Democrat Convention 2020.

B-Man

33 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so here's my two cent take on the Biden candidacy......reminiscent of the GOP offering up Dole and McCain (not taking away from their war hero status but immaterial to be Commander in Chief IMO)....ALL three are well beyond their political effectiveness prime....FAR too long as career politicians and out of touch with today's climate.....40+ year now stale political careers......Biden is probably the most noted for gaffes, corruption, affiliations et al......at the same time and sadly, potential up and coming, viable, potentially "make a difference" candidates shy away because if the DIRTIER nature, hatred, vitriol and foment of politics.....can anyone blame them?......hell, forcible touching in the 2nd grade could be a disqualifier......we're screwed..............

but, he’ll keep us safe though!

10 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....absolutely not...Biden is NOT a viable presidential candidate to run this country PERIOD.....secondly, backing himself into a corner with "black and female parameters" as his VP choice, with NO regard for QUALIFICATIONS, is a pure political grab for black and female vote.....has NOTHING to do with the "good of the country".....tell me otherwise....the Dems' sole initiative is "power" and governance by committee because THEY know damn well Biden's mental capacity is woefully diminished.....besides, outline his accomplishments as a 49 year career politician and then let me know YOUR choice....why is he YOUR guy?.............

He's my guy because I'll always vote for the Democrat because education and health care are the most important issues to me.  I happen to agree with the Democratic's positions in those areas.  The only way I'd ever not is if the majority of the party suddenly became AOC/Bernie Sanders and our economy would go down the drain.  One hopeful thing of a Biden presidency would be he could help soothe the divisiveness that Obama and Trump helped exasperate with their narcissistic personalities. 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He's my guy because I'll always vote for the Democrat because education and health care are the most important issues to me.  I happen to agree with the Democratic's positions in those areas.  The only way I'd ever not is if the majority of the party suddenly became AOC/Bernie Sanders and our economy would go down the drain.  One hopeful thing of a Biden presidency would be he could help soothe the divisiveness that Obama and Trump helped exasperate with their narcissistic personalities. 

Yes, and how have the democrats improved either of those areas in the last several decades?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Well we could start with the ACA, you know the one Don was going to make better but instead only keeps looking for legal challenges to ruin it.

The ACA may have made things better for some people but for the majority of people it made things worse. High premiums and ridiculous deductibles are its main accomplishments.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, and how have the democrats improved either of those areas in the last several decades?

The ACA has increased coverage to about 20 million people and have decreased overall bankruptcies despite Republican opposition.  Although it varies by state, overall premiums are increasing at a slower rate compared to the few years before the passage of the ACA.  If they can get a public option passed it should force insurance companies to lower their premiums and deductibles to be able to compete as long as it's structured correctly.

They've disappointed on the education front by giving funds to charter schools (including for profit one's).  Many democratic governors are starting to see the error of their ways now and reversing course. 

VDH !

From DNC Irony to Parody

by Victor Davis Hanson

Original Article

If nothing else, the architects of the 2020 Democratic Convention appeared to be ignorant of irony. Either that, or they know irony so well and cared so little that they wished to ram it down the throats of the few who watched the nightly taped speeches— Snip)There is one rule that should guide all of Bill Clinton’s post-presidential speeches. He must never use the word “Oval Office” in reference to its ethical or professional requirements

(Snip)

And so what does Clinton say during the convention? He lectures Trump on how the Oval Office must become the locus of positive presidential power, inspired decision-making and resolute authority.

• Thank you (+1) 1

THE CORBYNIZATION OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY CONTINUES APACE: 

Joe Biden’s Campaign Apologizes to Anti-Semite Linda Sarsour In Pathetic Reversal.

Related: “Biden’s convention featured at least six individuals who have praised, promoted, defended, or appeared with the most notorious anti-Semite in America, Louis Farrakhan.

Farrakhan has called Hitler ‘a very great man’ and referred to Jews as ‘termites.’ What did Biden say about these individuals appearing at his convention? Nothing. He was totally silent.”

EVERY WEEK IS HATE WEEK FOR THE LEFT. 

Edited by B-Man

USA TODAY COLUMN: Democratic National Convention Fell Flat with Viewers. 

“The Democratic National Convention failed to draw many viewers this year making things look worse for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris than expected.”

I was pleased that they were able to work in James Lileks’ “the soft bigotry of Joe expectations.”

23 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

19 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The ACA has increased coverage to about 20 million people and have decreased overall bankruptcies despite Republican opposition.  Although it varies by state, overall premiums are increasing at a slower rate compared to the few years before the passage of the ACA.  If they can get a public option passed it should force insurance companies to lower their premiums and deductibles to be able to compete as long as it's structured correctly.

They've disappointed on the education front by giving funds to charter schools (including for profit one's).  Many democratic governors are starting to see the error of their ways now and reversing course. 

Both points you make are wrong. The cost of healthcare has only gone down if you don't include the Trillion per year added through expanded Medicaid.  As for education why do you think charter schools are so popular in democratic areas but not as much in Republican? Because Dems allow terrible schools to exist. Doc you seem reasonable but where do you live that Republican areas have worst areas than Dem areas?

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

VDH !

From DNC Irony to Parody

by Victor Davis Hanson

Original Article

If nothing else, the architects of the 2020 Democratic Convention appeared to be ignorant of irony. Either that, or they know irony so well and cared so little that they wished to ram it down the throats of the few who watched the nightly taped speeches— Snip)There is one rule that should guide all of Bill Clinton’s post-presidential speeches. He must never use the word “Oval Office” in reference to its ethical or professional requirements

(Snip)

And so what does Clinton say during the convention? He lectures Trump on how the Oval Office must become the locus of positive presidential power, inspired decision-making and resolute authority.

Well, you could say using and forcing a cigar into an intern was positive (for him) Presidential power, inspired decision-making and resolute authority.

55 minutes ago, B-Man said:

USA TODAY COLUMN: Democratic National Convention Fell Flat with Viewers. 

“The Democratic National Convention failed to draw many viewers this year making things look worse for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris than expected.”

I was pleased that they were able to work in James Lileks’ “the soft bigotry of Joe expectations.”

What's worse is that unlike 4 years ago, there is less to do these days and thus less of a reason to skip it...unless you were apathetic towards it.

• Like (+1) 1