Kaepernick An 81 OVR FA QB In Madden 21

H2o

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Omg yes.  And on D, if you run a play action pass you basically get sacked by LT before you even have control of the QB.  I actually still have the game and dust it off every football season.  Brings me back to my childhood and gets me amped for the season!

Ha, same here man, I’m totally an 80’s video game junkie. I fire up the ol’ NES quite often. 

Your username kinda gives you away as well ha.

• Like (+1) 1

And who is the worst starter? 

31 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Ha, same here man, I’m totally an 80’s video game junkie. I fire up the ol’ NES quite often. 

Your username kinda gives you away as well ha.

Get a Raspberry Pi ive got Nintendo, snes, Sega, 64 on mine

This is why every year I create a player and run the Tebow wildcat jump pass formation. It’s a game, for fun. 
They obviously are getting some bad press for the game this year, so add in some more bad press and everyone will talk about it. 

They got exactly what they wanted, national news over him being in the game. Look at the coverage over a video game, obviously now we see why he can never sign to an actual team no matter what. The coverage would be 24 hours a day non stop 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Do your own homework, Sue.

So you’re going to accuse another poster of using a word incorrectly and when questioned on why it’s incorrect your response is “do you own homework, sue” ?

What a compelling argument that you have made to give any credence to the idea that you know anything. 

14 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

You have a wildly different perspective of what virtue signaling is. Whether it is to remain in power or gain more power, gain revenue or to not lose revenue, or just because you want to be the most liked person in a group and you think doing something that seems virtuous will help that problem, that’s the exact situation the term virtue signaling is created for. EA is nodding to its social justice fans in hopes they will be seen as virtuous and sell more games. What is your definition?  

Keep in mind, these types of terms can go through several different evolutions of meaning as time moves forward. The colloquial use of terms can create completely new meanings, see the term “racism” and how it’s being changed to fit current narratives. So perhaps your idea is a more contemporary understanding where mine could be based on its original meaning and so on and so forth. 

Perhaps you are offbase on the original meaning of the phrase and describe things you don't like tangentially related to social justice or "political correctness" as virtue signaling like most everyone else who eagerly uses the phrase like a new toy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue_signalling

The history of the term is based on cheap, disingenuous statements instead of any real commitment or action.  Often it comes in the form of disingenuous outrage.  The only outrage here is from all the man-children triggered by a rating in Madden. 

If you think putting the most polarizing figure in football in the game is a cheap action in this climate where social media is replete with calls to boycott the NFL, NBA, NASCAR, and NHL due to their support of BLM (ironically, by the same people who are outraged by #CancelCulture) then I disagree.  If you think their actions are disingenuous, I would disagree.  Looks to me that EA puts their money where their mouth is. 

Overrating the skills and attributes of a video game character because you want to align with their politics in the public eye, if accepted as virtue signaling, must be the most contemporary use of the term. I would say this is maybe "3rd level virtual graphical virtue signaling" at best which is now my phrase and I own the definition.

@whatdrought  happy now?

29 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So you’re going to accuse another poster of using a word incorrectly and when questioned on why it’s incorrect your response is “do you own homework, sue” ?

What a compelling argument that you have made to give any credence to the idea that you know anything. 

Patience child.

20 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Perhaps you are offbase on the original meaning of the phrase and describe things you don't like tangentially related to social justice or "political correctness" as virtue signaling like most everyone else who eagerly uses the phrase like a new toy.

The history of the term is based on cheap, disingenuous statements instead of any real commitment or action.  Often it comes in the form of disingenuous outrage.  The only outrage here is from all the man-children triggered by a rating in Madden. 

If you think putting the most polarizing figure in football in the game is a cheap action in this climate where social media is replete with calls to boycott the NFL, NBA, NASCAR, and NHL due to their support of BLM (ironically, by the same people who are outraged by #CancelCulture) then I disagree.  If you think their actions are disingenuous, I would disagree.  Looks to me that EA puts their money where their mouth is. 

Overrating the skills and attributes of a video game character because you want to align with their politics in the public eye, if accepted as virtue signaling, must be the most contemporary use of the term. I would say this is maybe "3rd level virtual graphical virtue signaling" at best which is now my phrase and I own the definition.

@whatdrought  happy now?

Patience child.

Well lookie here... you can defend your own point. Congrats. Real proud of you bud. 

As for your point: in using your provided definition “Virtue signalling is a pejorative neologism for the conspicuous and disingenuous expression of moral values with the intent to enhance one's own image.” 

I have a follow up question: 

Do you believe Kaepernick’s rating of 81 which ranks him as a top 20 or so starting QB in the league is based solely on the player that he is now, or is it influenced at all by his political and social stances?

Edited by whatdrought

21 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

@whatdrought  happy now?

Patience child.

Yes, they are virtue signaling based exactly how you portray it. Thanks.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Well lookie here... you can defend your own point. Congrats. Real proud of you bud. 

As for your point: in using your provided definition “Virtue signalling is a pejorative neologism for the conspicuous and disingenuous expression of moral values with the intent to enhance one's own image.” 

I have a follow up question: 

Do you believe Kaepernick’s rating of 81 which ranks him as a top 20 or so starting QB in the league is based solely on the player that he is now, or is it effected by his political and social stances?

I have no clue.  His last rating was an 81 and there has been zero film on him since. I do not know how they would adjust his rating in the absence of film and I haven't seen anything to suggest they won't update his rating in the event he gets signed and there's something tangible to base it on.

Now I have an ask for you.  Now armed with the definitions, make your case that a video game rating meets the criteria for virtue signaling.

2 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Yes, they are virtue signaling based exactly how you portray it. Thanks.

Weak.  

18 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I have no clue.  His last rating was an 81 and there has been zero film on him since. I do not know how they would adjust his rating in the absence of film and I haven't seen anything to suggest they won't update his rating in the event he gets signed and there's something tangible to base it on.

Now I have an ask for you.  Now armed with the definitions, make your case that a video game rating meets the criteria for virtue signaling.

Weak.  

Ok, you obviously don’t agree. That’s fine, we can agree to disagree. They don’t believe what they’re saying, their pandering for sales.

You must have seen the twitter post from EA that shows their virtue signaling. It’s clear. 

Edited by HamSandwhich

3 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Ok, you obviously don’t agree. That’s fine, we can agree to disagree. They don’t believe what they’re saying, their pandering for sales.

You must have seen the twitter post from EA that shows their virtue signaling. It’s clear. 

Is it virtue signaling if the entity making the statement believes it?  

Kap's 81 is not based on his play, there are so many examples of players being lowered 5 to 10 points just for having a season ending injury. Kap has been out of football for at least 4 years, there is no reason that he should be rated a 81 especially since his last year playing was horrid. This type of thing just shows what I believed all along and that is that this game caters to the bigger markets and lots of non statistics based bull *****.  

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu