Vikings Infection Control Officer and his family test positive for Covid

And training camps haven’t even started yet... the word fiasco comes to mind... our society has the cart before the horse... 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His job is to minimize risk, not "keep people safe".  That's something all of us are "in charge of".

Fair enough, I was just trying to make the point that if the guy who is devoting his energy to minimizing the risk to the team is testing positive, it doesn't bode well that teams aren't going to have major outbreaks like the Florida Marlins are experiencing now. I have my fingers crossed that football will find a way because watching a Bills game right about now would be the best tonic for our fan base, but it sometimes seems like just a lot of wishful thinking.

Also, I wonder who has that job with the Bills?

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Fair enough, I was just trying to make the point that if the guy who is devoting his energy to minimizing the risk to the team is testing positive, it doesn't bode well that teams aren't going to have major outbreaks like the Florida Marlins are experiencing now. I have my fingers crossed that football will find a way because watching a Bills game right about now would be the best tonic for our fan base, but it sometimes seems like just a lot of wishful thinking.

Also, I wonder who has that job with the Bills?

I think that teams based where the virus has been allowed to run wild will the teams most negatively impacted, no matter how many Infection Control Officers they employ.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think that teams based where the virus has been allowed to run wild will the teams most negatively impacted, no matter how many Infection Control Officers they employ.

And then they play a team from where the virus isn’t running wild, and spread it to them, so they can take it home with them after the game, and give it to people in their communities...

The word “fiasco” rears its head yet again. 

It sucks to be us right now...

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
poly ticks elsewhere please
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

And then they play a team from where the virus isn’t running wild, and spread it to them, so they can take it home with them after the game, and give it to people in their communities...

NYS is doing phase 3 and 4 pretty well right now for weeks.  Doesn't suck too much here.  People for the most part have behaved in a way that has led to this current state of low disease positive incidence.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

The only saving grace may be that if it follows the pattern like in NY, by Sept 8th, these hard hit area may be much better.  But many of the hard hit areas today are doing little to stop it's spread compared to what was done in NY so that may not happen either.  Just read yesterday, they are considering re-opening the bars in Miami area.  Got to keep those alcohol tax dollars flowing in.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

NYS is doing phase 3 and 4 pretty well right now for weeks.  Doesn't suck too much here.  People for the most part have behaved in a way that has led to this current state of low disease positive incidence.

My point is not that, and I am very happy Cuomo and most New Yorkers have done the right things,  the point was that when the Bills play a team from a state like Florida, say the Dolphins,  they stand a higher chance of contracting the virus and bringing it home with them. 

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Not a good omen when the guy in charge of keeping the team safe contracts the disease.

https://www.vikings.com/news/statements-from-the-minnesota-vikings-and-eric-sugarman

Good Lord.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

When the dust settles that may be true, but what about all the players who have been living and working out in S. Florida, Texas, and S. Cali who are now distributing themselves to all 32 teams?

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The only saving grace may be that if it follows the pattern like in NY, by Sept 8th, these hard hit area may be much better.  But many of the hard hit areas today are doing little to stop it's spread compared to what was done in NY so that may not happen either.  Just read yesterday, they are considering re-opening the bars in Miami area.  Got to keep those alcohol tax dollars flowing in.

I hear ya, the lack of doing things that aid the common good of the country is a bit frightening frankly, lots of willful ignorance thwarting constructive efforts nation wide.