Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Not much of a receiving back?  He excel's at that

He is a decent receiving back. But he is a rubbish runner.

Just now, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

nope Smith not going anywhere, and never was. Easily best blocking TE on the team

One of the best in the league.

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah, it's unbelievable the depth we keep at o-line for players who will never play all season, while going into each week praying about the cornerback position. I do not get it.

When all is said and done there will be 6 cornerbacks on the roster, and probably two on the practice squad.  That is plenty.  The Bills Cb depth is just fine.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, klos63 said:

I read they'll be resigned tomorrow after Feliciano and DiMarco hit IR

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense.

EDIT: Oh and Deane Marlowe too. Ok, that answers that.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, klos63 said:

I read they'll be resigned tomorrow after Feliciano and DiMarco hit IR

That makes sense. We need our returner and they love Marlowe.   Boehm not making the team was my biggest surprise. I hear Winters was a penalty machine for the Jets... 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Lee Smith is an excellent blocker. That is his job. 

And special teams matter. How can someone who has been in a division with New England for the last 20 years not realise that?

Yes it was Special Teams holding us back in those games against New England, not the fact that we can’t score or stop New England when we had too. 

Queue up the Leodis McKelvin take.

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yes it was Special Teams holding us back in those games against New England, not the fact that we can’t score or stop New England when we had too. 

Didn't the Pats win by a TD last year in a game with a blocked punt returned for a TD?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

No what held us back was we were less talented. But the Patriots in their run won a game or two every year on special teams. They are consistently excellent at it and keep 7 or 8 guys every year for teams.

• Thank you (+1) 3