Democrat Convention 2020.

B-Man

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Sleight-of-Hand Convention:

Biden’s speech was affecting, but the Democrats were awfully vague about what they plan to do if he wins.

Maybe they plan to build a wall, have Mexico pay for the wall, repeal and replace the ACA, rebuild national infrastructure, prosecute Hillary Clinton, ditch NATO, and label China a currency manipulator.  And then do none of those things.  Now that would be sleight of hand. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Maybe they plan to build a wall, have Mexico pay for the wall, repeal and replace the ACA, rebuild national infrastructure, prosecute Hillary Clinton, ditch NATO, and label China a currency manipulator.  And then do none of those things.  Now that would be sleight of hand. 

or they can do what they said they would do, raise taxes, give "free" health care, "free" college, forgive student loans, give amnesty to 11 million illegal immigrants, open borders, abortion on demand, even late term, rejoin the horrible Paris Accord, defund the police, get rid of ICE and the border patrol, and that's just for starters.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

the guy who has been in DC for 48 years still doesn't have an original idea. and... he is going to fix Washington? HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaa.

keep thinking he is going to resurrect DC, you #orangemanbad TDS'ers. you're right, he is going to restore the swamp and corruption that you all apparently love so much. if he wins, you are going to get what you deserve.

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This has to be one of the most embarrassing errors for Biden in a long time. Imagine that after 12 years, you're still recycling the same message and have nothing new to offer to your country on the night you accept the nomination other than an old speech.

You can get away with this when you know your base is incapable of independent thought.

So embarrassing.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

082220_BidenDNCSpeech_COLOR.jpg

Democrats rolled out their vision of America this week.

Hee Haw was a comedy.

As was the 2020 DNC.

Nobody likes misery.

If there is ever a Hee Haw : The Next Generation I nominate Bill Clinton to play Grandpa Jones.

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

This has to be one of the most embarrassing errors for Biden in a long time. Imagine that after 12 years, you're still recycling the same message and have nothing new to offer to your country on the night you accept the nomination other than an old speech.

You can get away with this when you know your base is incapable of independent thought.

So embarrassing.

You think the Trump hating left cares?

#orangemanbad

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/19_say_a_convention_has_changed_their_vote

Posted in other convention thread also- makes these conventions even more important than I thought.

13 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

You are done your shift at the 7-11 already? 

There is the trolling I love. I am truly glad you are back, at least I know your goal which is just be that obnoxious guy. I don't like the guys that go from troll to pretend intellectual.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Would they have won you over if they did?

....absolutely not...Biden is NOT a viable presidential candidate to run this country PERIOD.....secondly, backing himself into a corner with "black and female parameters" as his VP choice, with NO regard for QUALIFICATIONS, is a pure political grab for black and female vote.....has NOTHING to do with the "good of the country".....tell me otherwise....the Dems' sole initiative is "power" and governance by committee because THEY know damn well Biden's mental capacity is woefully diminished.....besides, outline his accomplishments as a 49 year career politician and then let me know YOUR choice....why is he YOUR guy?.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/19_say_a_convention_has_changed_their_vote

Posted in other convention thread also- makes these conventions even more important than I thought.

There is the trolling I love. I am truly glad you are back, at least I know your goal which is just be that obnoxious guy. I don't like the guys that go from troll to pretend intellectual.

You're a teacher. Take a look at that creep's sentence and imagine him as a true intellectual. 

Five ways the Democrat convention backfired on Joe Biden, benefitting Donald Trump

by Monica Showalter

Original Article

Has President Trump just eaten Joe Biden's lunch? Sure looks that way based on multiple indicators flashing pro-Trump signals in the wake of the Democratic National Convention. Sure, the leftist press is reporting that Biden's favorability numbers have notched up in the wake of his curiously gaffe-less convention speech, but it's thin gruel. Fact is, that's the only thing they have. But if you look mostly on the right column of the front page of RealClearPolitics, it's pretty clear the trend is President Trump's friend. Apparently the artifice and over-processed convention infomercial, with its many technical sleights of hand (see here and here), didn't fool the voters.

46 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You're a teacher. Take a look at that creep's sentence and imagine him as a true intellectual. 

My praise of him is that he is not a pretend intellectual, he never feigns to be more than the guy who enjoys being obnoxious. I also recognize that his absurdity can be be useful even though it is not serious.

...so here's my two cent take on the Biden candidacy......reminiscent of the GOP offering up Dole and McCain (not taking away from their war hero status but immaterial to be Commander in Chief IMO)....ALL three are well beyond their political effectiveness prime....FAR too long as career politicians and out of touch with today's climate.....40+ year now stale political careers......Biden is probably the most noted for gaffes, corruption, affiliations et al......at the same time and sadly, potential up and coming, viable, potentially "make a difference" candidates shy away because if the DIRTIER nature, hatred, vitriol and foment of politics.....can anyone blame them?......hell, forcible touching in the 2nd grade could be a disqualifier......we're screwed..............