Around the League Week 1

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Welp

"Coach Arians?  Mr. Yee here, Tom's agent.  If you consult page 72 of Mr. Brady's contract, you're not allowed to make disparaging remarks about Tom's performance, Tom's side businesses, or Tom's relatives."

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 hours ago, whatdrought said:

2 things: 

1- Chargers new uniforms are perfection.

2- Drew Tranquil, LB for the Chargers just had an ugly injury. Daniel Jeremiah hyped him as a breakout candidate. 

That injury was bad.  Looked ok at first, but then totally went the wrong way - I was like oh man that is nasty. 🤢 

15 hours ago, Success said:

Anyone catch much of the Pats/Phins?  I didn't see it, but saw Fitz had 3 picks, and the Pats won a relatively close one.

I'd love to conclude that this means the Pats aren't all that, but have no idea.

Pats D looked pretty good, but they had bad Fitz out there.  

Miami D struggled and the Pats ran the ball down their throats using every RB and their QB.  

I don’t think it lasts in NE, but to start the season they were the better team and right now it looks like they may be better than the Jets also - although that match-up favors the Jets run defense.

Going to be an interesting year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Made no sense at all that I could figure.

Worked the numbers and could not determine a reason.

Same. I know the game was likely over either way but surely you kick the XP make it a two score game so you need a TD and a FG to tie....If you make the two pointer it is STILL a two point game. If you don't it is a 3 point game. Bizarre.

45 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Made no sense at all that I could figure.

Worked the numbers and could not determine a reason.

The only reason I could even remotely see is trying to go for the win on the road.  Getting 11 meant getting 10 more was a win.  But why not go for 2 on the next TD then?

• Like (+1) 1

He looked like Tom Brady in practice all the time, so it's kind of unusual to see that in a ballgame because they didn't do things that we didn't get ready for. Everything they did, we thought we were ready for," Arians said. "Some wide receivers have to do a better job of winning one-on-one when he decides to go their way. He put us in the right run checks a couple times. It was a learning experience that way.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29886162/buccaneers-coach-bruce-arians-surprised-tom-brady-week-1-struggles

Did someone say Practice?