Potential Tre White replacements In 2020 if he opts out

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We have the cap space... I don’t think he’s close to as good obviously but he does have some value in this scheme 

Dre Kirkpatrick? Aqib Talib?

UGHhhhh!! I really want to see Tre and Josh Norman play together... it's like when we had two prime corners in Greer and Mcgee and when one came back the other would be injured:cry:

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Talib is 34 years old, coming off an injury, and has played a total of 13 games in the past two seasons. Carr is also 34 years old. Kirkpatrick is coming off hyper extending his knee just late November. 

Let's be honest, if White opts out, there's no one who will be able to step into that true CB1 role. All we can do is put the best combination of flexible CB's as we can out there. Hell, maybe sign Rogers AND Carr. But I can't wrap my head around the idea that signing Ryan would be the wrong move.

Try these stats from 2019 and see if you still feel that way:

• He surrendered the most receptions (80) of any cornerback in the NFL last season, a full 10 more than second-place Justin Coleman of Detroit.

• He surrendered the most receiving yards (940) — and the most yards after catch (426) — of any cornerback in the league.

• He surrendered six touchdown passes during the regular season, tied for eighth-most in the league among corners.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sherlock Holmes said:

UGHhhhh!! I really want to see Tre and Josh Norman play together... it's like when we had two prime corners in Greer and Mcgee and when one came back the other would be injured:cry:

2020 continues to be the absolute worst 

• Like (+1) 1

If White opts out they probably go with - norman, wallace, johnson with jackson, king behind them.  Neal would function as the big nickel/depth NB.  Ike Brown and cam lewis probably on the PS - you can put one on the 55 man roster if you feel like say norman or wallace has a lingering issue and you might need depth for a specific week.

I feel like they signed king as insurance should white not play after gaines opted out, since I assume White's been in open communication with Beane.

They may still sign someone else, but I think they'll see how some of this plays out.  

Edited by dneveu

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I think Logan Ryan is crazy overrated. He is a decent DB in the slot and that's basically it imo

I would take any vet in the Talib/Carr/Kirkpatrick variety before him, I think Logan Ryan as CB1 would be a disaster

I'm not intricately familiar with his play but he seemed to be damn good whenever I saw him play for the titans and he played outside in base formations.

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

I feel like they signed king as insurance should white not play after gaines opted out, since I assume White's been in open communication with Beane.

They signed King to replace E.J. Gaines spot when he opted out. King is primarily a Special Teams player and had nothing to do with White. If White opts out, they'll have to bring in someone with experience.

I think Levi and Norman in a strict zone will do ok. Levi gets picked apart in man and his looks are inflated because people don't want to b thrown to the. Norman has a lot to prove so he may show something left in the tank. Is it a fierce 1 2 combo but I feel like we could do much worse 

Any news on Dane Jackson? Is he clear yet. Need slot depth

16 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

I think Levi and Norman in a strict zone will do ok. Levi gets picked apart in man and his looks are inflated because people don't want to b thrown to the. Norman has a lot to prove so he may show something left in the tank. Is it a fierce 1 2 combo but I feel like we could do much worse 

Any news on Dane Jackson? Is he clear yet. Need slot depth

Dane is still on Covid list 

edit: he was activated today 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Try these stats from 2019 and see if you still feel that way:

• He surrendered the most receptions (80) of any cornerback in the NFL last season, a full 10 more than second-place Justin Coleman of Detroit.

• He surrendered the most receiving yards (940) — and the most yards after catch (426) — of any cornerback in the league.

• He surrendered six touchdown passes during the regular season, tied for eighth-most in the league among corners.

For that mess just stick to what you got add depth 

FREE AGENTS

1. Aqib Talib

2. Trevor Williams

TRADE 

1. Desmond King (LAC) last year on rookie contract

2. Jimmy Smith (BAL) FA in 2021

3. Chidobe Awuzie (DAL) last year on rookie contract

4. Mike Hilton (PIT) last year on rookie contract

5. Willie Jackson (CIN) last year on rookie contract