The NFL Follows Suit With "Social Justice" Message

H2o

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Its amazing you dont want to reply to my comments........I wonder why that is.

That is exactly what Trump does you have been taking notes

"Somebody said this".......meanwhile he is not saying that HE says it so later on he can distance himself from it.....but he promotes it by bringing it up in the first place to throw meat to his base (you)

Lol I'm not a trump supporter. Him and the rest of the GOP are way too progressive for my liking.

• Haha (+1) 1

So many of the things said in this thread indicate WHY the NFL is doing what it's doing. Why the message "end racism" is still necessary.

In a league where 77% of the players are black, and the vast majority of them are all telling you "RACISM STILL EXISTS IN THIS COUNTRY AND BLACK PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING AND DYING BECAUSE OF IT", your response is that racism ISN'T real or isn't a problem?!  You tell them "Just shut up and put your body on the line for my entertainment". No. THAT line of thinking is the problem. RACISM is the problem.

The existence of racism in the United States in 2020 is not your typical political issue, where there are two sides, and both are reasonable, and "hey, we all have opinions!". It's not like taxation rate or economic policy.

The existence of racism in the United States in 2020 is an empirical FACT, the likes of which it is nearly impossible to imagine someone actually doubting the veracity of. 

The simple statement "end racism" should have 100% approval. The fact that it is actually upsetting people is just so beyond the pale ridiculous, and it is proves the necessity of the "end racism" message to begin with.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Seeing as he was charged with possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18 he was breaking the law.  

I mean yeah....it is totally typical for a 17 year old Trump Rally going white kid to drive to another state with a semi auto weapon and walk into a group of protestors.......

Nothing to see here

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I think the problem is that things are defined as racism that aren’t actually racism. 

The words are simple, “end racism.” That should not be dividing ANYBODY. Racism exists. It does. No matter how warped zone’s minds have become people still need to realize that it is an actual thing. The NFL is saying, “let’s stop racism.” ZERO people should have an issue with that simple ask. 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The words are simple, “end racism.” That should not be dividing ANYBODY. Racism exists. It does. No matter how warped zone’s minds have become people still need to realize that it is an actual thing. The NFL is saying, “let’s stop racism.” ZERO people should have an issue with that simple ask. 

I don’t think ending racism is going to be so simple, personally.

Also, your response to the simple question on page 3 wondering if they would allow messages in support of slain police officers was a bit... bizarre.  Dude was just asking a question.

Edited by RiotAct

48 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He was in a scuffle with the police.....

Do you shoot someone 7 times in that situation in the back?  THEY DIDNT EVEN HAVE PROOF AT THE TIME THAT HE EVEN HAD A WEAPON

Under no circumstance is this ok

Shooting that man in the back 7 times is inexcusable , 

two cops while pointing guns at you and repeatedly telling you to STOP and you don’t comply ? 
If a cop would pull a gun on me I would have been on the ground with my hands behind my back before he’d had a chance to tell me ANYTHING!!!

Edited by Putin

I’m all for the messages and systematic change in lots of areas. But please for the love of god leave the game itself alone. The NBA, every game I’ve watched, every interview after etc etc they’ve had discussions over race and issues. I get the post game interview and I don’t have to watch that part if I don’t want to hear a players opinion, but during the game should be left to the game and not outside issues

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

Shooting that man in the back 7 times is inexcusable , 

two cops while pointing guns at you and repeatedly telling you to STOP and you don’t comply ? 
If a cop would pull a gun on me I would have been on the ground with my hands behind my back before he’d had a chance to tell me ANYTHING!!!

