Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

7 hours ago, Doc said:

And what are BLM and Antifa?  Ideas?

Same thing you ash, except the president in power is doing it...can you actually understand that...duh...he has the military and numerous agencies and police forces but yet wants illegal groups sent to the street.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/1/2020 at 7:50 PM, Niagara Bill said:

Of course it is ashole...you are the friggen idiot...look in the mirror...

No, it's not.  You've confused the Gestapo, the Kripo, the Sipo, the Prussian political police, the Weimar Sicherheitspolizei, the SS, the RHSA, the SA, and the SD.

Nine different groups, I'm betting five of which you've never heard of before.  That is a HELL of a lot of confusion and ignorance.  By all means, keep showing everyone what an idiot you are.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, New Improved DC Tom said:

No, it's not.  You've confused the Gestapo, the Kripo, the Sipo, the Prussian political police, the Weimar Sicherheitspolizei, the SS, the RHSA, the SA, and the SD.

Nine different groups, I'm betting five of which you've never heard of before.  That is a HELL of a lot of confusion and ignorance.  By all means, keep showing everyone what an idiot you are.

Glad you know hitler well...serves my point on what the trump organization is thinking...and I will keep showing everyone what a treasonist sob you ate, supporting the undermining of the US systems of justice.

4 hours ago, New Improved DC Tom said:

Yeah, hit me where it hurts.  My knowledge based on thirty years of study of history.  You sure showed me.

Shitmudgeon.

Studying history makes you a white supremacist.

• Haha (+1) 1

I like Bongino's idea. If we are going to have a partisan moderator like we clearly will at the next debate, if it happens, then why not go all out? Let someone like Rachel Maddow or Chris Cuomo question Trump and let Hannity or Mark Levin question Biden  I'm pretty certain the Trump campaign would have no problem with this, the Biden campaign not so much.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Second debate will be virtual. Huge help for Biden.

Yea, now Biden won't need to worry that he's going to catch COVID from someone who should be quarantined. That has to be a huge burden off his shoulders.

If they're doing virtual, just cancel the debates all together. People are already voting. There's a tiny percent of undecides who at this stage if you're undecided you're unlikely to vote.

Which of course was the whole point of announcing a virtual debate...

To more accurately quote the President.

"No, I'm not going to waste my time with a virtual debate. That's not what debating is all about."

Edited by BillsFanNC

7 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Yea, now Biden won't need to worry that he's going to catch COVID from someone who should be quarantined. That has to be a huge burden off his shoulders.

If they're doing virtual, just cancel the debates all together. People are already voting. There's a tiny percent of undecides who at this stage if you're undecided you're unlikely to vote.

And here we go....if he tests negative twice by molecular PCR then he or any other human being is not infectious. Period.

Not to mention that they can easily remain 20+ feet apart in a live debate.  The assault on science in the name of politics is, well, par for the course I guess.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Yup. Biden is in victory formation for 3 weeks. Just needs to handle the snap on first and second down. He can only lose in a debate. 

Which makes you wonder why the debate commission came to this decision unilaterally without consulting either campaign.

To the bolded...I recall the same sentiment being almost universally held in regard to someone else who is currently not President exactly four years ago.

Edited by BillsFanNC

8 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Which makes you wonder why the debate commission came to this decision unilaterally without consulting either campaign.

Because we're in a pandemic and one of the debaters has Covid-19 and is not forthcoming with test results.

Didn't Kennedy and Nixon debate via phone from seperate locations?

30 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

To the bolded...I recall the same sentiment being almost universally held in regard to someone else who is currently not President exactly four years ago.

Big differences between those 4 years and I was commenting on what Biden’s strategy is. Way more undecideds back then. Very few now. Polls this time show chasm gaps in even swing states...last time Clinton was not in victory formation with swing states super tight and Clinton was campaigning her ass off in them right to Election Day because she knew it. I don’t care a lot about who wins but the signs this time are very different. We will know in a few weeks so poll debating is kind of a bore.

Given that the commission took the Trump campaign at its word on testing last time because they refused to get there early for tests and on the heels of that, had the big outbreak that is ongoing and this time you’re exposing citizens in the town hall format (usually the best “debate” IMO), the admin put the commission in a tough spot. 

