Shorter throws, quicker releases, WRs that win off the line.

Last year a constant theme on the radio was Allen is going to break out the deep ball at any minute, and they mentioned it again this morning.

There is no deep ball. It’s high percentage passes. An occasional intermediate throw. 

They have put a structured offense around Allen, that has more passing in it then we have been accustomed to in ours years of socially conditioning to accept a run-first offense. So it looks much more aggressive. But they know Allen isn’t a sandlot QB in this league. He’s not going to play that way. Heaving passes 50 yards down the field.

Miami plays predominantly man coverage and they have one of the best man v man WRs in the league in Diggs. I agree that most of their passing  offense will be as you say but I have little doubt they’ll take a few shots downfield as well.

11 minutes ago, MDH said:

Miami plays predominantly man coverage and they have one of the best man v man WRs in the league in Diggs. I agree that most of their passing  offense will be as you say but I have little doubt they’ll take a few shots downfield as well.

With who?

John Brown is well understood at this point. He makes his hay underneath.

Diggs stepped it up lasts season in terms of average, but he is not Desean Jackson.

It’s not a bad thing, but the Bills haven’t attacked that way since Robert Foster two years ago.

WGR loves to pin it on fans sticking with Allen’s pre-draft thumbnails too long, but it’s them who do it. How many times are we going to hear about Allen’s arm today? He’s not a vertical thrower at this level, and I don’t want an offense led by him to play that way.

Our coaches figured that out after the 2018 season. The deep ball is not a big part of this offense. The coaches pay lip service to its importance. But watching the games reveals the real story.

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Seriously, GOD is pretty busy this year.

Perhaps the Bills will have to learn to win on their own in 2020.

Except that God is not a finite being writ large, so Divinity can handle sustaining the universe and anything else.

Of course, this is not a forum to discuss theodicy or metaphysics and I would not normally have responded.

However, calling out a fella for a brief, pious expression of prayer for the home team is pretty lame.

• Like (+1) 3