14 Positives on Marlins

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Quoted for truth. #Benghazi

He said exactly what he needed to in order to put it into his supporters heads that it was a hoax while giving himself an out. "Their next hoax"

Yup. Trump spoke in a secret code that only his supporters have access to. Pretty cool that you figured it out. 

7 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

And it's their fault that Florida has done whatever they feel like for months now? What a shock that the first team to blow up is from Florida. I'm amazed.

Just heard on sports radio today that they had been positive for the virus BEFORE the game and played anyways?  Maybe the state's cavalier attitude towards the virus rubbed off on them.

38 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Is that true? I don't remember the left getting angry at Trump for banning travel as part of the pandemic response.

It's because it didn't happen. They said we would probably get mad on their news networks at the time because it was just like the muslim ban, except that people didn't because it wasn't.

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

you posted data from June 24, i posted data from today!

But California was already included in the original analysis I posted as one of the states with a full mask mandate. And at that time it already had an increase in cases. The trend I posted was already taking that into account. If you have a multi-state study that shows a different result, please share it.

20 minutes ago, Billl said:

I distinctly remember the right wing pundits accusing the left of accusing Trump of being racist for his response.  I don’t remember anyone actually accusing Trump of being racist over restricting travel from China.

I remember him being called a racist because he continued to call it the China/Wuhan virus, but that's it.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Yup. Trump spoke in a secret code that only his supporters have access to. Pretty cool that you figured it out. 

I mean, kinda. He rabbles gibberish at mach speed and dribbles out keywords that they latch onto, and then he backs it up with actions that would support the position he wanted to take (like publicly pushing back on requests for PPE).

It's pretty clear that the only people that believe this isn't a real problem belong exclusively to one political party.

Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that, right?” he said. “Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.”

Then the president, who often dismissed special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation as a hoax, continued, “They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

Edited by BullBuchanan

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I mean, kinda. He rabbles gibberish at mach speed and dribbles out keywords that they latch onto, and then he backs it up with actions that would support the position he wanted to take (like publicly pushing back on requests for PPE).

It's pretty clear that the only people that believe this isn't a real problem belong exclusively to one political party.

Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that, right?” he said. “Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.”

Then the president, who often dismissed special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation as a hoax, continued, “They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

Yes. He is saying the accusation that he is not taking the virus response seriously is a "hoax."  He is not saying the virus, itself, is a hoax. 

You know, for a guy that claims this isn't about "politics," you really haven't shut up about it. 

22 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

And just to clear, show me where that tool came up with the case counts...what site was he using, what data etc was he using etc. 

More info is at the full link:

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/covid-19-coronavirus-face-masks-infection-rates-20200624.html#click=https://t.co/VJkKe7yEQ3

The data source is apparently the National Governors Association.

More to the point, my original post said that if we had instituted a national mask policy early on we would have gotten it under control. I don't think the data I'm showing does a good enough job of showing that. This data shows how we're able to get an ongoing outbreak under control. And in one sense you're obviously right - at this point it is a little too late for one policy to end the pandemic. These things needed to be done before it turned into an outbreak. If states can lower their new case rate by an average of 25% with one simple policy, imagine what we could have done if we had instituted that policy well before we had thousands of new cases per day.

8 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Yes. He is saying the accusation that he is not taking the virus response seriously is a "hoax."  He is not saying the virus, itself, is a hoax. 

I know that, and you know that, but millions of people don't and that's the point.

6 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Too bad we did not have a coordinated national response.  Hopes for an nfl season are going down.    

It was brilliant, in a hamfisted way. “The states have to figure it out.” Take credit if they do, lay blame if they don’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I know that, and you know that, but millions of people don't and that's the point.

No body took it that way until a bunch of irresponsible journalists desperate to make Trump look bad took his quote out of context and tweeted it without context. It would have been a non-story but for the media’s response. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

No body took it that way until a bunch of irresponsible journalists desperate to make Trump look bad took his quote out of context and tweeted it without context. It would have been a non-story but for the media’s response. 

“How dare they make me look bad by using my exact words against me.” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is like wandering into a "Flat Earth" thread on PPP.

It's so tempting to keep jumping in, but it's an exercise in futility.

i was just thinking...this has completely come off the rails.  

1 minute ago, jimmy10 said:

You’re the one who tried to make this about teachers unions, bruh. So who has the axe to grind?

Well, my wife is in the Teacher’s Union, so it was at the top of my mind. Im saying your comment is stupid because you are advocating that misrepresenting people’s statements to stoke fear is good.