It’s not unlike Bills Titans actually. 

Edited by shoshin

23 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

2016 was a totally different situation.

Here's RCPs 2016 averages:

Cp7mM3JWgAAdDCi.jpg

Here's 2020 (from Aug but it's been the same trend):

RCP.jpg

You have a much more stable polling cycle without the crazy trends we saw in 2016.

We also have the 2018 polls accurately predicting a blue tsunami.

We don't have a strong third party candidate that will 5 percent of the vote.

As seen in 2018, Democrats don't want a repeat of 2016 where a lot of the blue vote stayed home assuming there was no way Donald Trump would win.

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

2016 was a totally different situation.

Here's RCPs 2016 averages:

Cp7mM3JWgAAdDCi.jpg

Here's 2020 (from Aug but it's been the same trend):

RCP.jpg

You have a much more stable polling cycle without the crazy trends we saw in 2016.

We also have the 2018 polls accurately predicting a blue tsunami.

We don't have a strong third party candidate that will 5 percent of the vote.

As seen in 2018, Democrats don't want a repeat of 2016 where a lot of the blue vote stayed home assuming there was no way Donald Trump would win.

If you do that state by state, the differences are even more striking. 

Just now, shoshin said:

Big differences between those 4 years and I was commenting on what Biden’s strategy is. Way more undecideds back then. Very few now. Polls this time show chasm gaps in even swing states...last time swing states were super tight and Clinton was campaigning her ass off in them right to Election Day because she knew it. I don’t care a lot about who wins but the signs this time are very different. We will know in a few weeks so poll debating is kind of a bore.

Agreed. There are virtually no undecideds this time around. This is a base election, and if was possible to fire up Trumps base any more then this transparent act by the debate commission could certainly do it. 

In another debate Trump could come out and purposely cough on Biden to interrupt him, or Biden could have a stroke in front of the entire country. Votes changed in either scenario: zero.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Agreed. There are virtually no undecideds this time around. This is a base election, and if was possible to fire up Trumps base any more then this transparent act by the debate commission could certainly do it. 

In another debate Trump could come out and purposely cough on Biden to interrupt him, or Biden could have a stroke in front of the entire country. Votes changed in either scenario: zero.

I’ll quibble on one point. 40% of the country is in the middle and is not a base. They decide the election every four years. But even this time they are decided. 

Give Trump credit for one thing: I expect a big turnout because a lot of people have a strong opinion. 

Just now, shoshin said:

I’ll quibble on one point. 40% of the country is in the middle and is not a base. They decide the election every four years. But even this time they are decided. 

Give Trump credit for one thing: I expect a big turnout because a lot of people have a strong opinion. 

I've been one of those 40% for a long time. Voted 3rd party the last two Presidential elections. This time I'd walk across hot coals to cast my vote for the egotistical blowhard Trump, and my instincts tell me that I'm not alone by a longshot.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Another thing against Trump. If we see 57 percent voter turnout like in 2008, it will be a landslide for Biden.

8 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Another thing against Trump. If we see 57 percent voter turnout like in 2008, it will be a landslide for Biden.

Yesterday he pulled pack on ads in Iowa, Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota. Pulling back ads in swing states is not the strategy of a winning campaign. The debates are about his only chance (super limited) of any reset. 

9 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Yesterday he pulled pack on ads in Iowa, Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota. Pulling back ads in swing states is not the strategy of a winning campaign. The debates are about his only chance (super limited) of any reset. 

That seems more of an issue with their funds mismanagement than him conceding those states.

Definately not a good thing for Trump.

9 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

That seems more of an issue with their funds mismanagement than him conceding those states.

Definately not a good thing for Trump.

Yes, they aren't conceding those states. The calculus is they'll win them and don't need to invest more there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yes, they aren't conceding those states. The calculus is they'll win them and don't need to invest more there. 

There is no way they think they have a big enough lead in those states while people are voting in those states that that is why they're pulling out.

You can do that in a Missouri or Alabama, you don't do that in the Midwest swing states right before the election unless you have no alternative. (i.e. they're running out of cash as has been reported)

11 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

They are pulling out of swing races to focus on what, CA and NY?

When even Rasmussen shows Biden up by 9 nationally, there's a reason Trump is running out of cash. 

Edited by shoshin