How many tickets have you gotten?

Halloween Land

Inspired by the speeding ticket post, i'm curious as to how many people on this board have gotten tickets? How many and for what reason? 

I have gotten 4 tickets total. (2 speeding tickets, one for using my phone as a GPS as I was holding my phone and then another for causing an accident). 

4 minutes ago, Halloween Land said:

Inspired by the speeding ticket post, i'm curious as to how many people on this board have gotten tickets? How many and for what reason? 

I have gotten 4 tickets total. (2 speeding tickets, one for using my phone as a GPS as I was holding my phone and then another for causing an accident). 

were the 2 speeding tickets from you racing to a buffet?

• Haha (+1) 1

My first was over 40 years ago in high school when I went through a stop light that just turned red before I got in the intersection. I thought my dad would kill me as it was his car, but he just said i hope you learned your lesson.

About 20 years ago I got 2 within a month on the same street for speeding and rolling through a stop sign, as I was late for work both times. After the 2nd I was worried about points, so I got a lawyer and he got it reduced to a faulty muffler.

I got one this July coming home from vacation on 81N. A state trooper clocked me going 87 in a 65. But because I wore a mask and he said I was polite he wrote me up for changing lanes without a signal. It was only a $25 fine, but $95 in court fees.

• Like (+1) 1

0, gotten pulled over 3-4 times, but no tickets. The last two times were head scratchers. I got pulled over for having my high beams on when a cop passed me. This is a potential sign of drunk driving from what I read. But I was sober, driving home from watching the meteor shower at my buddies who lives up in the hills away from the city lights. I told the cop it was a new car for me (which it was), and I tried to turn off the high beams like I would my previous car which was different from this one (one was a push, one was a pull). After shining a bright ass light in my eyes and checking my record he let me off.

The other time I got pulled over for driving too close to the yellow line. Not over it, just too close to it (his word's for the reason of pulling me over). Funny thing was it was at night, and he sped up and pulled up right behind me, with his lights off, tailgaiting me so close I could not see his license plate nor could I see the top of the car to see the lights. I was coming up on my house so I pulled close to the yellow line to turn into my house and let this crazy driver pass me on the shoulder, and as soon as I hit my turning signal to go into my house he turns on the lights and makes me pull over. After questioning where I was coming from and going to, I said I was coming home from work (still had uniform on) and was trying to pull into my house (pointed to the house) before being pulled over. He said he pulled me over for driving too close to the yellow line, I asked if I was over it, he said no, just too close to it. He asked if I had been drinking, I said no I was at work, and he wanted my license and registration. I open the glove compartment and he sees a glass, and thinks its a small liquor bottle and starts freaking out over it. I had to show him it was a blinker light (I just bought a packet of 2 blinker lights because I had to replace one of them, so that was the 2nd one still in the package). He goes back t his squad car, looks up my clean record and comes back and says "I'm going to let you off this time, don't drive so close to the yellow line" and then gets in his car and speeds off. I feel like that was one time he abused his power.

43 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

My first was over 40 years ago in high school when I went through a stop light that just turned red before I got in the intersection. I thought my dad would kill me as it was his car, but he just said i hope you learned your lesson.

About 20 years ago I got 2 within a month on the same street for speeding and rolling through a stop sign, as I was late for work both times. After the 2nd I was worried about points, so I got a lawyer and he got it reduced to a faulty muffler.

I got one this July coming home from vacation on 81N. A state trooper clocked me going 87 in a 65. But because I wore a mask and he said I was polite he wrote me up for changing lanes without a signal. It was only a $25 fine, but $95 in court fees.

i take the 81N to the thousand islands many times a year....they can't wait to pull you over on that stretch.  i won't go over 75, and even that's cutting it close.

I got a BS driving while using my phone (texting) ticket.  He said he saw me texting while driving.  The cop wouldn’t even look to see that my phone was hooked up to Bluetooth, and that my last text was 25 minutes prior to being pulled over.

My colleague whose son is a trooper told me it wasn’t even worth fighting and to just pay the ticket so I did 🤷🏾‍♂️

Pulled over 4 times and got 2 speeding tickets (both on my way to church, go figure).

but you want to hear the dumbest ticket I got? Was in a small town and Parked on a street meter. Was ticketed for “parking more than 12 inches from the curb.” It wasn’t my best parallel parking job, but it was probably like 15 inches and nowhere near being into the road. 

I've gotten a bunch lol but never convicted of a moving violation.  First three were all at once, car crash that was completely my fault when I was 17.  Went away because I was close with the DA's daughter (no, not that close).  Haven't gotten a ticket in 3 years now but get pulled over once a month or so.  Lead foot 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

I've gotten a bunch lol but never convicted of a moving violation.  First three were all at once, car crash that was completely my fault when I was 17.  Went away because I was close with the DA's daughter (no, not that close).  Haven't gotten a ticket in 3 years now but get pulled over once a month or so.  Lead foot 🤷‍♂️

You get pulled over once a month and get warnings every time?  You must have the leprechaun at the end of the rainbow up your ass. 🤣