Democrat Convention 2020.

B-Man

9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Sounds like Joe hit it out of the park last night. Or as Dems would say quietly to themselves, "Thank God he didn't puke up his tapioca again."

I did not watch it but was told it was prerecorded.  

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like (+1) 1

TYLER O’NEIL *: Five Things to Know About Night Four of the Democratic National Convention.

* And you probably didn’t: Americans Rightly Tune Out the Democratic National Convention.

Compared to 2016 with Hillary, fewer people are watching on broadcast and cable TV because they know a dull infomercial when they see one.

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

This scene only reminds me of the pain of 1994.

But at least the Devils regrouped and eventually won 3 Cups. ???

That 1994 Eastern Conference final series was fantastic hockey for all seven games.

52 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I did not watch it but was told it was prerecorded.  

It did say "live" on the screen on my TV.

I don't think it was pre-recorded.  But I do believe that's Biden's high-water mark as far as performances go.

Edited by snafu

1 minute ago, snafu said:

That 1994 Eastern Conference final series was fantastic hockey for all seven games.

The Devils choked away Game 6. 

Mike Richter's legend grew during game 6 and, kinda ironically, Brodeur's legend grew in game 7 as he was lights out in game 7 until Fetisov's gaffe on Matteau's OT goal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

I don't think it was pre-recorded.

I hate to be the guy who says this but here goes anyways.  Do we have verification that it was live such as journalists being there in person to see it?  If Biden truly did it live then so be it.

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

I don't think it was pre-recorded.  But I do believe that's Biden's high-water mark as far as performances go.

I think they were trying to convince you that Joe Biden was alive.

• Haha (+1) 1

Biden Manages to Clear Low Bar, Media Weeps Tears of Joy. 

“It’s true, Biden didn’t make any major mistakes during his big moment at the DNC. Then again, the expectations for his speech have been lowered for months so all he really had to do was get through it without pausing to eat his foot and it was going to be judged a rousing success.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

I hate to be the guy who says this but here goes anyways.  Do we have verification that it was live such as journalists being there in person to see it?  If Biden truly did it live then so be it.

If it was live or not, it puts Joe's handlers in a tough spot -- because now there's really NO explanation for why they won't let him answer questions and speak for himself. 

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Biden Manages to Clear Low Bar, Media Weeps Tears of Joy. 

“It’s true, Biden didn’t make any major mistakes during his big moment at the DNC. Then again, the expectations for his speech have been lowered for months so all he really had to do was get through it without pausing to eat his foot and it was going to be judged a rousing success.”

And this is why Trump better be right about "early onset".  Trump's campaign has managed expectations to the very low side.

If Biden comes across with anything coherent, then it makes him look 10x better.

• Like (+1) 1

JOANNE JACOBS: Say it ain’t so, Joe. 

“The Democratic Party’s platform, based on a Biden-Sanders ‘unity’ task force’s recommendations, ‘steer Biden away from the coalition of Black and low-income voters who brought him the nomination,’ write Aldeman and Spurrier.

‘Maybe this shouldn’t come as a surprise — given that two of the eight members of the task force are the heads of the two major teachers unions’.”