Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Potential Tre White replacements In 2020 if he opts out

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

We have the cap space... I don’t think he’s close to as good obviously but he does have some value in this scheme 


Dre Kirkpatrick? Aqib Talib?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He isn't in the same universe as Tre. He is at his best inside as a slot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why hasn't Ryan been signed yet? What's the deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i like the idea of Logan Ryan.  Hopefully Tre stays.   

Edited by RyanC883

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why hasn't Ryan been signed yet? What's the deal?


$$$$

 

Same reason Clowney hasn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why hasn't Ryan been signed yet? What's the deal?

Couldn’t tell you, but most likely because he’s asking for too much money or his only offer is from the jets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't in the same universe as Tre. He is at his best inside as a slot. 

As is Taron Johnson. Any other names you can think of? I don’t foresee trading for anyone, since it is only for one year, but I guess you could look at it as more long term since Norman will probably be gone next year and will need replaced. 
 

should have kept Kevin Johnson 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

if anyone says logan ryan i will lose my *****


Well, the whole thread has been about Logan Ryan so...

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

if anyone says logan ryan i will lose my *****

Do you not like him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SCBills said:


Well, the whole thread has been about Logan Ryan so...

Unfortunate

 

Just now, MJS said:

Do you not like him?

If White played in the slot I might

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Norman or Levi Wallace.  

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As is Taron Johnson. Any other names you can think of? I don’t foresee trading for anyone, since it is only for one year, but I guess you could look at it as more long term since Norman will probably be gone next year and will need replaced. 
 

should have kept Kevin Johnson 

Definitely should’ve kept Johnson in hindsight. Prior to losing EJ and Tre possibly opting out, the move made more sense.  Tre, Norman, Levi and EJ is a solid unit of corners that can play the boundary. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If White played in the slot I might

 

Who do you suggest then?

 

He isn't strictly a nickle corner. He plays all over the field - including outside. Norman also has flexibility. And I have no doubt McDermott would make it work as a system. And looking at what's available, i'd take Ryan as a strictly outside corner over any strictly outside CB that's out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

 

Who do you suggest then?

 

He isn't strictly a nickle corner. He plays all over the field - including outside. Norman also has flexibility. And I have no doubt McDermott would make it work as a system. And looking at what's available, i'd take Ryan as a strictly outside corner over any strictly outside CB that's out there.

I think Logan Ryan is crazy overrated. He is a decent DB in the slot and that's basically it imo

 

I would take any vet in the Talib/Carr/Kirkpatrick variety before him, I think Logan Ryan as CB1 would be a disaster

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think Logan Ryan is crazy overrated. He is a decent DB in the slot and that's basically it imo

 

I would take any vet in the Talib/Carr/Kirkpatrick variety before him, I think Logan Ryan as CB1 would be a disaster

 

I agree. His numbers last year when they did use him more on the outside were pretty dire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't in the same universe as Tre. He is at his best inside as a slot. 

 does Tre Says someting about opts out or this is all about speculation????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I would take any vet in the Talib/Carr/Kirkpatrick variety before him, I think Logan Ryan as CB1 would be a disaster

 

Talib is 34 years old, coming off an injury, and has played a total of 13 games in the past two seasons. Carr is also 34 years old. Kirkpatrick is coming off hyper extending his knee just last November. 

 

Let's be honest, if White opts out, there's no one who will be able to step into that true CB1 role. All we can do is put the best combination of flexible CB's as we can out there and trust in our DB mastermind of a coach to make it work. Hell, maybe sign Ryan AND Carr. But I can't wrap my head around the idea that signing Ryan would be a bad move for a lacking Corner situation.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gonzonzo said:

 does Tre Says someting about opts out or this is all about speculation????????????

 

Tre has said he is considering it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...