Potential Tre White replacements In 2020 if he opts out

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

He plays the slot 

He did play outside as well last year. He didn't so it very well..... but he did do it which is where I think the confusion is stemming from for people. I am with you that he is a decent slot and I would not sign him to play outside. 

I think you are going to see teams with cap space that normally would to extensions and such with that cap space sit on the cap surplus. 

think about it. Bills rollover would essentially wipe out a cap reduction of 20M and still allow a 10M in space added with a Cap Reduction next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

I didnt read every comment, but are their any players that could be legitimate trade options? EJ Gaines came via trade the first time around. Not crazy Madden stuff, but actual trades that could happen.

Could probably unload a guard or TE for a db. I don’t think he’s on the block, but an example would be Kroft for Josh Jackson (GB) who seems to have fallen out of favor or be a bad scheme fit for Pettine’s defense. We’d get an underperforming second round CB and they’d get aN injury prone weapon for Rodgers. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think you are going to see teams with cap space that normally would to extensions and such with that cap space sit on the cap surplus. 

think about it. Bills rollover would essentially wipe out a cap reduction of 20M and still allow a 10M in space added with a Cap Reduction next year. 

It's to me why spencer long getting cut was a no brainer.  I think Murphy probably gets cut too unless he's willing to take a straight pay-cut to stay.  Even if he'd be the 3rd man up, thats carryover that can be basically given directly to milano - who is a more important active piece on the defense.  With epenesa here for sure - jefferson able to swing out to end in a pinch - and then johnson/love/cox... there's a fair amount of guys you can use to replace his production.  

Regarding King/Jackson/Lewis - I think if White opts out they'll be given every chance to take a spot as a depth CB.  In McD's first year - it was White-E Gaines-L. Johnson.  Gaines obviously didn't play 16 games, so shareece wright played a bit.  A year later it was White-P Gaines-T. Johnson... Gaines stunk, Taron got hurt, so wallace and ryan lewis got a lot of snaps.  That 2018 defense with... various random UDFA's- was #2 in total yards, and #2 in passing defense.  

Having said all that - i think they have some faith in these guys.  I know losing white takes away basically the best player on the team, but in 2017-2018 he wasn't a top 5 corner, so the expectations for Norman don't need to be either.  

Edited by dneveu