Bills cuts toward the 53 man roster -Saturday cuts begin Pg 15

YoloinOhio

20 hours ago, Doc said:

Why would they keep Fromm on the 53 only to cut him if Webb made the PS?  Why not just keep Webb?

Marino loathes Fromm and was 100% sure he wouldn’t make the roster so he’s grasping at straws. By the time his most recent podcast came out he admitted he was wrong because he never thought they would keep 3 QBs and he still hates Fromm but thinks the bills have a pipe dream that he could grow into a backup QB and replace barkley on the cheap. Beane said today that they didn’t want to cut him without having ever seen him play in a game. Which from a “draft and develop” perspective makes some sense. Another way that teams get screwed with no preseason. So hard to really evaluate rookies. And if you thought enough of him to use a 5th...

btw Marino’s new bold prediction is that epenesa is inactive week 1

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Considering how strange this year has been and is going to be, I thought we did a really good job of keeping a deep and somewhat talented team. I can't help but feel were missing something on the interior of the d line. Feels like we have no Star power inside. Weird.

42 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Professional or personal adversity?

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Marino loathes Fromm and was 100% sure he wouldn’t make the roster so he’s grasping at straws. By the time his most recent podcast came out he admitted he was wrong because he never thought they would keep 3 QBs and he still hates Fromm but thinks the bills have a pipe dream that he could grow into a backup QB and replace barkley on the cheap. Beane said today that they didn’t want to cut him without having ever seen him play in a game. Which from a “draft and develop” perspective makes some sense. Another way that teams get screwed with no preseason. So hard to really evaluate rookies. And if you thought enough of him to use a 5th...

btw Marino’s new bold prediction is that epenesa is inactive week 1

That's about the only thing that makes sense. 

On 9/4/2020 at 4:30 PM, bearstobills said:

I wonder why it hasn't been mentioned that the Bills have made almost every key player on this team available to the press (including Siran Neal, I Hodgins, and Dean Marlowe) but not Trent Murphy.  That seems extremely telling. 

Trent isn't big on interviews. Even when the locker room was open, pre-COVID.

He was always rushing off to somewhere, weight room, treatment, practice. I took no offense. It's just the way he is.

jw

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, john wawrow said:

He was always rushing off to somewhere, weight room, treatment, practice. I took no offense. It's just the way he is.

jw

Stop using rational thought.  We need 8 trillion more posts about saving salary cap money by cutting him.  If he plays well we are stuck with only Borjaqueez as a villain.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, john wawrow said:

jw

Pardon if this is not a good followup question, but what is the team policy regarding media availability for the players--I infer that each player decides for themselves whether or not to grant an interview in an open locker room then, as opposed to a dedicated media press conference appearance?  

47 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Pardon if this is not a good followup question, but what is the team policy regarding media availability for the players--I infer that each player decides for themselves whether or not to grant an interview in an open locker room then, as opposed to a dedicated media press conference appearance?  

Media could ask for players during camp and get separate interviews. Now that we're into the regular season, all players are required to be available upon request if they're not participating in the team's scheduled zoom calls.

jw

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Stop using rational thought.  We need 8 trillion more posts about saving salary cap money by cutting him.  If he plays well we are stuck with only Borjaqueez as a villain.

Here's my bold prediction: We're going to love Bojo by midseason.

On 9/6/2020 at 4:04 PM, Warcodered said:

So when does the next part of the machiavellian scheme take place?

I don't think that's the thought process.  I think the thought process is they want Davis Webb as the emergency covid-19 QB; they don't want to give up on Fromm yet because they hope he can figure things out and take over as next year's backup