I am not arguing that he should have complied with their commands.......whether it is a misunderstand or not.....if a police officer orders me to get on teh ground......im going and saying "yes officer"

but

The question here is the lethal force.....in no way....shape...or form is lethal force acceptable just because multiple police offers can keep him on the ground......he was not in a threat position them when they shot

Its murder

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m all for the messages and systematic change in lots of areas. But please for the love of god leave the game itself alone. The NBA, every game I’ve watched, every interview after etc etc they’ve had discussions over race and issues. I get the post game interview and I don’t have to watch that part if I don’t want to hear a players opinion, but during the game should be left to the game and not outside issues

I agree with this.....I would rather not see it from beginning to end of the game and talked about by the announcers from beginning to end......but before the game and after the game?  I feel athletes should be able to express as much or as little as they want.

but....when you feel that you are being suppressed......you overkill I guess

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I am not arguing that he should have complied with their commands.......whether it is a misunderstand or not.....if a police officer orders me to get on teh ground......im going and saying "yes officer"

but

The question here is the lethal force.....in no way....shape...or form is lethal force acceptable just because multiple police offers can keep him on the ground......he was not in a threat position them when they shot

Its murder

Lol...its murder...

.....cept he’s not dead....

quite the legal education you got in the USAF security guard academy!

Ok...Im out again...couldnt bite my tongue on that one! ?

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I agree with this.....I would rather not see it from beginning to end of the game and talked about by the announcers from beginning to end......but before the game and after the game?  I feel athletes should be able to express as much or as little as they want.

but....when you feel that you are being suppressed......you overkill I guess

I get it, the athletes feel they can raise awareness and have a duty to speak and I’m good with that. NBA has Chris Webber and some other announcers who I can understand have valid opinions of this stuff, but I’ll be damned if I want to hear Chris Collinsworth or some of the NFL announce teams to discuss this 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I get it, the athletes feel they can raise awareness and have a duty to speak and I’m good with that. NBA has Chris Webber and some other announcers who I can understand have valid opinions of this stuff, but I’ll be damned if I want to hear Chris Collinsworth or some of the NFL announce teams to discuss this 

I want to be able to watch and enjoy the games and would rather that the social justice issues not be discussed in game

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I mean yeah....it is totally typical for a 17 year old Trump Rally going white kid to drive to another state with a semi auto weapon and walk into a group of protestors.......

Nothing to see here

Actually, he didn't bring the gun across state lines. He works at the business he was defending from rioters. The owner of the business gave him the gun. Also the 17 year old kid lived 15 minutes away. Yeah, it's across state lines, but it's a short distance away. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

if you have an issue with the NFL displaying the words “end racism” you are an a-hole. I don’t know if that’s where you stand but anyone that has a problem with that falls in the a-hole category. There are ZERO exceptions to that rule.

Bullies break other zero exception rules, terrorism, violence, drug dealing, and use "End Racism" as an excuse to take over.

What's really going on? Generational. Glut of seniors and youths. No one in the middle in their prime earning years. Seniors need help, rightfully so. Unfortunately with the young, you have a lot of bad people who have yet to ruin themselves. World's a lot different when you discover you're on your own and no one really cares if you live or die.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

So many of the things said in this thread indicate WHY the NFL is doing what it's doing. Why the message "end racism" is still necessary.

In a league where 77% of the players are black, and the vast majority of them are all telling you "RACISM STILL EXISTS IN THIS COUNTRY AND BLACK PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING AND DYING BECAUSE OF IT", your response is that racism ISN'T real or isn't a problem?!  You tell them "Just shut up and put your body on the line for my entertainment". No. THAT line of thinking is the problem. RACISM is the problem.

The existence of racism in the United States in 2020 is not your typical political issue, where there are two sides, and both are reasonable, and "hey, we all have opinions!". It's not like taxation rate or economic policy.

The existence of racism in the United States in 2020 is an empirical FACT, the likes of which it is nearly impossible to imagine someone actually doubting the veracity of. 

The simple statement "end racism" should have 100% approval. The fact that it is actually upsetting people is just so beyond the pale ridiculous, and it is proves the necessity of the "end racism" message to begin with.

So I live in the ghetto. A lot goes unreported. Not little things. Gun shots, break ins, really dangerous things with cars, fights. Not reported. Flawed empiricism. Perimeter policing.

The anti-racists don't want to help black people. They want to nullify everything they told people what to do a decade ago. Dump tech. Pump anarchy.

Get ready for the ICU bill. Note to world. Huffing elephant tranquilizer and getting hit over the head puts you in the poor house if you survive.

• Like (+1) 2